Like Tree13Likes
  • 5 Post By Vecturist
  • 1 Post By scribe
  • 7 Post By Vecturist

Thread: Synapse 19 - inaugural voyage

Synapse 19 - inaugural voyage

After much deliberation (re: should I spend a lot of money on a backpack vs. it's an investment) I bought a S19. For someone who is 5', it fits me perfectly (and I'm kicking myself for all the time I spent on Zappos and REI looking at bags and trying them on). Anyhow, it's coming with me to London as my personal bag and I haven't even left the airport yet and it's generating compliments already! (I've gotten several "Oh, you're so organized as I've had to get various things out).

I have to say that the bottom pocket plus a 3D clear organizer cube on a strap is absolute genius.

My conifer Synapse was my Tom Bihn gateway drug, bag rather. I'm going on 2 years with it and still love it. I love how you can find a place for everything in it. Happy travels! and greetings from a fellow shorty.

I LOVE the S19 too! I have the same set up in the bottom pocket.

Welcome to England! Sorry about the horrible air pollution at the moment - it's not us, it's the Sahara (and factories in continental Europe)

My S19 sees daily use, at least on weekdays, as it's my office EDC. I think my favourite features are the two side pockets, which give easy access to (on the left) a couple of notebooks for jotting down shopping lists, story ideas or anything else I need to remember and (on the right) a choice of sunglasses or folding umbrella, depending on the highly changeable British weather!
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, CP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    forest/cork/linen + steel/olive (Imago, Pilot, SCB, COW, QK, OPs)
    olive/plum + steel/UV/wasabi (S19, SE, MCB, TSSs, SSBs, YSSs, LSS, 3DOCs, OPs)
    black/steel + iberian (S25, DLBP, SE, SCB, FJN, TSSs, YSSs, 3DFOC)
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

A couple quick iphone pics from my trip - wanted to take more but crowds and weather were not too cooperative.

All packed and ready to go with my S19:
    Name:  IMG_0009.jpg
Views: 705
Size:  54.9 KB

Waiting in LAX for the Air New Zealand lounge to open
    Name:  IMG_0010.jpg
Views: 714
Size:  66.3 KB
    At my seat for the flight from LAX to LHR - unfortunately my S19 did not fit under the footstool, so I had to put it up in the overhead bin for parts of the flight.

Name:  IMG_0024.jpg
Views: 716
Size:  60.8 KB
    Staying in the Yotel (hotel inside Heathrow before my early morning flight). Glad I packed light - This pic is taken from the bathroom - when the bed is down you have less than a foor between the bed and the wall - there is a small cubby under the bed though for storage.

Name:  IMG_0066.jpg
Views: 714
Size:  53.4 KB

Volunteer Moderator
    @Vecturist It was really interesting to see your pictures of the Yotel room at Heathrow. I've never stayed at one, but there was some discussion in the forums about these new types of hotel rooms when the first Yotels opened up at Gatwick and then at Heathrow. See this old post for links to articles and pictures covering the Yotels at that time.

moriond

@morlond - Interesting. One of my friends I was traveling with had stayed in one before and recommended it. I am glad I followed her suggestion and got a larger room (you can get a smaller one with a twin bed). I took a few more pictures to show friends - the rooms really are compact but well laid out (you have a chair and desk you can set up, plus cubicles to charge all your electronics - and there's wifi). The yotel was great since I was coming in from a long day of playing tourist in London and had a fairly early morning flight. I had initially planned to spend that night in London, but realized even with the Heathrow express I might be cutting things close. With the yotel you take a connector train to the main terminals.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0