Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By Trailhiker

Thread: Initial impressions after just receiving my Guides Pack!

Initial impressions after just receiving my Guides Pack!

Initial impressions after just receiving my Guides Pack,

There is a lot of beautiful architecture to the Guide's Pack and the Lead's Pockets, giving yourself time to allow it to wash over yourself as you sort thru and absorb it. (I ordered an olive Guides Pack and 3 Leads Pockets) It's like moving into a large home, in light of this I have decided to venture into a "smaller room" first and tender my first impressions of the Leads Pocket by itself,

Guides pockets - think of a larger padded Side Effect on steroids.
    (Beautifully crafted and worth the price)

I have my pockets divided into 3 categories,
    The left Lead's pocket is my first aid/trauma & hygiene kit.
    The right Lead's pocket are for my maps, headlamp, flashlight, backup power for iPhone, knife, etc.
    The third one will be for my drawing and watercolor supplies.

Fitting the Lead Pockets onto the pack with the annex clips is easy once u get the hang of it. You could point them in one direction or have them face each other. After speaking to Trevor about this he informed me that having them face each other would make it more secure onto the pack and its only a wee bit more difficult to finagle the clips to attach to the pack.

First thing I did was snip off all the zipper pulls and pulled through the supplied paracord shorts.
    (It's easier to do this before you attach the pockets to the pack)

The direction in which the Pockets face,
    The classic direction would be to face them outward with the spine of the pocket as the same side as your back. (as in the video)
    But, (also after a conversation with Trevor) if u are sloshing around in the snow and go to put your pack down you are going to lay down on the packs face (side with the label) you'll want them facing the other way.

-------------------------------------------------------

Lead Pockets within other Tom Bihn packs, (that I have)

Brain Bag,
    Guess what? The Lead pocket annex clips fits wonderfully into the webbed loops in either section. Upper inner pocket storage here we come!

Synapse 25,
    The Lead Pocket fits into the lower section.

Synapse 19,
    Fits vertically into the inner pocket of the main section.

Copilot
    Fits into the main section horizontally.

Ristretto for ipad
    Fits into the main section vertically.
    -----------------------------------------------------

I have much more to say, but now I'm about to pack it up and take it for its maiden voyage on a 5 mile hike.
    I'll be back tomorrow (with pics)
    :-) :-)) :-)))

Cheers.
    Last edited by Trailhiker; 11-20-2013 at 01:29 PM.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trailhiker View Post
    I have much more to say, but now I'm about to pack it up and take it for its maiden voyage on a 5 mile hike.
    I'll be back tomorrow (with pics)
    :-) :-)) :-)))
    Can't wait!
    U.S. / Canada 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries: +1-206-652-4123
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Thanks for trying it in the Brain Bag! An extra level of organization in the main sections using the lead pockets would be great! I was just looking for an excuse to place another order...

Quote Originally Posted by Radio bug View Post
    Thanks for trying it in the Brain Bag! An extra level of organization in the main sections using the lead pockets would be great! I was just looking for an excuse to place another order...
    Ill b posting pics later this evening.
    ;-)

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0