Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By Tachiyaku
  • 1 Post By moriond

Thread: Synapse 25 and Cache with Rails review

Synapse 25 and Cache with Rails review

I know most people sing the praises of the cache with rails system for its ease and practicality during travel, but even for those who don't travel often I would still highly recommend the system as a matter of comfort.

When I first purchased my synapse 25, I decided to forgo the cache with rails option as I already own a bunch of good laptop sleeves for my 13" MacBook Air. After some use though, I noticed that if the bag is fully loaded, the laptop juts out in awkward places and digs into my back, making for a uncomfortable carry. The fine folks in the forum suggested that the cache with rails system would help with that, and they were totally right. Because the laptop is suspended in the bad and doesn't slide to the bottom, it always lays flat against your back no matter how much you pack in. No more uncomfortable back poking! A very worthwhile investment to make the most out of an already awesome pack.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Volunteer Moderator
    Just a note to say that for users of the 13" MacBook models who have the Synapse 25, I think the Cache with rails makes carrying the laptop and using the backpack more comfortable, but with the Synapse 19 I find using the cache, whether or not it has rails, works equally fine for me as far as carrying comfort goes. See my detailed comments about carrying 13" MacBook models in both size Synapses in response to @Tachiyaku's questions.

moriond

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0