Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By sturbridge
  • 1 Post By Ilkyway

Thread: My first bag just arrived! A Little Swift!

My first bag just arrived! A Little Swift!

The brown Santa (aka UPS guy) just dropped off my Black Dyneema Little Swift. Love it, although its smaller than I had envisioned. Its only slightly larger than my current purse, and not "tote bag" sized -- which of course is not a problem because that means I'll have an excuse to buy a full size Swift later in the year. This size is probably a good forcing function- I tend to bring along everything I can think of that I /might/ use and this will mean I'll have to be a little more judicious, which will be better for my shoulders.

I have a shop bag and a 3d dyneema organizer that I intend to use as a mini purse on order. The shop bag can hold my overflow for now.

The stuff sack that came with it is holding my Klean Kanteen insulated bottle (so it won't rattle around). Love the contrast of the red Iberian with the black dyneema. I had planned to attach the organizer pockets inside to the o-rings so that things wouldn't fall out, but its a pretty snug fit for everything, so I likely won't need to. Happy with this purchase.

Nice! I just added a Swift to my wish list - I don't really need one, as I have a funky cotton beach tote* that I use as my knitting bag, but yanno...

* shocking pink, with my own appliqué shisha work - gloriously OTT
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    forest/cork/linen + steel/olive (Imago, Pilot, SCB, COW, QK, OPs)
    olive/plum + steel/UV/wasabi (S19, SE, MCB, TSSs, SSBs, YSSs, OPs)
    black/steel + iberian (SE, SCB, FJN, TSSs, YSSs)
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

Hi bro! Just think to buy that one, could you please give me some link or something else where I can order it around the world?

Quote Originally Posted by scribe View Post
    Nice! I just added a Swift to my wish list - I don't really need one, as I have a funky cotton beach tote* that I use as my knitting bag, but yanno...

* shocking pink, with my own appliqué shisha work - gloriously OTT
    I didn't need a Swift either, until I ordered it and held it in my hands. You will absolutely love that bag! I've had mine for about a year now, and each time I use it, I like it more and more!

I'm dithering now over colour options - forest/wasabi or aubergine/wasabi? I don't have anything in forest and it would make a subtle change from all my olive bags. OTOH I have a pocket pouch in aubergine/wasabi (in my olive/UV SE) and the colour contrast is gorgeous - I worry that forest/wasabi is a bit "one note" by comparison.

Oh, and kiwi/UV sounds a touch too vivid for my tastes - I'm more into the muted colours with brights for highlights.

Aarrgh!
    Collections:
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

@scribe I can recommend aubergine Wasabi it is very classy with a bit of cheery and non conventional when the Wasabi peeks out. My little swift is in this color and it is a gorgeous combination.

That's definitely the way I'm leaning - especially as I would then have an excuse to get an aubergine/wasabi SE to go with it
    Collections:

That SE is my daily companion. And in my opinion the aubergine is the color that looks best with the black straps etc. I am not a big fan of black I have to ad here, but with the aubergine it works great.

Edit: had to correct the auto-correct from this stupid phone. It thinks it knows better than me but it is not always correct.
    Last edited by Ilkyway; 04-10-2014 at 11:57 AM.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0