Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By Juliana
  • 1 Post By Leena
  • 1 Post By monkeylady

Thread: Aeronaut - first impressions!

Aeronaut - first impressions!

I received my forest/steel Aeronaut with backpack straps a couple days ago (and may have screeched a little as I opened the box). The forest ballistic was unexpectedly vibrant. I have a tiny organizer pouch in forest, and it always seemed a bit more muted to me, possibly because of its size. I expected something like the picture of the Aeronaut on the front page, which I guess is probably what it would look like in lower lighting. I would have been totally fine with that. But this? This is gorgeous!

I know a lot of people say that the Aeronaut looks small to them until they try packing it. Speaking as someone who's 4'11" -- it's huge, but I think it's shorter than a typical duffel bag. I've only tried wearing it empty but it doesn't go too far down my back. I used a giant Northface backpack throughout high school and college, and though the Aeronaut is obviously wider all around, I think the Northface backpack is even a bit longer.

The handles! I love all the handles on this bag. There's one on either end, and the main ones have this wraparound thing seems really sturdy and comfortable.

The zippers are a little hard to zip, but the Aeronaut came with zipper pulls, and I haven't had time to put them on yet. I imagine they'd probably help a lot.
    Medium Cafe Bag (black/wasabi), Synapse 19 (black/steel), Small Cafe Bag (cocoa/wasabi)
    Co-Pilot (black/iberian), Side Effect (aubergine/wasabi), Swift (forest/forest/wasabi) <3

Quote Originally Posted by Juliana View Post
    The zippers are a little hard to zip, but the Aeronaut came with zipper pulls, and I haven't had time to put them on yet. I imagine they'd probably help a lot.
    There are great video tutorials on how to put on the pulls depending which ones you're using: here and here

I hope you enjoy using this bag as much as I have. Running through airports and train stations in Europe I barely noticed it on my back. As long as I am able , no wheels for me!

My husband and I decided to go light for our upcoming trip to Europe. I ordered 1 aeronaut along with quite a few other bags from other companies. After trying all the other bags, we decided to go with 2 aeronauts. I am a bit nervous because we are both overpackers and this will be a change. I also ordered a Synapse to use as a day pack and "just in case" we buy too much stuff on our trip
    moriond likes this.

Dear Leena, If you're a heavy packer and want to go lighter, feel free to post your tentative packing list. Light-packing Forum members who've travelled to Europe can offer advice on how to downsize. I'm in the middle of this process myself.....
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Back with an update! I used the Aeronaut for a seven-night trip a couple months back. Everything fit (and I'm not a particulary light packer), but since I'm just under 5 feet tall, it did get a little painful to carry after a while. (My friends also commented on how I seemed even tinier when wearing the Aeronaut.) The nice part was getting onto the plane a little late, but still being able to squeeze my bag into the overhead compartment. Overall, I do really like the design and the color and especially the packing cubes, but I don't know if I'll keep it.
    Medium Cafe Bag (black/wasabi), Synapse 19 (black/steel), Small Cafe Bag (cocoa/wasabi)
    Co-Pilot (black/iberian), Side Effect (aubergine/wasabi), Swift (forest/forest/wasabi) <3

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Juliana View Post
    Back with an update! I used the Aeronaut for a seven-night trip a couple months back. Everything fit (and I'm not a particulary light packer), but since I'm just under 5 feet tall, it did get a little painful to carry after a while. (My friends also commented on how I seemed even tinier when wearing the Aeronaut.) The nice part was getting onto the plane a little late, but still being able to squeeze my bag into the overhead compartment. Overall, I do really like the design and the color and especially the packing cubes, but I don't know if I'll keep it.
    If you want to cut down a bit on what you carry, consider the Aeronaut 30.
    as discussed, for example, in @Badger's It's official: I am in love with the Aeronaut 30 thread. @itsablur made a very good video review comparing the Aeronaut 30 to the Aeronaut 45 in the thread, A Tale of Two Aeronauts (or my Video Review of the A30, compared to the A45)

HTH moriond

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0