Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 38
Like Tree138Likes

Thread: Just TOO BIG!

  1. #1
    Registered User Janine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Lexington KY USA
    Posts
    1,094

    Just TOO BIG!

    When I was in Denver last month, I bought a small set of dice in rainbow colors to use for Yahtzee on the go. Yahtzee is a pretty big game to an ultra-minimal packer like myself, so I got the smallest dice I could find. Here they are:

    Name:  14775532588_562b251f0d_z.jpg
Views: 1692
Size:  48.8 KB

    When I got home, my first thought was, "Which Tom Bihn bag is the best to carry around my new Yahtzee dice?" The nano pouch, of course!

    I ordered my nano last week and it arrived today. I eagerly ripped open the package...but I can not possibly be more disappointed. LOOK AT HOW HUGE THIS THING IS!!!!

    Name:  14775468210_b942ea8a50_z.jpg
Views: 1701
Size:  66.6 KB

    The dice just swim in it!

    Name:  14961783342_1b97e7a313_z.jpg
Views: 1678
Size:  59.8 KB

    I am so very sad.

    We need a pico pouch. Stat.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

  2. #2
    Registered User vivelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    402
    your dice must be super small. maybe a very small drawstring pouch would be better?
    Janine likes this.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    90
    No way. You have plenty of space for a complete game - throw in half a golf pencil and a tiny score sheet and you'll fill the pouch! (And don't forget the reading glasses so you can actually SEE the dots.)
    I miss parapack

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    549
    Now thats funny right there!
    Maybe you can find a Bihn Dolls Pouch?

  5. #5
    Registered User Moose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Downeast Maine
    Posts
    894
    You guys are a hoot.
    Janine likes this.
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

  6. #6
    Registered User eightspokedb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    cave of caerbannog
    Posts
    143
    If that little pouch came in colors other than Coyote, I would be on it like -

    White on rice
    A duck on a june bug

    and if it came in green - I would buy it quicker than -

    a cocaine heartbeat....
    never skate faster than your guardian angel can fly....black and gold til I'm dead and cold....

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    122
    Quote Originally Posted by eightspokedb View Post
    If that little pouch came in colors other than Coyote, I would be on it like -

    White on rice
    A duck on a june bug

    and if it came in green - I would buy it quicker than -

    a cocaine heartbeat....
    Like this? Sadly they only had it during the holidays. Was hoping they would add it to be purchased so I could get a other one or two.


  8. #8
    Registered User eightspokedb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    cave of caerbannog
    Posts
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisc983 View Post
    Like this? Sadly they only had it during the holidays. Was hoping they would add it to be purchased so I could get a other one or two.

    Yes, I got one also - but they are so useful one needs MORE - in green....
    Janine and WenV like this.
    never skate faster than your guardian angel can fly....black and gold til I'm dead and cold....

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    122
    Yes they are really a useful size. I keep my Bluetooth headset with charger in it. Could use another one for carrying extra batteries.
    Janine likes this.

  10. #10
    Registered User Janine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Lexington KY USA
    Posts
    1,094
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisc983 View Post
    Like this? Sadly they only had it during the holidays. Was hoping they would add it to be purchased so I could get a other one or two.
    I think your black one is the micro pouch. I have a green parapack one (sorry, @eightspokedb!), my forum gift from last year. The micro is a wee bit larger than the nano - maybe .75" wider.

    Take a look at the tag placement on your picture and mine and I think you'll see what I mean.

    ETA: The nano also has a different zipper with a smaller pull.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    122
    Yes it was the forum gift. Was it a micro thought it was nano.
    Janine likes this.

  12. #12
    Registered User Janine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Lexington KY USA
    Posts
    1,094
    Sorry, dudes. Not my best photo ever, but it shows the differences between the nano and the micro.

    Name:  14777899577_3229e0fd39_z.jpg
Views: 1551
Size:  40.7 KB
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

  13. #13
    Registered User KatrinkaWinkle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Bethlehem, PA
    Posts
    60
    @Janine, I love Yahtzee! It's one of our "family games" for all holidays! I hadn't seen these tiny dice. Thanks for sharing!
    Janine likes this.
    SE: b-Aubergine; c-Plum Indigo; d-Steel Nordic Black Solar Wasabi; pp-Olive

    SWIFT: Turquoise Plum Hemp Aubergine Olive Kiwi INDIGO!!!!
    PCSB: Ultraviolet Wasabi Steel Iberian Nordic
    SSB: Ultraviolet Wasabi Steel Solar Iberian Nordic
    LSB: Ultraviolet Wasabi Steel Solar Iberian Nordic Black

    SCB: Plum Nordic Cocoa d-Black/Solar d-Nordic/Solar
    MCB: Plum Nordic Storm Cocoa d-Nordic/Solar d-Black/Solar

    IMAGO: Indigo/Plum, Navy/Cork, Black, Cocoa
    CO-PILOT: Indigo
    AERONAUT 45: Indigo

  14. #14
    Registered User Janine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Lexington KY USA
    Posts
    1,094
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisc983 View Post
    Yes it was the forum gift. Was it a micro thought it was nano.
    I did at first, too! Then one day when I was at work I had reason to check the dimensions (I was off the clock, of course) and realized that there was such a thing as the micro size. Totally blew my mind.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

  15. #15
    Registered User monkeylady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Puget Sound region
    Posts
    857
    Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    When I was in Denver last month, I bought a small set of dice in rainbow colors to use for Yahtzee on the go. Yahtzee is a pretty big game to an ultra-minimal packer like myself, so I got the smallest dice I could find. Here they are:

    Name:  14775532588_562b251f0d_z.jpg
Views: 1692
Size:  48.8 KB

    When I got home, my first thought was, "Which Tom Bihn bag is the best to carry around my new Yahtzee dice?" The nano pouch, of course!

    I ordered my nano last week and it arrived today. I eagerly ripped open the package...but I can not possibly be more disappointed. LOOK AT HOW HUGE THIS THING IS!!!!

    Name:  14775468210_b942ea8a50_z.jpg
Views: 1701
Size:  66.6 KB

    The dice just swim in it!

    Name:  14961783342_1b97e7a313_z.jpg
Views: 1678
Size:  59.8 KB

    I am so very sad.

    We need a pico pouch. Stat.
    Janine, I hope you bought lots and lots of these little things because I would like to know how many it takes to fill the new A30.
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Tags for this Thread


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0