Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree296Likes

Thread: It's official: I am in love with the Aeronaut 30

Quote Originally Posted by taminca View Post
    Thanks, @WendyK. Of course, I am now tortured by the thought of my Aubergine A30 at the nearby UPS Store awaiting pickup while I am vacationing in Seattle. Surely, the Fates cannot be that cruel!
    The Fates ARE that cruel! My A30 and NFTD will arrive when I am in Washington. The silver lining is that I will have TB goodies to look forward to when I return from vacation
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

Oh no! I just placed my order earlier this week but made a change to use a gift certificate. When I was sent the new invoice, it indicated a ship date of 7/24! I wrote back to ask if it actually shipped and sadly, the ship date just automatically fills in for the current date on the invoice. So for a few fleeting hours I thought that I just might get my A30 next week. Not to be... Now Aubergine is on back order until Sept. I hope mine is still in the bunch for mid-August! I leave for London on the 19th!
    Last edited by Pokilani; 07-25-2014 at 03:32 PM.

Omg omg omg omg omg! My order shipped! Next week I will officially be a Bihnion. Unless there's some other secret initiation I do not know about? Or prefix titles like in academia (Assistant, Associate)? Or some type of Bihnocratic oath I must take? Please advise.

Late September my ar*e! My full back order including a Steel/UV A30 appears to have been shipped WELL ahead of the late September anticipated ship time. Curse you TB Crew and your under promise/over deliver ethos!

No seriously. It's great that this is all going to arrive like 2 months before I need them (trip to Scandinavia), but if you could have just waited until Monday it would have rolled onto a different billing cycle on my credit card... Now I need to explain a few extra items in the forthcoming TB box to the wife a lot sooner than I had planned...

#TBaddictproblems
    Own: Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Iberian), Aeronaut 30 (Steel/Ultraviolet), Night Flight (Coyote/Steel), Guide's Pack (Steel), Synapse 19 (Olive/Steel), Daylight (Navy), Aeronaut Packing Cube Backpack (Wasabi), Founder's Briefcase (Black), Pilot (Steel 400d/Steel), Co-Pilot (Black/Iberian), Side Effect (Black/Ultraviolet), Travel Tray (Iberian), various cubes, pouches, sacks, and straps

Want: EVERYTHING.

I feel your pain @itsablur. I didn't even tell the honey I ordered something. I think I will just wrap it up, put my name on the birthday card and sign it with my dog's paw print. I sure do love my dog!

Quote Originally Posted by itsablur View Post
    Late September my ar*e! My full back order including a Steel/UV A30 appears to have been shipped WELL ahead of the late September anticipated ship time. Curse you TB Crew and your under promise/over deliver ethos!

No seriously. It's great that this is all going to arrive like 2 months before I need them (trip to Scandinavia), but if you could have just waited until Monday it would have rolled onto a different billing cycle on my credit card... Now I need to explain a few extra items in the forthcoming TB box to the wife a lot sooner than I had planned...

#TBaddictproblems
    Yeah, good luck with that matey. When my next delivery from TB arrives (scheduled end of August) I'm really hoping that the Long Haired General won't be around when I open it lest she catches sight of the packing invoice. If she does, then I can see that large TB box becoming my home for the next few days.

Quote Originally Posted by davys View Post
    the Long Haired General
    @davys, I just have to say - I love this moniker and I have never heard it before you started using it! The first time I read about the LHG in a post, I had to re-read and figure out who that is. Just perfect!

Volunteer Moderator
    All of you who are waiting for your Aeronaut 30s, here are a few pictures. (Hopefully someone with better camera skills and better lighting will post soon, because I can't get the color balance right on these shots).

Aubergine/Wasabi A30 with Olive Field Journal Notebook
    Name:  IMG_0965.jpg
Views: 591
Size:  538.8 KB

Aubergine/Wasabi A30 with French Blue Daylight Backpack and Nordic/Steel Synapse 19.
    Name:  IMG_0963.jpg
Views: 615
Size:  878.7 KB

Open Aubergine/Wasabi A30 showing 15" (Small) Eagle Creek Specter II Pack-It Folder
    Name:  IMG_0973.jpg
Views: 603
Size:  845.6 KB

The zippered sides in the A30 are designed so that when the inside of the bag is zipped, the lining billows slightly into the end pockets, allowing slightly larger width items, such as this 15" Pack-It Folder, to rest entirely within the lined central compartment.

