Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Like Tree19Likes
  • 13 Post By starshine
  • 1 Post By adalangdon
  • 1 Post By starshine
  • 2 Post By starshine
  • 2 Post By icebeng

Thread: PCSB and Mangos

PCSB and Mangos

So, inspired by the DLBP + Watermelon + Toilet Paper Post from Janine, I'm going to share a few photos of my Black Dyneema PCSB (Thanks again Darcy!) and mangos I picked up in Cebu.

Hope you guys like it!

7 not so ripe mangos, 3 packets of dried mangos and my sexy slug

For size comparison, sexy slug and mango

They all fit nicely inside. Probably space for 2 more mangos or a sexier slug.

Nice and stealthy. No one must know I'm hiding mangos in there.

Sent from my purple head sparrow using Tapatalk

Heh heh... Love the mangoes, sexy slug, and your sig!
    Last edited by adalangdon; 10-07-2014 at 02:13 AM.
    Wishlist: Black (Cordura)/UV S25; Aubergine/Steel SE; new 200D & 400D Dyneema fabrics; Imago v. 2

This will be so useful for my next trip to Maui (totally want to visit my brother in the Phillipines too). I love your black PCSB. I have one in Nordic but that black looks even sexier with the sexy slug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you come across a brand of dried mango named '7D' while you were there? It's the best (and most $$$) of the dried mango brands available here in Singapore, packaged very similarly to the 'Cebu' brand in your photos, and is also a Filipino product. I have wondered many a time how it stacks up against other Filipino dried mango snacks.

Quote Originally Posted by adalangdon View Post
    Did you come across a brand of dried mango named '7D' while you were there? It's the best (and most $$$) of the dried mango brands available here in Singapore, packaged very similarly to the 'Cebu' brand in your photos, and is also a Filipino product. I have wondered many a time how it stacks up against other Filipino dried mango snacks.
    I did not see it in Cebu but it's easily available here in Singapore. In my opinion, the 7D dried mango is more succulent and juicy while the Cebu Brand dried mangos are slightly drier and a little less sweet.

I really like mangos.
    icebeng likes this.

Did you have any trouble with the mangoes moving around while you were carrying them?
    And could I ask if you have tried Pakistani mangoes before?
    Would like to know how the Filipino mangoes compares if you have ^.^

No trouble with the mangos moving around as they sat very nicely in the bottom. Plus the dried mango packets provided some structure to stop any rolling.

Can't remember if I tried Pakistani mangos. The ones I bought were a little sour though I chose one that looked slightly more ripe so I could eat it quickly.

I guess they needed more time to get sexy.

Edit: get ripe. I meant get ripe. Not sexy. Too much slug

I think the PCSBs might make a great choice for mini grocery trips then, sometimes I don't get enough stuff to fill up the shop bags and they feel funny to carry.
    Sour mangoes are great for salads. You could try wrapping them in newspapers to speed up ripening.
    Or wrap them in a nice slinky outfit for more sexiness :P

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0