Just received my Black/Steel Ego and Black/ Solar Co-pilot after a looong wait...well it was 5 days but it felt long enough!
1. The Ego is fantastic! The organisation possibilities are endless! Was worried that the Ego would be too small, but it is big enough to be a gym bag. It can absolutely fit a pair of running shoes and change of clothes, on top of my everyday carry. Makes me wonder, if the Ego is big, the Super Ego must be humongous!
2. The Absolute Strap is an absolute delight! The stretchy load-bearing part of the strap is less elastic than I thought which is a good thing! It means it definitely can handle heavy loads without being too bouncy and without losing any elasticity over the years. It feels like it's built to last.
3. Love the side water bottle pockets. Love the fact that there are straps on each side to cinch the pockets down when not in use. And 2 straps for that matter, so that it cinches down completely flat. Plus the pockets are a little stretchy so even if you forget to tighten the straps, your bottle won't fall out that easily.
4. Love the fact that the waist straps are removable. I don't cycle so I don't need an extra strap dangling around.
5. Love the pockets with the vertical zip. Great place to put my cellphone and be able to take it back out without opening the flap.
1. The co-pilot is smaller than I imagined. But don't let the dimunitive size fool you. It will fit all your EDC just fine.
2. You definitely need to get organiser pouches and extra keystraps with the Co-Pilot. Why didn't I get them with this order...sigh...Especially if you carry many small items in your EDC. I have eye drops, extra pair of daily contact lens, a lighter, candy, portable charger, and many other small items. All of these could have easily gone into a neat organiser pouch...if I had gotten them...
3. The 1050d ballistic nylon is built to last.
4. The zippers feel sturdy. It doesn't have a soft pull but not so hard that you have to yank on it. This is a plus point for me because it will mean it's harder for pickpockets. And the zippers for the front pocket start from the middle of the bag, meaning it has to make a 90 degree turn before you open the pocket fully. If it started at the other end, a pickpocket could just zip it upward and take something out. It will be harder to make the 90 degree turn without me feeling it. If this was an intended design feature to deter pickpockets, GENIUS!
5. The simple strap is no Absolute strap, but it is still very high quality. The padded part of the strap is nothing I've ever seen before. It's thick, with a good grippy side, and is perfect for the co-pilot. Sometimes on a crowded bus, I will slide my bag to the front of my body to let people pass behind me. The simple strap is grippy enough that the padded part stays on my shoulder while the rest of the bag moves forward. No need to readjust. Brilliant!
I am sure I have much more to add after using it for a couple of weeks. Much much more. My first thoughts were written when I haven't even taken the bag out the house, and I already know they are going to serve me well.