Sorry for the poor color balance, but I thought I'd post these until someone who takes better pictures shows the Aubergine A30.

moriond

@moriond, it is nice to see your Aubergine A30 next to the Nordic and French blue packs, and I am pleasantly surprised by how much I like it next to the UV!

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    All of you who are waiting for your Aeronaut 30s, here are a few pictures. (Hopefully someone with better camera skills and better lighting will post soon, because I can't get the color balance right on these shots).

Aubergine/Wasabi A30 with Olive Field Journal Notebook
    Name:  IMG_0965.jpg
Views: 591
Size:  538.8 KB

Aubergine/Wasabi A30 with French Blue Daylight Backpack and Nordic/Steel Synapse 19.
    Name:  IMG_0963.jpg
Views: 615
Size:  878.7 KB

Open Aubergine/Wasabi A30 showing 15" (Small) Eagle Creek Specter II Pack-It Folder
    Name:  IMG_0973.jpg
Views: 603
Size:  845.6 KB

The zippered sides in the A30 are designed so that when the inside of the bag is zipped, the lining billows slightly into the end pockets, allowing slightly larger width items, such as this 15" Pack-It Folder, to rest entirely within the lined central compartment.

Sorry for the poor color balance, but I thought I'd post these until someone who takes better pictures shows the Aubergine A30.

moriond
    Love that s19 in nordic. Hope they bring nordic or some other blue dyneema back !
    My a30 should be here wednesday. Cant wait to trial pack it.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by NWhikergal View Post
    @moriond, it is nice to see your Aubergine A30 next to the Nordic and French blue packs, and I am pleasantly surprised by how much I like it next to the UV!
    @NWHikergal I was debating between the French Blue and the Black Dyneema Daylight Backpack to go with most of my bags. (I tried taking some pictures with Navy, Indigo, and Nordic travel bags in sunlight, but got terrible moiré patterns on the ballistic nylon). My first impression on opening the box and seeing the UV Travel Laundry Stuff Sack next to the A30, was that the Aubergine would look really good with an Ultraviolet lining! I also have an Aubergine/UV Side Effect. The color that looks even better than French Blue with Aubergine, is the slightly lighter and grayer Storm Blue that @icebeng likes so much. (There's a picture of a Storm keystrap and Storm pen/pencil organizer pouch against the Aubergine Side Effect in my post about the FoxL Bluetooth speakers in the Small light bluetooth speakers thread.

Yes, I like the Aubergine next to Ultraviolet quite a lot.

moriong

I just returned last night from my summer beach vacation where I reveled in the awesome capacity of my new large (and small) Shop Bags when, lo and behold, I received an email from TB while I was gone stating that I'll receive my A30 (steel/wasabi), Travel Laundry Stuff Sack (ultraviolet), and A30 End Pocket Packing Cube this Friday!! Whoo hop! Christmas comes early!!

As I planned but failed to take photos of my Shop Bags filled with beach supplies, I'll be sure to take some photos of my A30 and accessories
    eWalker likes this.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawaii View Post
    Love that s19 in nordic. Hope they bring nordic or some other blue dyneema back !
    My a30 should be here wednesday. Cant wait to trial pack it.
    @Hawaii, agreed about loving Nordic and hoping another blue dyneema color comes back. That S19 was ordered as soon as they announced its availability -- you'll see that's the old "Portable Culture" label, so the Synapse doesn't have the rail loops, bottom webbing for the Guardian Light to attach to, or the extra O-rings in the bottom pocket. But I was so afraid they would discontinue Nordic before I could get my bags, that I ordered the Synapse, Swift, and Shop Bags as soon as possible! Good thing for me, since this bag has the narrower backpack strap placement that works better for my height and build. I didn't realize how nice the Nordic Dyneema was in the Western Flyer until I did a recent bag swap with @Moosezilla, otherwise, I wouldn't have gotten this bag because of already having a Western Flyer in Ballistic Nylon.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawaii View Post
    +1 *chants Nor-dic! Nor-dic!* It's my favorite dyneema and I would purchase more if it was available.

Aaaargh! I just got a text from my husband that my TB box - containing my aubergine/wasabi A30 - was just delivered!

Ack! While I was typing that, he texted me a picture of one of our cats already sprawled across the TB box and grooming, ahem, himself. Seriously, that cat has the cleanest nether regions.

So, apparently everyone in the family gets to enjoy my TB delivery except me. I am stuck at work and won't get home for another 4-5 hours.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0