Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: 3D Cubes in Clear, Dyneema, and new Parapack; And, a Comparative Study

So, is the order of most resistant to pet hair to most attractive to pet hair dyneema - parapack - ballistic - cordura?

I've got a couple of golden retrievers who want to know. BTW, yellow-dog lovers, if you are not into dyneema then Linen Cordura is your friend.
    eWalker likes this.

It's definitely dyneema, ballistic, cordura... not sure if the parapack would come before or after the ballistic and can't test it as I don't yet own anything made from that material - but looking at earlier posts on this thread I'd be tempted to say parapack is slightly more attractive to pet fur than ballistic. Neither dyneema nor ballistic seem, in my extensive experience, to collect pet hair more or less at all... as my 3 Golden Retrievers, little black Scottie and yellow Staffordshire Bull Terrier/Whippet lurcher (and the double figures tribe of cats!) will testify.
    Last edited by PaulT00; 11-20-2013 at 05:36 AM.
    eWalker likes this.
    A45 crimson/steel; TS navy/solar; S19 nordic/steel; P nordic/solar; CP black/steel; SE wasabi; CQPC iberian, solar; Ri aubergine/steel; 3DCC cardinal; TSS4 wasabi; K cardinal; TT solar,nordic,black; CC cardinal/steel; PCBP solar; PP navy; + packing cubes galore!

Badger, why o why did I think of you when I saw this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBWmTh9WlYYhttp://

N.B. I note the lack of an abstract for your post. ;-)
    eWalker likes this.

Totally linking to this. Nicely done Badger!
    eWalker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulT00 View Post
    It's definitely dyneema, ballistic, cordura... not sure if the parapack would come before or after the ballistic and can't test it as I don't yet own anything made from that material - but looking at earlier posts on this thread I'd be tempted to say parapack is slightly more attractive to pet fur than ballistic. Neither dyneema nor ballistic seem, in my extensive experience, to collect pet hair more or less at all... as my 3 Golden Retrievers, little black Scottie and yellow Staffordshire Bull Terrier/Whippet lurcher (and the double figures tribe of cats!) will testify.
    Yah i am really wondering between the cordura and the parapack lol

Quote Originally Posted by TavaPeak View Post

N.B. I note the lack of an abstract for your post. ;-)
    IT WAS FRIDAY!!!

PS: thanks for the Goro vid; I've been watching them for years. Corgis AND Japan. Awesome.
    eWalker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rydude87 View Post
    Yah i am really wondering between the cordura and the parapack lol
    Cordura still takes the cake for attracting the most hair, I think. The parapack dusts off much more easily, in my limited experience.
    eWalker likes this.

Volunteer Moderator
    Loved today's blog post on the Fur Test. What I want to know is where we can get the Dyneema mitts!?
    Darcy and eWalker like this.

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Loved today's blog post on the Fur Test. What I want to know is where we can get the Dyneema mitts!?
    It certainly does make one long for Tom Bihn pot-holders. Or should I say Skookum Dog grooming-mitts...
    Darcy and eWalker like this.

OMG this test was funny. I laughed out loud at your test subject's indignation. And kept giggling all the way through your post. I hope to do a follow up report using my test subject who is willing to do anything for a sweet potato dog treat. As soon as TB crew gets my first parapack order to me, I will report back.

Do you like both fabrics equally? isn't parapack softer so things are less likely to have structure but will be light. I never like cordura but it is all there was for so many years in soft sided sporting and luggage gear.

Keep up the good work. Consider a career in comedy writing. You have the knack.

the proposed test subject for the follow up: My long haired (called "wooly") Siberian Husky girl dog. Nine inch white fur, now THAT is going to be a test:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by meekasmom; 06-23-2014 at 09:11 PM.

dyneema is a wonderful thing. tried a yarn stuff sack on her and NADA, nothing, rien de tout, no hair picked up. YES! This shop bag has become the dog walking bag:

Name:  meeka's TB dog bag.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  1,006.6 KB

Dear Professor Badger,

May I please join your lab this Fall? While I have only done research with humans, I love both dogs and Tom Bihn products so I think it would be a very good fit. My vita will be forthcoming if you have openings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    moriond and haraya like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokilani View Post
    Dear Professor Badger,

May I please join your lab this Fall? While I have only done research with humans, I love both dogs and Tom Bihn products so I think it would be a very good fit. My vita will be forthcoming if you have openings.

I see you are in Wisconsin! If you're in the MKE Co area you are welcome to come and meet The Subject whenever you like! Oh, I have a few TB bags if you want to see those, too...

haraya likes this.

I am curious whether anyone has attempted to reproduce these results with feline test subjects?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0