Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Side Effect + S-Biners as seat pocket bag

I can't remember what size is the size 4 pouch, but here's a photo of my square pouch with my iPad and iPhone charger bases and cords. It's a very tight fit, but it can work in a pinch. I would use the size 1 stuff sack, personally.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Moose and dorayme like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mausermama View Post
    I can't remember what size is the size 4 pouch, but here's a photo of my square pouch with my iPad and iPhone charger bases and cords. It's a very tight fit, but it can work in a pinch. I would use the size 1 stuff sack, personally.
    I thought about a stuff sack but I want a clear organizer pouch so I can clip it in multiple TB bags using a key strap/O-ring. As well as being able to see which adapter I'm grabbing in the clear pouch.
    eWalker likes this.

JLE
    Using carabiners is a great trick! I use the Side Effect with a wrist strap for this purpose (it works for seats where there's nowhere to clip carabiners). The Side Effect is such a useful little bag!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff A View Post
    I thought about a stuff sack but I want a clear organizer pouch so I can clip it in multiple TB bags using a key strap/O-ring. As well as being able to see which adapter I'm grabbing in the clear pouch.
    You might also try the pen/pencil pouch, since you're carrying multiple square adapters (and it comes in clear). I've got one in Ballistic that holds my travel adapters + Anker dual-USB charger very neatly, along with my short cords and teensy smartphone holder/tripod.

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Ferret View Post
    You might also try the pen/pencil pouch, since you're carrying multiple square adapters (and it comes in clear). I've got one in Ballistic that holds my travel adapters + Anker dual-USB charger very neatly, along with my short cords and teensy smartphone holder/tripod.
    Do you by chance have pics of your pouch filled with these items? I don't have the pen/pencil pouch, but always assumed it would be too narrow to hold chargers, etc.
    --------------------------------

This is such a great idea. I've had my eye on a SE and seeing that you can use it this way as well pushed me over the edge from want to need. Now to figure out what color...
    My TB family:
    Aeronaut in black/iberian, black/steel Synapse 19 in black/iberian LCB in steel parapack/iberian CP in navy ballistic/solar SE in steel dyneema, nordic dyneema/solar Travel trays in Iberian, steel, ultraviolet various pouches/key straps iPad mini cache

I received my Black Dyneema/Wasabi Side Effect this week and two S-biners. It works great, love it! Thanks for the tip
    Black Cordura-Wasabi Synapse 25 | Black Dyneema-Wasabi Side Effect | Aubergine-Wasabi Co-Pilot | Navy-Iberian Co-Pilot | Iberian Travel Tray | Nordic Large Shop Bag | Ultraviolet Travel Stuff Sack Size #2 | Ultraviolet Small Clear Organizer Pouch | Steel Nano Parapack Pouch | Wasabi 3D Organizer Pouch | Various Key Straps

Quote Originally Posted by bltkmt View Post
    Do you by chance have pics of your pouch filled with these items? I don't have the pen/pencil pouch, but always assumed it would be too narrow to hold chargers, etc.
    Here you go. I don't have an Apple charger handy, but this Anker is made for charging a tablet and smartphone simultaneously. I don't have a good explanation for why I'm still carrying the foreign adapters, but at least this way I always know where they are.

Name:  chargers1.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  123.8 KB
    Name:  chargers0.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  125.3 KB

Thank you! I have that exact same Anker charger so this helps.
    --------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by bltkmt View Post
    Thank you! I have that exact same Anker charger so this helps.
    Cool!!! FYI the charger by itself + short cords and tripod fit perfectly in a Mini OP. I just switched to that since I'm not planning on leaving the country on the way home from work, LOL.
    eWalker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dchang0 View Post
    I use an S-Biner to attach the Side Effect directly to my belt, thus avoiding having to use the shoulder strap or the waist strap. It's far more convenient to deploy than either approach. Your idea is great--all I have to do is add one more S-Biner and get a totally new use out of it. Thanks!
    Thanks for the great idea re: carrying via one S-biner on your belt. I've started doing this with a Side Effect/double carabiner when I'm out metal detecting (between my water bottle sling/detector sling/random cords I have way too many straps going on otherwise), and it works great -- holds my work gloves, ziploc bags, and small findings in a perfectly out-of-the-way fashion.
    eWalker likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0