Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 108
Like Tree297Likes

Thread: It's official: I am in love with the Aeronaut 30

  1. #46
    Registered User ncb4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    734
    Quote Originally Posted by taminca View Post
    Congrats, Nancy! Aubergine Rules . Hopefully, we won't have to wait too long...
    I know, @taminca: I am not-so-secretly hoping that the TB crew will work its usual miracle and beat that "mid-August" shipping projection.
    Hawaii and taminca like this.

  2. #47
    Registered User ncb4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    734
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    That is impressive! I hadn't even given you my reasons for why the A30 and A45 are different enough to warrant owning both...

    This reply is a bit belated then, and perhaps not too helpful, but I think that the answer is "yes." I am really starting to see the A45 as my extended road-tripping or going abroad for a month bag, and the A30 for most everything else. I think the A30 is capable of handling a LOT more than one might think at first sight, so I do believe you should be able to squeeze in a few just-in-case items with no problem.

    Just to recap, because I was packing for two I had essentially a week's worth of clothing in the 30 and I could have gotten in more--maybe a pair of pants, another couple shirts, and a light jacket. It was effortless to carry and I think that while you will want to pack judiciously at first to make sure it doesn't overburden your shoulder, you'll be able to get a lot out of this bag, especially since the packing method is more or less the same.

    I'm sure the two of you will be very happy together. 😊
    I'm sure we will be, too, although it will be a mènage á trois: the A45, the A30, and me. OK, actually it will be some kind of French quadrilateral, I guess, because I also ordered the Night Flight.

    And I didn't have to wait for you to give your reasons....I could read your mind!

  3. #48
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    456
    OK, so if I am looking for a bag to carry my stuff and my two small kids stuff for 3 day weekend plane trips, would the A30 or A45 be better? I am petite, so my tendency is the A30 for ease of carry, but with 3 people's stuff in there, is it reasonable? I would also have a tote style purse about the size of a small shop bag to carry in-flight bits, and my 7 yr old can carry his small LLBean pack (900 cu in) with a few things as well-although he continues to campaign for a SCB!

    This would be my first of the travel TB bags, and I am sort of overly excited about the idea!!

  4. #49
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    686
    Thanks again @Badger and @NWhikergal! I ordered my Aubergine A30 today. So excited for my first TB. Let the love-fest commence.

  5. #50
    Registered User Gumby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by NWhikergal View Post
    One more interesting and random tidbit. It seems the the A30 side pockets can easily accommodate a wine bottle with ample room to spare. Just in case anyone needs to urgently carry a wine bottle in their A30, lol.

    Attachment 7351
    This is probably the most important packing tip I've seen in quite some time. Ordering the A30 right this minute!
    Synapse 19, Co-Pilot, Side Effect, Small Cafe Bag, Western Flyer, Tri-Star, Travel Tray, Passport Pouch, Small Organizer Wallet (this is the little guy that started it all...), several Shop Bags and Organizer Pouches. More to come, I'm sure...

  6. #51
    Registered User Ilkyway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    GMT +1 Germany, North
    Posts
    1,020
    And there are the "experts" saying Sex sells... ;-)

  7. #52
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    558
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    And there are the "experts" saying Sex sells... ;-)
    It does! It does!!!
    TB bags are the sexiest bags I've ever laid eyes on! ^.^

  8. #53
    Registered User WendyK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    BC Canada
    Posts
    107
    Quote Originally Posted by ncb4 View Post
    I know, @taminca: I am not-so-secretly hoping that the TB crew will work its usual miracle and beat that "mid-August" shipping projection.
    Tom Bihn customer service emailed me about my order because I put a note in about wanting the A30 for my vacation in early August. Apparently they expect to be shipping aubergine/wasabi A30s "in the next week or so". Best customer service anywhere!

  9. #54
    Registered User taminca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    711
    Quote Originally Posted by WendyK View Post
    Tom Bihn customer service emailed me about my order because I put a note in about wanting the A30 for my vacation in early August. Apparently they expect to be shipping aubergine/wasabi A30s "in the next week or so". Best customer service anywhere!
    Thanks, @WendyK. Of course, I am now tortured by the thought of my Aubergine A30 at the nearby UPS Store awaiting pickup while I am vacationing in Seattle. Surely, the Fates cannot be that cruel!
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

  10. #55
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    686
    I just ordered my aubergine yesterday and it it still said "pre-orders for mid-August" so I hope mine is in that batch for the next week or so! That would come before my birthday (A30 is my present to myself) and I would love to take it to London for my mid-August trip! Is it too optimistic to be imagining myself in the London Underground with the A30 on my back, a huge smile on my face, and a few stifled chuckles as I watch my colleague with his giant checked roller bag?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #56
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    67
    My aubergine A30 left Seattle yesterday - they are starting to ship, y'all! Let the anticipation commence!
    binje likes this.

  12. #57
    Registered User WendyK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    BC Canada
    Posts
    107
    Mine shipped today! Let the TBAS begin! At least I sent it to my work address this tins so I won't have to worry about missing the delivery.

  13. #58
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,884
    Quote Originally Posted by taminca View Post
    Thanks, @WendyK. Of course, I am now tortured by the thought of my Aubergine A30 at the nearby UPS Store awaiting pickup while I am vacationing in Seattle. Surely, the Fates cannot be that cruel!
    Ask if it can be kept in the queue and you can do a store pickup.

    Well... Maybe, you don't want to visit the Mothership.


  14. #59
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,884
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokilani View Post
    I just ordered my aubergine yesterday and it it still said "pre-orders for mid-August" so I hope mine is in that batch for the next week or so! That would come before my birthday (A30 is my present to myself) and I would love to take it to London for my mid-August trip! Is it too optimistic to be imagining myself in the London Underground with the A30 on my back, a huge smile on my face, and a few stifled chuckles as I watch my colleague with his giant checked roller bag?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Believe me, a TB Bag in Europe is worth getting expedited shipping.

    I travelled there extensively without TB gear and my last trip was with TB A45, Tristar and S19.

    The previous trips = bulky, uneasy to maneouver stuff, mostly checked.

    This trip = all carry on, very lightweight, very stylish.

    A45 and Tristar have backpack straps but they are as nice to carry with handles and you have the 4th option of the Absolute Shoulder Strap.

    Don't Run, don't walk but sprint to the phone and the email to ask for expedited shipping.

    PS: The TB gear on that trip made such a difference, we made 7 stops (pack/unpack) in 6 different countries, and the distance meant, I had better pack everything to the millimeter, because anything left, was lost.

    Make sure to order a Travel Tray, the best accessory investment, you'll ever make.

  15. #60
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    686
    Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    Believe me, a TB Bag in Europe is worth getting expedited shipping.

    I travelled there extensively without TB gear and my last trip was with TB A45, Tristar and S19.

    The previous trips = bulky, uneasy to maneouver stuff, mostly checked.

    This trip = all carry on, very lightweight, very stylish.

    A45 and Tristar have backpack straps but they are as nice to carry with handles and you have the 4th option of the Absolute Shoulder Strap.

    Don't Run, don't walk but sprint to the phone and the email to ask for expedited shipping.

    PS: The TB gear on that trip made such a difference, we made 7 stops (pack/unpack) in 6 different countries, and the distance meant, I had better pack everything to the millimeter, because anything left, was lost.

    Make sure to order a Travel Tray, the best accessory investment, you'll ever make.
    I'm definitely packing light for London. In my test packing, all of my things fit in a 16 x 10.5 x 6.5 in bag, with room to spare. I've got an SOS strap (they make the TB absolute strap) to lighten the load, but I'd much rather have the A30 for the backpack option! The TSS was the first accessory I added to my basket--I definitely had to have that. I also added a 3D fabric cube, a Q kit, and some straps. I can't wait for all my new stuff.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0