Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: My Nordic Small Shop Bag is kind of blowing my mind

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Breaking news: we had a change of heart and are bringing Nordic back. It's going to be a little while, though (remember Nordic is custom dyed to our specifications/made for us in Japan) so some Nordic options (such as the Large Shop Bag) will be temporarily removed from the website...
    Yipeeee!!!!!

Thank You So Much Tom Bihn Lovely Crew
    for keeping happy those who love blue

And want to stay on budget.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RhoFro View Post
    So thank you Darcy for being our #1 enabler.
    Maybe the real credit goes to the spammer in this thread who reminded us that "But your guilty feeling is still there." for retiring Nordic...
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Breaking news: we had a change of heart and are bringing Nordic back. It's going to be a little while, though (remember Nordic is custom dyed to our specifications/made for us in Japan) so some Nordic options (such as the Large Shop Bag) will be temporarily removed from the website...
    Aww...that's great new, Darcy! I have wanted to order another shop bag but thought I had missed the Nordic boat. But now, I have time to plan another order (rubbing hands in glee!)

Darcy,

Can we expect to see organizer pouches in the Nordic and/or Solar?
    Ginkgo likes this.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hamiltee View Post
    Darcy,

Can we expect to see organizer pouches in the Nordic and/or Solar?
    There's some Organizer Pouches in Solar already in our warehouse. Nordic? It's very likely, but I can't promise that right now!
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Volunteer Moderator
    There's some Organizer Pouches in Solar already in our warehouse. Nordic? It's very likely, but I can't promise that right now!
    How about a clear organizer wallet in Nordic and a Side Effect? Also, I was kind of intrigues by a rolling luggage version of the Western Flyer in Nordic Dyneema, because of the lower weight.

The. Nordic. Shop. Bag.

Two shop bags joined my TB family today: Solar in Large and Nordic in Small (brought back from extinction but sold out in the current run).

The small shop bag in Steel was my first Tom Bihn bag. We've been through a lot together. And so many folks love that Solar is back. I also have a large shop bag in Wasabi, the up and coming newcomer on the block. But the dark horse known as Nordic is simply....EPIC.

Right out of the box, it was like a mystical unicorn. The feel of the fabric was different, it stood up and held its shape proudly on its own, the color outshone its competition, and next to my other shop bags, it was simply brilliant. See for yourself, and get in line when it comes back.

Well done, Tom Bihn. Well done.

Name:  Screen Shot 2013-07-26 at 10.25.49 PM.jpg
Views: 512
Size:  92.4 KBName:  Screen Shot 2013-07-26 at 10.24.13 PM.jpg
Views: 510
Size:  136.9 KBName:  Screen Shot 2013-07-26 at 10.58.11 PM.jpg
Views: 461
Size:  87.8 KB

Im so glad they decided to keep Nordic. I can't wait to order something in that color!
    Synapse 25 (Steel Dyneema/UV), Organizer Pouches ( Dyneema, Cordura, Cork - various size & colors), FoJ Pouch, FoT Pouch, 2011 TB Mystery gift(Cork pouch), 2012 Mystery Gift (Forest/ Steel) Pocket Pouch, Sm Yarn Stuff Sack (UV), Small Shop Bag (Steel), Large Shop Bag (UV), Various Color Key Straps, Side Effect (Steel Dyneema/Wasabi)

Thank you for keeping Nordic!!!! Something in Nordic / Solar would be AWESOME!

Maybe the real credit goes to the spammer in this thread who reminded us that "But your guilty feeling is still there." for retiring Nordic...
    The spammer posted late at night and I happened to be on the forum.

I didn't know that it would give Nordic a second chance to be enjoyed. I felt, when its retirement was announced, that it was way too early, since I believe a color need to be given a long enough lifespan to be bought by people who budget orders (most of us).

The story of Solar is a prime example.

It was also disappointing, for a blue lover, to see another blue being removed (Sapphire had just been retired).

At the time of the Nordic retirement announcement, I planned a massive Nordic order, but budget didn't allow.

I am glad that forum members voiced their support for Nordic, to which I now, add my voice.

Update: I now own a Solar Small Shop Bag too. It hangs around the house, unused (so far) and very admired, but it will get used on my upcoming trip. My Nordic one is still hard at work, and still mind-blowing.
    kkintea likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0