Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Introduction Letter to my Pilot

Introduction Letter to my Pilot

Dear soon-to-arrive Black/Steel Pilot,

Hi. How's it going? Are you enjoying your trip across the country in a UPS box? I didn't think so. But hey, soon you will be at my house and we can go all sorts of places together.

I know you'll be eager to go out and see the world, so I thought we'd start by packing some of my daily carry items in you to see how they fit. I carry a Side Effect as my PLO, which has my phone and wallet and a little notebook and some lip balm. I carry a Snake Charmer full of diaper-change essentials. I also carry my knitting in a Yarn Stuff Sack, some Flip & Tumble shopping bags, and a Size 2 Travel Stuff Sack with snacks/bribes for my kids. I also typically carry a few toy cars and Playmobil people. You just never know when you'll need to make zoomy noises or pretend to be a fireman.

And your packing cubes! We have to see how many pairs of undies I can fit in them.

Now, on Saturday I have to go to IKEA and I plan to take my Synapse 25. Don't worry about that. It was a prearranged date. You'll come with me to work on Monday and we'll see how well my laptop fits in your larger compartment. I travel with my MBA 13. I have a business trip planned for the beginning of April and you'll be my personal carry-on. Then in July I have another business trip that we're rolling into a family vacation. That's going to be interesting. I think I'll need to bring you then, too, to carry my stuff around at the conference, but you will probably pull double-duty and carry vacation stuff on the plane.

But these trips make up just a small amount of my adventures. We'll have to see how you fit on my bike! You'll really get to see a lot of my city that way.

How do you feel about customization? I've been looking these zipper pull mod ideas and wondering if we should give that a try. I picked you because I thought that Black/Steel would be a good stealthy color combo for conferences and business use. I have no qualms about jazzing up your zippers, though. You know...flair.

That's all for now. See you Friday!

Janine
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Janine,

Very nice indeed. But, I think you may need help, if it isn't too late already!!
    Janine likes this.

Don't we all?

Let us know when you get a reply!!

Dear "delivery exception" Black/Steel Pilot,

Calm down. It's okay. I'm just as upset as you are about this "late trailer arrival" message from UPS. They didn't actually say your delivery would be delayed. They said they would deliver you as soon as possible. Maybe you'll still be on time!

Don't worry. I know it's not your fault. You aren't *that* kind of bag.

See you soon,
    Janine
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    Dear "delivery exception" Black/Steel Pilot,

Calm down. It's okay. I'm just as upset as you are about this "late trailer arrival" message from UPS. They didn't actually say your delivery would be delayed. They said they would deliver you as soon as possible. Maybe you'll still be on time!

Don't worry. I know it's not your fault. You aren't *that* kind of bag.

See you soon,
    Janine
    My recent, but already beloved, Copilot arrived in Minnesota (where I live) then hopped ship all the way east to New Jersey. Oops. It was only 6 days late after that detour! I would like to say that didn't try my patience, but that would be a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocks View Post
    My recent, but already beloved, Copilot arrived in Minnesota (where I live) then hopped ship all the way east to New Jersey. Oops. It was only 6 days late after that detour! I would like to say that didn't try my patience, but that would be a lie.
    That's crazy! Did UPS offer any explanation?

Dear still-on-time Black/Steel Pilot,

Deep breath, buddy. I'll see you tomorrow.

Janine
    dorayme likes this.

That's crazy! Did UPS offer any explanation?
    Not really. It got scanned in Minnesota, went AWOL for about three days (no tracking updates), then it turned up in New Jersey and finally came back to Minnesota. Went for a little joyride!
    Enjoy your Pilot! Black and steel is a really cool color combo. Kinda flies under the radar stealth like.

I work for UPS now. My only explanation would be a weather delay or a miss-sort or maybe even a combination of both. That happens sometimes.
    Janine and Rocks like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocks View Post
    Black and steel is a really cool color combo. Kinda flies under the radar stealth like.
    It is, indeed! I have a Black/Steel Smart Alec and it is quite stealthy. I'm pretty sure it gives me secret ninja powers.

It is, indeed! I have a Black/Steel Smart Alec and it is quite stealthy. I'm pretty sure it gives me secret ninja powers.
    I imbued it with those powers. You are welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dear finally-here Black/Steel Pilot,

I'm sorry we didn't have more time to hang out when you arrived. UPS delivered you right before mealtime, and I only had time to peek at you before the kids came thundering in from outside and the whole show-Mom-the-rocks-I-collected, tattling-on-brother, hand-washing, pottying, diaper-changing, shoe-removing, dinner-eating circus began. Don't judge us too harshly for the crazy that is our weekday evenings. You get used to it. Or at least you learn how to tune it out.

I think I love you. Your size is perfect. Your Black/Steel color combo is classy. Your packing cubes are going to be so handy. You can easily carry letter-size paper and notebooks. If I wasn't so stinking tired right now, we'd test pack you with my daily carry items and see how well everything fits.

Would it be okay if I filled you up with stuffed animals and used you as a pillow tonight? I don't think my husband would mind.

Affectionately yours,
    Janine

Your size is perfect.
    This.

You can easily carry letter-size paper and notebooks.
    And this.

I don't have packing cubes with mine though and can't imagine that I would need them.
    All about the small organizer pouches though!

Dear jealous Smart Alec,

This is not a nice way to welcome your new sibling!

Name:  13062718023_0d9899c447_d.jpg
Views: 592
Size:  74.0 KB

Sternly,
    Janine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast