Like Tree6Likes
  • 6 Post By wsub

Thread: Aeronaut packing cube backpack - first time use

Aeronaut packing cube backpack - first time use

I've never ever posted on a forum before, but I wanted to let whoever is interested know about my first experience with my packing cube backpack. I was in a race this weekend called the Glow Run (an untimed 5K run held downtown at night, kind of like a Color Run with glowsticks). The race organizers did not provide a bag check, and our car was parked more than 1/2 mile from the starting line, so I ran the 5K wearing my new packing cube backpack (the Aeronaut style), which I had brought along to carry my phone and wallet and extra gear.

Two miles into the race, my running buddy surprised me by taking off in a sprint. I ran to catch up with her just as there was a photo op, and I apparently didn't see the photographers' carpet in the dark (I don't even remember a carpet) and took a spill. I remember hitting the pavement (lacerated my palm and scraped up my knees pretty thoroughly) but apparently I also rolled, because I do remember hearing the backpack scrape the asphalt.

I realize this probably isn't the intended use, but I was really impressed that despite being scraped on the pavement in such a manner, the bag didn't show a single scratch (even though I did). I look forward to taking it on an actual travel trip, now that it's been on a personal trip.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wsub View Post
    Two miles into the race, my running buddy surprised me by taking off in a sprint. I ran to catch up with her just as there was a photo op, and I apparently didn't see the photographers' carpet in the dark (I don't even remember a carpet) and took a spill. I remember hitting the pavement (lacerated my palm and scraped up my knees pretty thoroughly) but apparently I also rolled, because I do remember hearing the backpack scrape the asphalt.
    Ouch! Glad you're (mostly) ok.

And welcome to the forums! Here's to many trips with your PCB (hopefully without injury).
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Dyneema is frequently used in motorcycle pants/jeans to protect the rider from injury while sliding across pavement. You've unfortunately gotten to see a bit of that durability for yourself. Glad you're okay!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0