Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Proctor
  • 1 Post By fernando

Thread: Large clear pouch is not working for me.

Large clear pouch is not working for me.

I just received in the mail a beautiful Synapse 25. To go with it, I ordered the large clear organizer pouch to use as a vessel to put traveling papers in. I find that the large pouch is very flimsy and putting papers (8.5 X11) in causes them to wrinkle in the pouch. I do not want to return the pouch because it could be useful for something else. I still want to use it with the S25. How can I make this organizer pouch sturdier for putting papers in? I was thinking of cutting a piece of cardboard and keeping it in the pouch to make it firmer. Does anyone want to weigh in?

P.S. this is my first post and I'm new to this forum. I do own the co-pilot which I have had for about 2 years (with small pouches) and own the small shop bag in yellow dyneema. I adore my co-pilot and shop bag!
    Last edited by MelissaL; 10-21-2013 at 09:42 AM.

I put my papers in a manila folder and then in the pouch. Haven't had any problems with wrinkling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    I put my papers in a manila folder and then in the pouch. Haven't had any problems with wrinkling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Kind of defeats the purpose of what I wanted though. I might return. Actually I was thinking that the large pouch is soft enough to be used as some kind of packing cube for clothes of some sort.

Thin plastic sheets repurposed from clothing folders or occasionally in the 0.99 reusable shopping bags might work.

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaL View Post
    Kind of defeats the purpose of what I wanted though. I might return. Actually I was thinking that the large pouch is soft enough to be used as some kind of packing cube for clothes of some sort.
    I fail to understand how a manila folder is different than a piece of cardboard. If easy access is the issue, just put the papers in front of the folder, and any papers that have served their purpose can then go inside of it, which will help keep things organized. The Large pouches can hold a great deal, but they work best with flat, rectilinear items. For clothes you'd do better with something with gussets, at a minimum.

For travel, I tend to use the Medium clear pouch. I fold documents in half, and they fit in tidily with no wrinkling and do not require cardboard or manila folders or plastic sheets.

Plastic binder pockets ensure that paper stay nice and smooth and give the Large Pouch a way to organize paper or use the pages to make a book with the help of page protectors and fasteners.

They are wonderful for conferences and meetings.
    Last edited by backpack; 10-21-2013 at 04:13 PM.

I use my large pouch for papers etc in my Ego but it's generally placed against the brain cell (6z) so it is kept flat - I can see that in a backpack it may flex and crinkle the papers even in a Manila folder. A piece of stiff card or that craft board with the cells to keep it rigid (it must have a name) might help.

If you are carrying a computer in a cache it would help ---- unless it's small of course ....
    List under construction ....

JLE
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post

For travel, I tend to use the Medium clear pouch. I fold documents in half, and they fit in tidily with no wrinkling and do not require cardboard or manila folders or plastic sheets.
    I do this too. It works really well.

How can I make this organizer pouch sturdier for putting papers in? I was thinking of cutting a piece of cardboard and keeping it in the pouch to make it firmer. Does anyone want to weigh in?
    I ran into the same problem, and while at fedex/kinkos saw a "Low Profile Clipboard", I happen to have the pouch with me, and it was a perfect fit, the papers no longer bend and I obviously now have the added bonus of having a clipboard to right on and it has measurements on the side . The pics got rotated when I posted them for some reason...sorry.

Clipboard on top of pouch

Name:  photo 1.JPG
Views: 585
Size:  147.1 KB

Clipboard inside pouch

Name:  photo 2.JPG
Views: 578
Size:  140.5 KB

A stiff backed legal pad would provide stiffening and also extra paper for notes.

I'm not sure I understand the purpose then. The first issue was it was too flimsy but a folder would defeat the purpose? What purpose? So you can see the papers? If so, then just use the folder for the backing and put the paper in front of it. Only other idea I can think of is cords and such but it is probably too big for that.
    Owner of : Imago, Aeronaut, Brain Bag, Smart Alec, Synapse, Co-Pilot

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0