Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Like Tree6Likes
  • 6 Post By Trailhiker

Thread: Guides Pack out in the wild

Guides Pack out in the wild

Here are some photos of my Guide's Pack out in the wild.
    I'll be adding more shots wearing the pack, the Lead's pocket alone in relation to some other bags,
    as well as my thoughts of using it this evening.

cheers,
    Trailhiker
    Attached Images Attached Images        
    Last edited by Trailhiker; 11-22-2013 at 11:38 AM.

Thanks for posting those! It looks like the side pockets/lead pockets really add a decent amount of extra volume, much like the lower modular pocket does for the Smart Alec. I'm probably not in the market for this pack, but I look forward to your thoughts on its performance

Oh, and the color coordination with what I assume is a sleeved hydration tube is pretty good!

Volunteer Moderator
    Great pics, Trailhiker! Question: everyone has said that the olive 420d HT Nylon Parapack looks darker in person than in the pictures. I assume that's partly because of the sheen of the surface -- which also makes some of the 400d Dyneema fabrics look lighter in pictures. Does the olive on this pack also look darker in person than in these pictures? I'll look forward to reading your comments on the Lead's pocket accessories.

That is a really nice green!

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Does the olive on this pack also look darker in person than in these pictures?
    FWIW, I just received an order of some other stuff earlier this week, and I requested a few swatches of the new Parapack 420d, in Steel and Olive. Under normal lighting condsitions, my Olive swatch appears considerably darker than the version of Olive in Trailhiker's pics, even taking into account the vagaries and vicissitudes of different computer monitors...

Now, these parapack swatches have a remarkable shimmer to them. The cold sun is shining brightly here in Portland this crisp afternoon; if I move the swatch in and out of the glare, it changes dramatically, and comes to resemble closely the vibrant light olive in the pics. Gorgeous!

Questions pop into my mind...

Would you go on a hike in a light rain, carrying the Guide's Pack with you and setting it down on the moist ground? Has anyone tried putting a rain shield over one of these Tom Bihn backpacks?

Do you carry any photographic equipment and/or camcorders in a Guide's Pack? If so, what do you wrap/enclose the sensitive equipment in to protect it?

What other items do you carry in your pack?
    Owner of: Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0