Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By Juliana
  • 1 Post By Leena
  • 1 Post By monkeylady

Thread: Aeronaut - first impressions!

Aeronaut - first impressions!

I received my forest/steel Aeronaut with backpack straps a couple days ago (and may have screeched a little as I opened the box). The forest ballistic was unexpectedly vibrant. I have a tiny organizer pouch in forest, and it always seemed a bit more muted to me, possibly because of its size. I expected something like the picture of the Aeronaut on the front page, which I guess is probably what it would look like in lower lighting. I would have been totally fine with that. But this? This is gorgeous!

I know a lot of people say that the Aeronaut looks small to them until they try packing it. Speaking as someone who's 4'11" -- it's huge, but I think it's shorter than a typical duffel bag. I've only tried wearing it empty but it doesn't go too far down my back. I used a giant Northface backpack throughout high school and college, and though the Aeronaut is obviously wider all around, I think the Northface backpack is even a bit longer.

The handles! I love all the handles on this bag. There's one on either end, and the main ones have this wraparound thing seems really sturdy and comfortable.

The zippers are a little hard to zip, but the Aeronaut came with zipper pulls, and I haven't had time to put them on yet. I imagine they'd probably help a lot.
    Medium Cafe Bag (black/wasabi), Synapse 19 (black/steel), Small Cafe Bag (cocoa/wasabi), Field Journal Notebook (black) <3

Quote Originally Posted by Juliana View Post
    The zippers are a little hard to zip, but the Aeronaut came with zipper pulls, and I haven't had time to put them on yet. I imagine they'd probably help a lot.
    There are great video tutorials on how to put on the pulls depending which ones you're using: here and here

I hope you enjoy using this bag as much as I have. Running through airports and train stations in Europe I barely noticed it on my back. As long as I am able , no wheels for me!

My husband and I decided to go light for our upcoming trip to Europe. I ordered 1 aeronaut along with quite a few other bags from other companies. After trying all the other bags, we decided to go with 2 aeronauts. I am a bit nervous because we are both overpackers and this will be a change. I also ordered a Synapse to use as a day pack and "just in case" we buy too much stuff on our trip
    moriond likes this.

Dear Leena, If you're a heavy packer and want to go lighter, feel free to post your tentative packing list. Light-packing Forum members who've travelled to Europe can offer advice on how to downsize. I'm in the middle of this process myself.....
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0