Like Tree15Likes
  • 10 Post By RhoFro
  • 3 Post By RhoFro
  • 2 Post By icebeng

Thread: Work-Gym Brain Bag

Work-Gym Brain Bag

Today was launch day for the Brain Bag - a pack I've let cultivate for a while to see if I would warm up to it.

Not a minimalist packer, it didn't take long to find virtue in 36L.

The Aeronaut PCBP fits exactly perfect in the front of the Brain Bag and easily packed all my gym gear; wide lug trail shoes, change of clothes, over the ear headphones, Naglene, all of it.

The extra nice surprise is that the Lead's Pocket, which fits so well in the BB clips is sized just right for my iPad Air in its case - well padded and perfectly protected. And below the Lead's Pocket is plenty of room for my work laptop, my Side Effect with wallet, checkbook, personal stuff, and still lots of space for papers and whatnot.

No more toting a gym bag + work stuff in 2 different bags. And it's so light to carry I can barely feel it even if I do look like a turtle. Maybe not a ninja turtle because it's not very stealth.

Name:  Work Gym Brain Bag.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  179.6 KB

Steel parapack Brain Bag + Dyneema Aeronaut packing cube back pack + Olive parapack Lead's Pocket
    Supporting staff - side effect, yarn stuff sack, travel stuff sack & small shop bag.
    ~ one of virtually everything ~ Happy victim of Tom Bihn mind control

Great review, @Rhofro

Is this the newest version?
    Or which year you bought your Brain Bag? Because I am intrigued by yours Nordic Dyneema Lining. i haven't see a Dyneema Lining for Brain Bag before.
    Sent from 41Lumia via TPTalk
    A45 Navy/Solar, Pilot Steel 400d/Steel, PCSB Nordic 400d, UMP Steel 400d
    BC Vertical Size1, HorizontalM2
    TT Iberian+Solar, SC Olive, YSS Tall/Clear/Solar
    DOP Medium/Olive, COP Small/Olive, PP Navy/Solar

Buy List : Taking a long break
    ~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

That is a bag-in-bag situation. Its a Packin Cube Backpack of some sort I guess. And it can not be the latest version, because there is no steel on the outside (jet).
    But RhoFro will shed some more light on this.

RhoFro how happy are you with the Leads-Pocked there?

Yup, you are correct - Illkway. Definitely, a bag-in-bag.
    The photos are clearer on my big screen laptop - than my mobile.
    A45 Navy/Solar, Pilot Steel 400d/Steel, PCSB Nordic 400d, UMP Steel 400d
    BC Vertical Size1, HorizontalM2
    TT Iberian+Solar, SC Olive, YSS Tall/Clear/Solar
    DOP Medium/Olive, COP Small/Olive, PP Navy/Solar

Buy List : Taking a long break
    ~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

Quote Originally Posted by weirdguy View Post
    Yup, you are correct - Illkway. Definitely, a bag-in-bag.
    The photos are clearer on my big screen laptop - than my mobile.
    RhoFro wrote that it was an Aeronaut Packing Cube Backpack in the post that has the photo attached.

It's a Black/Steel/Steel Parapack Brain Bag, with a Nordic Dyneema Aeronaut PCBP & Olive parapack Lead's Pocket. That size PCBP fits the Brain Bag perfectly.

I love the LP as a BB accessory. It clips at the top and holds my iPad Air better than the cache did (because I have a case on it). I didn't realize the LP was so thoroughly padded but that's great for holding the Air. Plus, there are several pockets inside it for additional organization. I know it was designed for the Guide's Pack but it's a terrific addition to the Brain Bag as well. A great way to add some parapack goodness.

@RhoFro
    Great pic of how you use your BB. The Parapack really shows even in this picture - I can see the shiny sheen!
    I definitely agree about the Lead's Pocket. It has so many interior compartments and the one exterior zippered compartment. The padding really makes this a protective item and you can use it as a waist bag or even a shoulder bag.

Thanks
    Cheers!
    Last edited by tpnl; 07-21-2014 at 06:58 PM.
    Zephyr (Black/Steel), S25 (Black/Iberian), SA (Black/Steel), BB (Back/Steel), A45 (Black/Iberian), TS (Black/Iberian), WF (/Crimson/Steel), CPF (Black/Indigo/Steel), EB (Black/Steel), , CP (Black/Steel), Ego (Black/Steel/Indigo Stripe), Vertical Brain Cells, FS, Camera I/O, 400d Nordic PCBP/PCSB/TT, SE (Black/Iberian), Lead's Pocket, YSS

Thanks for the new idea! I hadn't thought about unclipping the Lead's Pocket, putting on a strap and using it as a shoulder bag. Brilliant! I may have to name this bag Optimus Prime because of how it transforms

Quote Originally Posted by RhoFro View Post
    Thanks for the new idea! I hadn't thought about unclipping the Lead's Pocket, putting on a strap and using it as a shoulder bag. Brilliant! I may have to name this bag Optimus Prime because of how it transforms
    Wishing for a yellow Parapack version I can name BumbleBee! Or a red one for IronHide! ^.^
    tpnl and weirdguy like this.

Hi, nice review about brain bags! The photos itself clearly shows how useful the bag compartments are. I see that the enclosed space is larger and can hold a specific thing. I think, it gives me a better idea to pack all those relevant things I needed for a work-out

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0