Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree138Likes

Thread: Just TOO BIG!

When you said tiny, I didn't realize you meant microscopic!
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

Quote Originally Posted by monkeylady View Post
    Janine, I hope you bought lots and lots of these little things because I would like to know how many it takes to fill the new A30.
    Hmmmm.....

Step number 1: Acquire an A30.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeylady View Post
    Janine, I hope you bought lots and lots of these little things because I would like to know how many it takes to fill the new A30.
    I'd settle for the DLBP.

How about if you get one or some of these little plastic bags Mini Zip Lock Bags 1 X 1 Inch 1000 Bags by iMBAPrice http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001859FMK/..._8q28tb0T0B225

I got similar ones from walmart but haven't found them anymore recently. I use them to keep smaller items such as my different vitamins and things in my FAK separated that are inside other TB pouches. I think you can get them at some art stores as well.

I keep my micro dice in the plastic tube that the glasses repair kits come in. You can also use the screw top pill containers that are meant to go on your key ring. That way you always have them with you!

The mistake was in putting the dice on the TB pouch. Obviously the magical Tom Bihn TARDIS effect shrank the dice. Perhaps if you had snuck up on the pouch and SUDDENLY dropped them in they would have been a better fit

Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    Sorry, dudes. Not my best photo ever, but it shows the differences between the nano and the micro.

Attachment 8088
    That green is SPECTACULAR!!! I have a grey one, but that green is of what dreams are made...
    Janine and WenV like this.
    never skate faster than your guardian angel can fly....black and gold til I'm dead and cold....

Yep, I agree the Olive pouch is beautiful ...'twas what got me thinking about getting an Olive parapak Side Effect.

Quote Originally Posted by jannilee View Post
    The mistake was in putting the dice on the TB pouch. Obviously the magical Tom Bihn TARDIS effect shrank the dice. Perhaps if you had snuck up on the pouch and SUDDENLY dropped them in they would have been a better fit
    Hahahaha! +1 for the callback! :-D

(For the new folks on the forum, we had a run of Suddenly SALAD jokes on the forum a while back. Much hilarity ensued.)
    haraya likes this.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Quote Originally Posted by WenV View Post
    Yep, I agree the Olive pouch is beautiful ...'twas what got me thinking about getting an Olive parapak Side Effect.
    I got the 3DFOP in black, but may have to add an Olive to the collection - the Olive isn't too 'yellowy'. And yep, I'm considering the Olive SE instead of a black one...
    Janine and WenV like this.
    never skate faster than your guardian angel can fly....black and gold til I'm dead and cold....

So is the new Janine measuring system "smaller than a watermelon, larger than a set of miniature dice"?

Quote Originally Posted by eightspokedb View Post
    I got the 3DFOP in black, but may have to add an Olive to the collection - the Olive isn't too 'yellowy'. And yep, I'm considering the Olive SE instead of a black one...
    Good choice! I also own Black Dyneema, Steel Dyneema & Nordic Dyneema Side Effects but the Olive parapak is my favourite.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by binje View Post
    So is the new Janine measuring system "smaller than a watermelon, larger than a set of miniature dice"?
    Good question! I have been ciphering on that very notion.

I realized that toilet paper rolls and watermelons don't give me a fine enough set of units for all the things I might want to measure, so I'm developing a new set of standards. Mini dice are my latest addition to it. I still need a few more in-between sizes. I think we'd all agree that there's a gap between toilet paper rolls and watermelons that needs to be filled.
    ncb4 and kkintea like this.

I vote for M & Ms as a measure-scale. The colors match most of Tom Bihn Colors and after the hard work of measuring there is something to fill the empty energy-tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    I vote for M & Ms as a measure-scale. The colors match most of Tom Bihn Colors and after the hard work of measuring there is something to fill the empty energy-tanks.
    You are a genius, @Ilkyway! I LOVE YOU!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast