Like Tree12Likes
  • 2 Post By barefoot
  • 5 Post By Darcy
  • 3 Post By RhoFro
  • 2 Post By moriond

Thread: Waited too long to get a shop bag

Waited too long to get a shop bag

I had wanted to get one for a long time but I kept putting it further down my wish list, opting for other TB items first. I have about twenty reusable shopping bags that I have acquired over the years and I just couldn't justify getting one more. However, my large solar shop bag is leaps and bounds better than any other shop bag I have used. It holds soooo much and is very easy to load. I love to bag my own stuff ( mostly because too often I get home with my bananas smashed on the bottom ) but when I do have to hand over my bag, the packer usually is amazed at how big and easy it is to load. My next order will include at least one more large shop bag ( ultraviolet ).
    Darcy and dorayme like this.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by barefoot View Post
    I had wanted to get one for a long time but I kept putting it further down my wish list, opting for other TB items first. I have about twenty reusable shopping bags that I have acquired over the years and I just couldn't justify getting one more. However, my large solar shop bag is leaps and bounds better than any other shop bag I have used. It holds soooo much and is very easy to load. I love to bag my own stuff ( mostly because too often I get home with my bananas smashed on the bottom ) but when I do have to hand over my bag, the packer usually is amazed at how big and easy it is to load. My next order will include at least one more large shop bag ( ultraviolet ).
    I've lost count of how many Shop Bags I have. Here's my Large in Black Dyneema/nylon at one of the last farmer's markets of the season:

Name:  shopbagmarket.jpg
Views: 1123
Size:  81.3 KB

In the Shop Bag: sugar plum squash, tomatillos, cilantro, kale, chard, tomatoes, onions, lemon cucumbers and several pounds of a wide variety of chiles (mild to #!@$&%^! hot) for roasting.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    I've lost count of how many Shop Bags I have. Here's my Large in Black Dyneema/nylon at one of the last farmer's markets of the season:

Name:  shopbagmarket.jpg
Views: 1123
Size:  81.3 KB

In the Shop Bag: sugar plum squash, tomatillos, cilantro, kale, chard, tomatoes, onions, lemon cucumbers and several pounds of a wide variety of chiles (mild to #!@$&%^! hot) for roasting.
    So Darcy, are you ever going to make a Small Shop Bag in Iberian? And I also really like the new Shop Bags in Black 400d Dyneema that I just received, even though the comment I got was, "But you have lots of Shop Bags! You don't need more Shop Bags." Favorite colors for these are Nordic (yes!), Black, Sapphire (have one of these rare colors, too) and Iberian. Both Black and Nordic options would be great for the Swift. (Yes, I know that you did make the Swift in Nordic before you sold out. I like it a lot.)

moriond

I have never - not once - made it out of the grocery store with my Nordic shop bags without the cashier or bagger making a comment about how amazing they are. Of course I agree! I thought a small Iberian would be terrific to ID all the frozen/fridge items but frankly the bags are so easy to carry all the stuff into the house in one trip, it saves me going back and forth to the car looking for the meltables.

How about this? I took them to Target and the cashier said they deduct from the bill 10 cent savings for their plastic bags.
    ~ one of virtually everything ~ Happy victim of Tom Bihn mind control

I shop at a couple grocery stores that offer "bag discounts". I make sure I grab my TB shop bags when I shop there. The bags may actually pay for themselves.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    So Darcy, are you ever going to make a Small Shop Bag in Iberian? And I also really like the new Shop Bags in Black 400d Dyneema that I just received, even though the comment I got was, "But you have lots of Shop Bags! You don't need more Shop Bags." Favorite colors for these are Nordic (yes!), Black, Sapphire (have one of these rare colors, too) and Iberian. Both Black and Nordic options would be great for the Swift. (Yes, I know that you did make the Swift in Nordic before you sold out. I like it a lot.)
    Who made that comment?! Obviously they don't know one can never have too many Shop Bags.

It's definitely possible that we'll make the Small Shop Bag in Iberian, but when I'm not sure...
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

I'll admit to a small moment of panic when I saw that post heading......

..... And somehow I'd missed that they were available in black now ..... Squeeeeeeeee.
    List under construction ....

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by daisy View Post
    I'll admit to a small moment of panic when I saw that post heading......

..... And somehow I'd missed that they were available in black now ..... Squeeeeeeeee.
    One of the reasons that I use Twitter is that there are occasional announcement alerts from @tombihn about items like this (e.g., a tweet 8 days ago, "Early heads-up: Shop Bags in Black Dyneema and Nordic Dyneema are here…"). Nice pictures of Black Dyneema shop bags by Dorayme in another thread, too.
    dorayme and tCook like this.

YUM! What time is dinner? I just have to change out of my work clothes & I'll be over!

Seriously, I have a few shop bags, and the more I use them, the more uses I find for them. I love the end pockets, the comfortable handles, and the O-rings. My Jack Russells love that they hold billions of Milk Bones.
    SE: b-Aubergine; c-Plum Indigo; d-Steel Nordic Black Solar Wasabi; pp-Olive

SWIFT: Turquoise Plum Hemp Aubergine Olive Nordic Kiwi INDIGO!!!!
    PCSB: Ultraviolet Wasabi Steel Iberian Nordic
    SSB: Ultraviolet Wasabi Steel Solar Iberian Nordic
    LSB: Ultraviolet Wasabi Steel Solar Iberian Nordic Black

SCB: Plum Nordic
    MCB: Plum Nordic Storm Cocoa

IMAGO: Indigo/Plum, Navy/Cork, Black, Cocoa
    CO-PILOT: Indigo
    AERONAUT 45: Indigo