Like Tree11Likes
  • 5 Post By jppreston
  • 1 Post By Darcy
  • 1 Post By Rocks
  • 1 Post By chrisc983
  • 3 Post By peregrina

Thread: Synapse 25 - Perfect!

Synapse 25 - Perfect!

I just returned from a month long trip with my new Synapse 25. I have decided that this is the perfect travel backpack. I have a S19 and love it but it is just a little too small for an extended trip. I can cram everything in but then it is really hard to work out of it.

On the other hand the S25 is Goldilocks (not too big, not too small - but just right)! I travel super light and have given a lot of thought to what I carry and the 25 works like a charm - everything fits with a little room to spare. Of course, the 25 has all the same stellar design features of the S19, it's just a little bigger. When I carried it fully packed, it looked like a normal daypack. How do they do it?? Somehow TB has reversed the laws of physics!!

I am planning a 3 month trip around the world, with only my S25, beginning in November and will post my complete packing list soon.

Final word - the Synapse 25 is the BOMB!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jppreston View Post
    I am planning a 3 month trip around the world, with only my S25, beginning in November and will post my complete packing list soon.
    Awesome, can't wait to see it.
    U.S. / Canada 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries: +1-206-652-4123
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Cool! I also chose a Synapse 25 to be my one bag for travel, but my trip isn't till the end of October so I haven't used it yet. I'm happy to hear it works so well for you.

I'm glad you like the Synapse 25. I really like mine as well. Can't wait to see packing list to get some ideas and maybe some pics?

jea
    Yes-- very curious to see your packing list! I assume that the recent 1 month trip was also exclusively using the 25 as your sole luggage? Id love to hear more about where you went, what type of activities you needed to pack for (business, leisure, formal, informal, hot, cold). While its easy to imagine how people live only with a Synapse for a one-climate, informal, exclusively leisure trip, I find it harder to imagine how people pack when you are facing multiple climates, formal and non-formal, business and leisure. No idea what your personal situation was, but would love to hear more!

Hey jea
    My travel is strictly for pleasure so I don't have to worry about business attire. I do try to carry a couple of things for going out at night (so I don't look like a complete dork!) I do travel very light - mostly Icebreaker however, I can travel in any climate. I just throw in a wool hat, merino pull-over and a lightweight down vest and rain jacket. I have really worked at carrying just what I need and making sure what I carry is super light-weight with minimal bulk. For example, I travel with only flip-flops and New Balance Minimus tennies. I live in my flip-flops and use the Minimus for the gym and going out at night. Luckily you see a lot of fashion tennies out at night. (Mine are black so they work).

Also, I am typically not camping out or spending a lot of time outdoors in foul weather. When I travel to kite-board or climb, I typically bring another bag for gear - but that's a whole different thing.

My gear post is going to be very detailed and will have lots of photos - cause I'm kind of geeked about minimalist travel.
    Cheers

My wife (s25) and daughter (s19) and I (s25) just had a week with ours on the road and they worked great. We pack 4-5 days worth of clothes no problem and then do laundry. If you can avoid packing shoes it really helps. We pack flip flops and wear shoes.

We also use eagle creek packing pouches (purchased years ago before discovering TB) which makes everything more organized.

Can't wait for more trips!

Thank you for sharing! Just received a shipping notice for my S25 Steely Dyneema/Solar! Can't wait!

You are going to love it!!

And this is the reason why I decided on the S25 bc it's the perfect edc bag, but also the perfect travel bag! Most of my trips are two weeks max and I travel light! So this will be the only thing I'm bringing from now on!

This thread makes me hopeful that I might actually be able to walk the camino de santiago with a synapse 25. It's a month-long hike, all I would need to bring is a couple change of clothes, a fleece, poncho, ultralight sleeping bag, a pair of flip flops, and a few more small things. I want to travel light and I wonder if those monstrous 40+ litre bags arent overkill...
    In our household: Black/Steel Aeronaut (with 2 large packing cubes and Absolute shoulder strap), Forest/Steel Aeronaut (1 large and 2 small packing cubes), Olive/Wasabi medium Cafe Bag, Linen/Olive Medium Cafe Bag, Cocoa/Cocoa/Wasabi Imago, Cardinal/Hemp/Steel Imago, Hemp Little Swift, Solar Shop Bag, Plum/Wasabi Side Effect, Black/Steel/Solar Smart Alec, Horizontal and Vertical Freudian Slips, TB Wallet, Hemp Little Swift, FOT pouch, Black/Olive ID

Quote Originally Posted by martel View Post
    We pack 4-5 days worth of clothes no problem and then do laundry.
    Must be summer/hot weather clothing. I've never been able to figure out how to get more than 2-3 days of winter/cold weather clothing into a bag less than 1800 cu. in., which rules out both Synapses immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by jppreston View Post
    I just returned from a month long trip with my new Synapse 25. I have decided that this is the perfect travel backpack. I have a S19 and love it but it is just a little too small for an extended trip. I can cram everything in but then it is really hard to work out of it.

On the other hand the S25 is Goldilocks (not too big, not too small - but just right)! I travel super light and have given a lot of thought to what I carry and the 25 works like a charm - everything fits with a little room to spare. Of course, the 25 has all the same stellar design features of the S19, it's just a little bigger. When I carried it fully packed, it looked like a normal daypack. How do they do it?? Somehow TB has reversed the laws of physics!!

Final word - the Synapse 25 is the BOMB!
    How tall are you How does it "fit"..?

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0