Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree244Likes

Thread: Night Fever!

Yeah I agree Janine-- I'm still at a loss with the padded bottom-side thingy. I know you can take it out but the bottom of the bag feels too exposed since it's not lined without that padding. I'm debating cutting a small piece of foam to fit, for just the bottom, so it's more flexible on the sides.

But the side compartments are much bigger than I expected. And my guess is the bag will grow on me. That's what happened with my little swift. I bought it and thought it was too small initially, but now I use it more than my regular swift. And the little swift, btw makes a great bag to tote a dslr around when you are actively using it. I was doing some site visits this summer and I would remove the camera from it's case and leave the case in the rental car and walked around with it in the little swift (also with my side effect in there) and it was easy to pull the camera from it and use it and it kept it protected enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    Or, if you aren't in the mood for watermelon,
    uou can fit 6 rolls of toilet paper in the NFTD without squashing any of them.
    This is SO helpful. Not just for the zombie apocalypse, but also because another bag company which shall be nameless [but which is named after an exotic travel destination in West Africa], used to show the capacity of their different-sized bags by stating how many rolls of TP each one could carry. Some dedicated Bihnion should developed a lovely chart with the TP capacities of every TB bag! Laughing.

Just picked up a Steel Night Flight today. First thoughts were to use it as a light load camera bag and/or a day trip bag. We'll see how it goes.

For those of you thinking about using this bag a camera bag, here's what my configuration looks like for now:

Name:  photo 2.JPG
Views: 590
Size:  264.5 KBName:  photo 3.JPG
Views: 588
Size:  288.9 KB

What you see is a 12-35mm lense on the left, and a GH3 with 42.5mm Nocticron with attached lens hood on the right.

Super Moderator
    I'd rather know how many ping-pong balls. If everyone sends me their used ping-pong balls (dead is OK, but must be round), I will document the capacity of all the ones I've got (a fair number), and course -- it's on the way -- the Night Flight.

Quote Originally Posted by timothy View Post
    I'd rather know how many ping-pong balls. If everyone sends me their used ping-pong balls (dead is OK, but must be round), I will document the capacity of all the ones I've got (a fair number), and course -- it's on the way -- the Night Flight.
    I'm intrigued. How do ping-pong balls figure into your zombie apocalypse preparedness program?
    Hollie and ClaireJ like this.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Quote Originally Posted by xray View Post
    Just picked up a Steel Night Flight today. First thoughts were to use it as a light load camera bag and/or a day trip bag. We'll see how it goes.
    Ah. I was trying to surround my camera with padding but your setup is different. Do you think the camera body and lens will be okay with padding on one side and a pocket on the other?

I have to confess that I'm a cameratard. I have no idea how durable a camera is, so I try to treat mine gently. I would be thrilled to find out that it is sturdier than I imagine. It would take a load of my mind, actually.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Quote Originally Posted by atarango1 View Post
    Yeah I agree Janine-- I'm still at a loss with the padded bottom-side thingy. I know you can take it out but the bottom of the bag feels too exposed since it's not lined without that padding. I'm debating cutting a small piece of foam to fit, for just the bottom, so it's more flexible on the sides.
    I have a feeling that there will be NF Hacker Club developing shortly. That thingy is so...weird. It feels unfinished. I keep thinking that I need to fix it.

Miking? Seems like his sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by xray View Post
    What you see is a 12-35mm lense on the left, and a GH3 with 42.5mm Nocticron with attached lens hood on the right.
    Nocticron... <DROOL> How do you like it? I just can't find that money in my bank account currently...

Quote Originally Posted by ncb4 View Post
    Some dedicated Bihnion should developed a lovely chart with the TP capacities of every TB bag! Laughing.
    I can try adding this to all future review videos of mine, but I think we need to settle on a standard unit of TP measure. Are we talking 1-ply or 2-ply? Quilted? Single roll or double roll? Approximate number of sheets per roll (a range is fine) for a roll to qualify as "within spec"?

Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    I have to confess that I'm a cameratard. I have no idea how durable a camera is, so I try to treat mine gently. I would be thrilled to find out that it is sturdier than I imagine. It would take a load of my mind, actually.
    Nikon d3100? It's sturdier than you probably think. Sure it's not a pro grade, fully weather sealed body with a magnesium frame, but it's also not a cheap plastic point and shoot. It's a fully polycarbonate frame and shell with a rubberized coating. It can easily handle bumps and bruises of getting knocked around a little bit. I wouldn't take it into a warzone or heavy rain, but it should be plenty study enough for most people to even probably survive a modest drop (assuming your glass survives, which will depend on where/how it lands).

Babying is fine, just don't baby it to the point you don't actually shoot it.
    Own: Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Iberian), Aeronaut 30 (Steel/Ultraviolet), Night Flight (Coyote/Steel), Guide's Pack (Steel), Synapse 19 (Olive/Steel), Daylight (Navy), Aeronaut Packing Cube Backpack (Wasabi), Founder's Briefcase (Black), Pilot (Steel 400d/Steel), Co-Pilot (Black/Iberian), Side Effect (Black/Ultraviolet), Travel Tray (Iberian), various cubes, pouches, sacks, and straps

Want: EVERYTHING.

And it dependas what you carry in that Side Pocket next to the camera. Knowing you it's ptobbably Toilettpaper so you should be fine ;-)

Ilkyway

Super Moderator
    I'm intrigued. How do ping-pong balls figure into your zombie apocalypse preparedness program?
    Well, they're more granular than rolls of toilet paper are, and more uniform, while being less messy than BBs. As noted above, TP isn't a uniform measure, while "The international rules specify that [table tennis / ping-pong] is played with a sphere having a mass of 2.7 grams (0.095 oz) and a diameter of 40 millimetres (1.57 in)." Used to be 38mm, but that's quite close, too.

In the event of an apocalypse, they will be as valuable as ammunition and MREs, because ping pong will be one of the major forms of entertainment, and once they get ripped open, ping pong balls can't really be rescued. (A slight smashing can often be mitigated with boiling, but the ball is never quite the same.)

Quote Originally Posted by timothy View Post
    In the event of an apocalypse, they will be as valuable as ammunition and MREs, because ping pong will be one of the major forms of entertainment, and once they get ripped open, ping pong balls can't really be rescued. (A slight smashing can often be mitigated with boiling, but the ball is never quite the same.)
    I have a vision in my mind of the dark ages between the dawn of the zombie apocalypse and the ensuing collapse of industry and the second rise of industrialization after the zombie threat is contained. In those years, people trade gold nuggets for the few remaining ping-pong balls and tales of ping-pong tournaments of the past are told to children late at night, as people gather around fires for warmth and safety, exchanging squares of toilet paper and slices of watermelon as gestures of hospitality and solidarity.

So, I have this kid. He does this thing where he picks a toy and carries it around with him wherever he goes. But first, he finds some kind of bag or box or container to put it in.

One of his current obsessions: THE HUGE SANDWICH.

Last night I looked at the kid. I looked at the sandwich. I looked at the kid again. I looked at the sandwich again. And then I said, "I think I have the perfect bag for your sandwich."

TWENTY MINUTES LATER, I am still trying to get an unpacking shot of the kid taking the sandwich out. It is a perfect fit. He unzips the bag, reaches in, starts to pull it out, but it's like the Night Fever was constructed specifically to carry this gigantic crazy toy in the center compartment. He wouldn't disrupt that perfect marriage of bag and contents. It was hilarious.

When he was at the grands today I took a picture:

Name:  14849523796_3f410e9b24_z.jpg
Views: 482
Size:  54.2 KB

Anyone know where I can find gigantic mustard and mayo to put in the side compartments?

Thats hilarious..

You forgot ketchup!

Well a regular size squeezer of mayo, mustard and ketchup should do the trick.

Empty and washed, of course.
    Janine and Ilkyway like this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast