Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree94Likes

Thread: Lil' ol' A30 of mine (or, first impressions...)

Cool Lil' ol' A30 of mine (or, first impressions...)

Hi all,

Never posted to the forum before, been a long time lurker/snooper, but I thought I'd post my new goody courtesy of TB (via UPS...).

Today I received my new A30 in Black/Iberian and I couldn't be more tickled. It's exactly what I hoped for for the longest time ...basically a Aeronaut form factor in a TS size. I wish it was available in Navy/Iberian like my TS ...but that's ok since my Aeronaut (aka A45) is Black/Steel, so I'm happy

I'm sure looking forward to packing up this guy ... it's exactly the right size I've been looking for. Now I'm totally covered for all my travels ... business (TS), smaller leisure (A30) and 'larger' leisure (A45). All other bags I have are going on ebay.

Anyway, a huge 'thank you' to Tom B, the entire crew at TB, all the wonderful posters on the forum who have given me so much inspiration and enjoyable reading, even my local UPS guy who knows me all too well for all the deliveries he makes to me.

Dave

Name:  A30_2.jpg
Views: 840
Size:  237.8 KB

Ooooooohh!!!! You are the lucky one!! Welcome!! And please, please post some more!!
    Orders are here! Unpacking A45, A30, NF20 & CP10! TB Crew rocks!!

I believe the correct response is: "SUPER JEALOUS".

Can you pack it up and show it beside a stuffed A45? Strongly considering purchasing one for my wife, who at 5'-5'1" looks awkwardly disproportionate with my A45 (Navy/Iberian; fantastic colour combination).
    Own: Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Iberian), Aeronaut 30 (Steel/Ultraviolet), Night Flight (Coyote/Steel), Guide's Pack (Steel), Synapse 19 (Olive/Steel), Daylight (Navy), Aeronaut Packing Cube Backpack (Wasabi), Founder's Briefcase (Black), Pilot (Steel 400d/Steel), Co-Pilot (Black/Iberian), Side Effect (Black/Ultraviolet), Travel Tray (Iberian), various cubes, pouches, sacks, and straps

Want: EVERYTHING.

itsa ~

Let me see what I can do this weekend. Just arrived last night and all I did was fuss over it
    for a time before going to bed LOL.

Its so funny ... it really is a 'pint-sized Aeronaut' - and exactly what I wanted (AND the improvements
    such as both end pockets being zip closed and the 'zipper' extenders on the inside for the end pockets
    are a great touch)

I've never been able to improve on the Aeronaut form factor with any other bag I've tried. All I wanted
    was one a bit smaller. The A30 landed square on target.

D

I wrote jealous 4567743566356 times and erased! And almost forgot to even say welcome!
    Orders are here! Unpacking A45, A30, NF20 & CP10! TB Crew rocks!!

Thanks eW !

I've creeped around the forums like a stalker forever, picking up vast tidbits of
    knowledge from all the posters here. Figured I'd better show my face finally...

Only tiny regret is that it wasn't available in Navy/Iberian... love that combo.

Neat (short) story ... when I bought my TS in Navy/Iberian, I received the box with
    great enthusiasm, opened it up ... and inside was a Navy/Iberian A45 ! I knew that
    it wouldn't be a problem with getting it exchanged (that fantastic customer service
    again ...) but I sure drooled over that Aeronaut. I sat there and compared it with
    my Black/Steel A .. and entertained 'accidentally' slipping the black one in the return
    box LOL.

Needless to say the honorable voice in my head was louder than the evil one, and it
    went back and a TS was dispatched post haste.

It sure was purty though ....
    eWalker likes this.

Wow! Looks awesome. Thanks for giving hope to those of us suffering from TBAS that we, too, will not have to wait til mid-August.
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

And here I was telling myself that I don't need an Aeronaut 30! grr it looks perfect! Thanks for sharing.

It's so beautiful!
    Hawaii and eWalker like this.

ldave1 thank you for signing in to share THIS! Great picture, and I too would ask (what the heck: more like beg) you to do some side by side pictures with the two Aero-Brothers.

Ilkyway
    eWalker likes this.

Ilkyway ~

Will do! I'll try and 'pack' them both and do a photo-op this weekend.

No trips planned in the immediate future - so I have to do SOMETHING with my new toy ...
    Ilkyway likes this.

Finally a decent picture of the inside zipper part of the side pockets!
    Edit: a Coyote dyneema would look great inside the black A30.
    Last edited by thorn; 07-11-2014 at 09:37 AM.

Sweeeeet!!! And you are feeding my TB addiction. I too have both an Aeronaut 45 and Tristar. But now you are telling me that I should use the TS on business, A45 on larger leisure, and an A30 on "smaller leisure". Hmmm... I think you might be right! Will have to ponder that one. Beautiful bag!!!
    kkintea likes this.

Beautiful bag, hmm maybe I should have picked that combo!...
    So jealous!
    Hope mine ships soon...

NICE!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited that perhaps (just perhaps?!) my new A30 will be in the order that is supposed to arrive this upcoming Monday! Thanks for posting, ldave1!! Let me add more exclamation points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0