Like Tree8Likes
  • 8 Post By Tlacltme

Thread: Initial Impressions of Updated Large Cafe Bag

Initial Impressions of Updated Large Cafe Bag

UPS delivered a Large Cafe Bag in the new Olive parapack material and lined with Wasabi dyneema to me today Happy happy day!

My initial impression: Wow.

Tom Bihn and crew have done it again!

And I have several other cordura LCBs in bright, fun colors- which I still dearly love and use.

The olive is darker than it appears on the website and it has a beautiful sheen that is difficult to capture on film. I love it.

I also received samples of the 4 new parapack colors. Yum. The Navy is my favorite (go figure, I know, as I am apparently a Navy Girl), the Olive is a close second. I was also surprised by how much I liked the steel, as I'm not normally a fan of steel cordura or ballistic nylon (I mean, it's beautiful and I admire it and all that but with other colors it tends to be one of my last choices).

If- when?- they make the Cafe bags in Navy parapack with Iberian lining, I will probably buy one in each size. Just sayin

In the meantime, I'm rockin my lovely new Olive LCB! Love it!

Are the pockets in the same place? Are there extra O-rings?

I have a nice collection of Large Cafe Bags in Cordura, as well, any difference you could point out would be greatly appreciated!

I also ordered an Olive Parapack LCB and was surprised by how much I like the color, especially with the Wasabi Dyneema interior. It is my only LCB (so far ) so I cannot tell you what the differences are, backpack. There is a zippered pocket with 1 o-ring. The interior has 3 o-rings, 2 pen slots, and 3 pockets of slightly differing sizes. And there is the back pocket that I really wish had an o-ring so I could clip my Medium Clear Organizer Pouch with travel documents and know that it will not accidentally slip out.
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0