Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: Who says short people can't carry big bags?

Quote Originally Posted by dorayme View Post

*sigh* at the S25 in Nordic....
    dorayme likes this.
    --------------------------------

Thank you for the comparison! I think that was helpful for a lot of shorter women wondering if the larger bags would be overwhelming to carry.
    dorayme likes this.

Like the Brain Bag, looks like that it has more volume then others, so I prefer to take it on a trip....

Thank you. This thread helped me decide that I could carry a Tri-star.

ina
    First I TOTALLY LOVE YOUR RUFFLY PANTS. Okay, now that I've gotten that out of my system, thanks very much for the side by side comparison - I'm trying to figure out whether I should buy a travel bag for my (very tall) 8 year old so I don't have to haul all his stuff around too and the pics really help.

@ ina,
    Do keep in mind that a short adult is generally able to carry more than a tall child. I can cram enough stuff in an Aeronaut that it ends up weighing 40 pounds, so it's very easy to pack in such a way that the load will be too much for your son to manage on his own for long. If you get a bag for your son, a dedicated backpack may be a better idea; I would also suggest making sure that he is capable of wearing the load for a considerable distance--maybe two or three times around the block. A Synapse 19 might be a good choice; plus, he can use it as a school book bag. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very helpful photos. It helps seeing the bags in use. One can judge the size better on.

Name:  Screen Shot 2014-07-27 at 9.11.03 AM.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  67.8 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by bltkmt View Post
    *sigh* at the S25 in Nordic....
    *Sigh* at the S25 in Nordic, and *double sigh* at the S19 in UV Dyneema. I should have known, my fellow purple lover, that you had one of these fabled UV bags, @dorayme. I'm so envious!

~Nancy

I'm in trouble now! I'm not usually a backpack person, but now I think I need an S19 in UV Dyneema. As soon as my bank account recovers from my latest order order, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by WendyK View Post
    I'm in trouble now! I'm not usually a backpack person, but now I think I need an S19 in UV Dyneema. As soon as my bank account recovers from my latest order order, that is.
    I think those were from a short limited run, @WendyK. They aren't being made anymore.
    Getting hold of one might be tricky as I imagine their owners would love them so much they hug them in their sleep ^.^

Quote Originally Posted by icebeng View Post
    I think those were from a short limited run, @WendyK. They aren't being made anymore.
    Getting hold of one might be tricky as I imagine their owners would love them so much they hug them in their sleep ^.^
    I noticed that after the fact *sigh* That's okay, there's always hope for new colours of dyneema, right?
    icebeng likes this.

always. I think that with both nordic and steel fading, black won't be enough.
    personally I would love a 400d Iberian. woooooooooo

I am loving my little uh, it's name ......3d fabric cube ....on a shoulder string in Iberian. My iphone and keys and glasses case can just fit. love the red. it's my new toy.
    Last edited by meekasmom; 07-27-2014 at 10:39 AM.

And I know to say this next item is to invite abuse, but

.... really $50 for a small bag (with lining and little slots, granted) is not attractive to me. I can rationalize at $28 but at $50, I have to say, nope. I could get a cafe bag for a bit more.... so it's all in what you like. I know people who have 3 and 4 side effects, so clearly others disagree (and often pointedly and rudely) with me on this one. I ordered some and sent them back. one, in nordic even...sigh.

Who says short people can't carry big bags?

Everyone's entitled to their opinion. I'm surprised people have been rude about yours. This forum is usually a very nice place.
    I agree with you on the SE though, I get much more use from my SCB for a similar price.

I also agree with @meekasmom.
    I couldnt justify myself to get a $50 Pouch SE.
    Yeah, it may have beautiful lining and pocketed interior. $50 is a lot, in my local currency.
    Hence, I got myself a PCSB instead.

Well, as @WendyK said, everyone's entitled to their opinion. That's mine. I didn't mean to offend anyone.

Anyway, just saying, I understand why SE is priced that way - due to the cost of labour sewing all the additional features which are time-intensive and attentive details, into a small pouch.
    A45 Navy/Solar,
    Brain Cell Vertical Size 1, Horizontal M2 for Dell XPS 16"
    Travel Tray Iberian/Solar, Snake Charmer Olive
    Double Organizer Pouch Medium/Olive

2015 Buy List : Co-Pilot/Pilot Dyneema or Navy/Solar

~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0