Like Tree19Likes
  • 8 Post By K9TB
  • 7 Post By Moosezilla
  • 2 Post By hamiltee
  • 1 Post By Darcy
  • 1 Post By Walker

Thread: Small Double Zipper Organizer Pouch is Great Travel Wallet

Small Double Zipper Organizer Pouch is Great Travel Wallet

Used the double zipper organizer pouch as a travel wallet...worked great.

-I like having the bills separate from the coins.
    -I like having the coins easy to see, without even opening the wallet.
    -I like not having to fold the bills (why the official wallet doesn't work for me).

The following bills fit without folding:
    20 GB Pound note
    100 Euro note
    200 Danish Krone note

Note that bigger bills may need to be inserted carefully. Sort of like parallel-parking your money. The bills fit inside, but you may have to get them around the zipper pull, which takes up some of the "opening" real estate. But it wasn't a problem.

Made it easy to use up change. At one cafe, I pulled out my wallet to pay, and was trying to figure out if I had enough change to pay with, or if I needed to break a bill. My first time using Krone, so I was slow. The waitress points to the coins (which she of course can see) and says "You've got enough change" and very sweetly coached me through the payment process "Now two of the little silver ones..."

I will try this out. I take the dedicate organizer wallet as my bag-up with extra bills and a spare debit cared hidden for emergency. But as you I like to separate coins from bills and I dislike folding bills. It slows the payment process and as I worked at the cash-counter in a hardware store some 20 years ago I do know how stressful this job is when the line is long, the customers are in a hurry and someone takes what seems to be minutes to find the last coin in the deeps of his/her wallet.

I am not so sure if it will work in the long term though. We Europeans have to deal a lot with coins. I envy you Americans your 1 Dollar bill. And I have the fear, that this many coins will stress the clear compartment. But I will definitely try it out.

Ilkyway

By the way: what a nice waitress you had there.

I know what you mean about coins, Ilkyway - our largest is a two-pound coin, i.e. worth about $3!

I like to use a coin purse for cash, preferably one that opens wide enough to see the contents clearly, with a small external pocket to take (folded) notes. However I prefer not to carry much cash openly, so a double pouch sounds just the ticket for my backup stash of larger notes
    Collections:
    Work EDC: SE + S19 (summer); SE + SA (winter)
    Leisure: some combination of SE/SCB/MCB/Swift/LS/FJN/DLBC/Imago/SSB
    Travel: WF + Pilot/DLBP + SE/SCB or SA + SE/SCB
    General organisation: More pouches, stuff sacks and cubes than you can shake a keystrap at!
    Favourite TB colours: aubergine, forest (sniff!), linen, wasabi, UV
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini + Moleskine; a Linen Side Effect; the return of Portable Culture!

I just got my small double OP and I'm really impressed! The navy parapack is more gorgeous than I had anticipated! I decided to swap my small mesh navy ballistic OP out for the DOP to hold my bits and bobs for my iPad in the iPad Ristretto. In the front pocket I have the TB Ultra-suede cleaning cloth, an Apple lightening cord, and the SD Card to iPad adapter. In the back pocket, I stuffed in the power adapter and ear pods!

I think I'm gonna have to order more of these...

And here's a bonus shot of the difference between the navy parapack and ballistic materials!

What are the available colors for the small DOP? On the main accessories page I see the small navy and olive swatches, and on the DOP page the materials listed are parapack, ballistic, and cordura. What are the current color options for each? Darcy?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tachiyaku View Post
    What are the available colors for the small DOP? On the main accessories page I see the small navy and olive swatches, and on the DOP page the materials listed are parapack, ballistic, and cordura. What are the current color options for each? Darcy?
    Various 1000d and Parapack colors right now… so, Cayenne, Black, Steel, Linen, French Blue, Navy, Olive.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by Tachiyaku View Post
    See Darcy's posts #49 and #85 in Double Organizer Pouch .

"Did you see also that both sizes of Double Organizer Pouch will now be made in Parapack, 1000d Cordura, or 1050d ballistic nylon? So, more colors, more fabrics = woohoo!" (Post #49)

"No plans to add Dyneema at this time (not that Dyneema is going away or anything, we just don't plan to make the Double Organizer Pouch out of it)." (Post #85)

I just got my reply from TB on that same question (specifically for the colors kiwi, aubergine, plum, linen, or olive). Here's the reply I got from Beau:
    "Since we manufacture our Organzier Pouches from scrap/awkwardly-sized pieces of material, it's tough to say which colors will be in stock before they're through the productions process. Sorry that I can't be of more help, but I imagine at least a couple of your preferences will show up. My recommendation to you would be to contact us in a couple weeks when the Double Organizer Pouches are finished up, and we'll be happy to have a look at our stock for you."
    Darcy and backpack like this.

Thanks Darcy and Hamiltee!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hamiltee View Post
    I just got my reply from TB on that same question (specifically for the colors kiwi, aubergine, plum, linen, or olive). Here's the reply I got from Beau:
    "Since we manufacture our Organzier Pouches from scrap/awkwardly-sized pieces of material, it's tough to say which colors will be in stock before they're through the productions process. Sorry that I can't be of more help, but I imagine at least a couple of your preferences will show up. My recommendation to you would be to contact us in a couple weeks when the Double Organizer Pouches are finished up, and we'll be happy to have a look at our stock for you."
    Yeah, Beau's totally right on. I noted above some colors that I've seen around, but some of those colors… we might only have one or two pouches in those colors, and they might already be claimed for other orders. So, it's tough to promise exactly what specific colors we have on hand at any given time. That's why listing multiple color options/preferences/"absolutely do not give me these colors" info in the little box on the pouch page when you order them is so helpful.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by Moosezilla View Post

And here's a bonus shot of the difference between the navy parapack and ballistic materials!

Great photo @Moosezilla. I was very nicely surprised with the color of my navy parapack/iberian SE when it arrived. I previously requested swatches - the small sizes did not quite show how pretty the navy is. To my eye the navy parapack has lots of purple in it. I like it very much.