Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: My new Aeronaut in Nordic

Quote Originally Posted by eWalker View Post
    For every $15 I invest (I see as investment! ) in TB products, I am punished with $10 in taxes!

That hurts!!
    Ouch! I thought it was bad enough paying 20% tax on top of overseas shipping...
    Collections:
    Work EDC: SE + S19 (summer); SE + SA (winter)
    Leisure: some combination of SE/SCB/MCB/Swift/LS/FJN/DLBC/Imago/SSB
    Travel: WF + Pilot/DLBP + SE/SCB or SA + SE/SCB
    General organisation: More pouches, stuff sacks and cubes than you can shake a keystrap at!
    Favourite TB colours: aubergine, forest (sniff!), linen, wasabi, UV
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini + Moleskine; a Linen Side Effect; the return of Portable Culture!

@eWalker, that's crazy! Where do you live?
    It is the same problem with technology, in some countries, which is so expensive because of import taxes. Seems like a bad approach to me, because people will, if they can manage it, take trips overseas to buy these things, or convince their friends or family to bring them on visits. Who wants to pay 150% or double for a computer or camera?
    ----
    Please bring back the Portable Culture patch!

Quote Originally Posted by bchaplin View Post
    @eWalker, that's crazy! Where do you live?
    It is the same problem with technology, in some countries, which is so expensive because of import taxes. Seems like a bad approach to me, because people will, if they can manage it, take trips overseas to buy these things, or convince their friends or family to bring them on visits. Who wants to pay 150% or double for a computer or camera?
    I live in Brazil! As I said in other thread, that's is the reason why Brazilians love travel shopping so much!

But I am hijacking a thread (again!) and Darcy is giving me a warning!

Sorry for that!

Sent from Samsung Note III using Tapatalk
    Orders are here! Unpacking A45, A30, NF20 & CP10! TB Crew rocks!!

Nice bag! Do you know if they had anymore of these in stock at the store? What day did you purchase this one?

Thanks!

[QUOTE=Ilkyway;66559]I took some photos of what I mean:

Attachment 6435
    Attachment 6436
    Attachment 6437

Hope this gives some ideas.

Great pics and awesome idea! Thanks IIkyway

Quote Originally Posted by icebeng View Post
    I have a small hunch about the placement of the pockets, but will need current owners to chime in as I'm not an Aeronaut owner.
    Question for Aeronaut owners who use it in backpack mode: do you guys sit down with the backpack on? And how do you usually set it down after taking it off? And what do you usually put in the zippered pocket? Would you still put it in the zippered pocket knowing it might have to bear the weight of the bag?
    You can sit down with Aeronaut in your back, but it does not leave much of a chair! You take it off just like a regular backpack. And I either lay it down or sit the Aeronaut up on it's long side, depending on how you have weighted the case, and space available. On the zippered side I usually have papers and a TB wallet, so I never worried how it sits. I have lovely Cardinal, and not dyneema, that may make a difference. The zippered pocket is not made to take bulky items, so that makes it easier as to what may fit inside. Hope that helps!
    Annie

Quote Originally Posted by Anniegill View Post
    You can sit down with Aeronaut in your back, but it does not leave much of a chair! You take it off just like a regular backpack. And I either lay it down or sit the Aeronaut up on it's long side, depending on how you have weighted the case, and space available. On the zippered side I usually have papers and a TB wallet, so I never worried how it sits. I have lovely Cardinal, and not dyneema, that may make a difference. The zippered pocket is not made to take bulky items, so that makes it easier as to what may fit inside. Hope that helps!
    Annie
    Lol! I definitely didn't have chairs in mind when I asked about sitting down with the Aeronaut on. Was more thinking about outdoor amphitheaters or steps.
    I would most probably set it down long side up as well, in my case, if the pocket were to be on the bottom, that's 1 place I wouldn't be placing my M&Ms bags, or any other candies or bars I might bring along.

Although I did crushed a bag of M&Ms accidentally before, I ended up eating the whole bag at once, since it was all mashed together and so technically, I was eating only ONE M&M.

Quote Originally Posted by chcougar View Post
    Nice bag! Do you know if they had anymore of these in stock at the store? What day did you purchase this one?

Thanks!
    I purchased this on the 22nd of May. I'm almost certain it was the last one made in the entire factory as the only one's they had were my nordic, a steel/steel dyneema, and 2 black ballistics that were hot off the press. I went back on the 30th and ended up purchasing a black dyneema co-pilot as my day-pack, they had one nordic/solar co-pilot and that was about it as far as nordic goes.
    eWalker likes this.

Lol! I definitely didn't have chairs in mind when I asked about sitting down with the Aeronaut on. Was more thinking about outdoor amphitheaters or steps.
    I would most probably set it down long side up as well, in my case, if the pocket were to be on the bottom, that's 1 place I wouldn't be placing my M&Ms bags, or any other candies or bars I might bring along.

Although I did crushed a bag of M&Ms accidentally before, I ended up eating the whole bag at once, since it was all mashed together and so technically, I was eating only ONE M&M.
    Hope they were dark chocolate M&M's! They are sooo good! I like your logic, makes sense to me!

They were! Best kind of M&Ms!

I do have an additional question here, when the Aeronaut is on your back, is it possible/easy to take stuff out, then place back, from the exposed lower pocket?

iceeng: you want one, you might even need one, just get one and be a happy Aeronauter. ;-)
    icebeng likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kollarc View Post
    I purchased this on the 22nd of May. I'm almost certain it was the last one made in the entire factory as the only one's they had were my nordic, a steel/steel dyneema, and 2 black ballistics that were hot off the press. I went back on the 30th and ended up purchasing a black dyneema co-pilot as my day-pack, they had one nordic/solar co-pilot and that was about it as far as nordic goes.
    Shoot. Sounds like my chances of getting this one are slim to none. I guess I will see what they have in stock later this week. I'm looking forward to getting a co pilot as well!

I do have an additional question here, when the Aeronaut is on your back, is it possible/easy to take stuff out, then place back, from the exposed lower pocket?
    Let me try it when I get home for you.

I'm just glad I got in there when I did; Travel season is in high gear and everyone is out prepping and grabbing gear for trips and other summer adventures. I do plan to stop in one more time before I leave (end of June) to browse any last-minute accessories and maybe catch a glimpse of the Aeronaut 30

You have to take the Aeronaut off to get to the lower pocket in backpack mode. You can however "get at" the top zippered side pocket by taking off Right backpack strap and accessing the pocket by sliding left strap down the arm.
    PS I got some chocolate M&M's at Target...and it's all your fault Icebeng!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0