I'd like to share a little story of my adventures with the Smart Alec. I'm in India right now, here on a trip for business and pleasure. I carried my laptop and other accessories, a hard back book and a small bag of bathroom articles in it on my flight. Once here in India, I've been using it daily to carry my laptop, accessories, fruit and water to work. Did you know that the side pockets of the Smart Alec are great for holding 1 litre water bottles?

This past weekend, I traveled by flight and train in India. For the flight, there was a restriction going through security that you can only carry one carry on. I was carrying my Domke camera bag (which held my Canon SLR, a 24-70 f/2.8L lens, a flash, and other accessories). I was also carrying my Smart Alec with a change of clothes, some fruit, bathroom articles and other small stuff. The size was not in question, but quantity was. I was impressed that I was able to remove all of the stuff in my Smart Alec, place the Domke bag at the bottom of it, and then place all of the articles that were in my Smart Alec back into it at the top. Keep in mind that the Domke bag with all of that stuff is no small bag.

When I travelled further by train, I was glad that I could put the Domke bag in the Smart Alec because overnight travel by train in India is not very safe. You have to be cautious of where your bag is and people taking articles from your bag. Placing the Domke bag inside the Smart Alec made me feel more secure because it made it harder for someone to get at the camera equipment. Fortunately, no one messed with my stuff (at least, I was not aware of anyone messing with my stuff, and nothing went missing .

I am back at work and the Smart Alec continues to go with me to work.

Thank you all of providing such a versatile and comfortable bag.

maverick