Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Synapse 25

Synapse 25

Brief first impressions: I have the original Synapse and have used it for some 2-3 trips but never really warmed to its size/layout. For me once I filled the side pockets everything was so jammed in it was hard to find and remove contents. With the Synapse 25 there's extra room to move contents around to extract what I want. That allows me to use the outside pockets for everyday carry items so I no longer have to carry a Cafe Bag. My eyeglass cases are fairly bulky for example, and with the smaller Synapse there was never an optimal place for them, but with the 25 they fit in the outside side pockets without a problem. It's quite a large bag, of course, but so far it maintains its shape when partially filled better than my Smart Alec. I'm 6'2" and both bags are supremely comfortable to wear. Hope this helps those who are considering this bag.

Could more owners of both bags chime in as well.

While I found the Synapse 19 the perfect EDC bag, I felt it was a bit tight as Travel computer/analogue backpack/main bag, I had to choose between bulky digital or analogue accessories.

For example, I took full sized headphones but not my FJN (a mistake)

Without the FJN papers were divided between a Large Pouch, one side of the Clear Quarter Packing Cube and the main compartment pocket.
    Doable but not ideal.

It will be of great help if owners of both Synapses show or list the content,

I am particularly interesting in integrating the FJN, iPad/iPad Mini and EDC stuff in the Synapse 25.

I just received my beautiful Synapse 25! Woo hoo! Already! THANK YOU, TB crew, for working so hard to get your products out in such a timely fashion.

I also own a 19 that I use every single day. I haven't had a chance to play with the 25 yet but I'll report back when I do....
    Darcy and dorayme like this.

I received shipping notification today and should have my Synapse 25 on Monday!

UPS says I'll have mine Monday too! Thanks TB for getting them out so promptly!

I'm in LOVE! Mine got here today and the first thing I did was placed my fully packed for travel Swift in the main section. This will make life so much easier! I will be able to take my Swift or medium cafe bag (or both) with me so I have a smaller bag to carry once I get there. No more worrying about where to pack all the extra yarn and fiber!

The water bottle pocket easily accommodated my 21 oz hydroflask.

I really like most things about my Synapse 25 but the jury is still out on the water bottle pocket. I also purchased the lifefactory water bottle and the problem I have is when it "sweats" water, the water makes its way into the main compartment. Any suggestions on how to deal with this? Should I purchase a travel sack to put the water bottle in to mitigate this?
    Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

Maybe try an insulated stainless steel water bottle. I have one by Thermos that does not sweat at all and I recently saw one made by S'Well They are online but I don't have much luck with url links.

Hydroflask water bottle for sure. I love it. No sweating, keeps ice cold for an entire day pretty much.

Thank you for the tips. Does anyone know if a 40 oz (1.18 liter) hydroflask will fit?

I carry a camelbak groove and a Zojirushi tuff mug in mine at the same time. Works pretty good.

I'd think the 40 oz hydroflask would work.

40 oz Hydroflask fits... just barely

I would be a little careful when zipping it up & not overload the pack but yes the 40 oz fits.

Quote Originally Posted by DrewDT View Post
    Thank you for the tips. Does anyone know if a 40 oz (1.18 liter) hydroflask will fit?

Quote Originally Posted by DrewDT View Post
    I really like most things about my Synapse 25 but the jury is still out on the water bottle pocket. I also purchased the lifefactory water bottle and the problem I have is when it "sweats" water, the water makes its way into the main compartment. Any suggestions on how to deal with this? Should I purchase a travel sack to put the water bottle in to mitigate this?
    Thank you in advance for your suggestions.
    I use a low tech method, a plastic bag. Since I am into reusing, I repurpose the perfectly clean and strong bags pasta, rice, beans, lentils come in. I cut the top carefully and place the sweating bottle in there.

The plastic bag not only helps to slide the bottle easily into the water bottle pocket, even if the Synapse is full, it has saved my things from being drenched in fruit juice. There had been a user error and the bottle top had been closed incorrectly.
    The plastic bag was really sticky but it held the spilled juice really well and my Synapse water bottle pocket only got a little wash cloth clean up.

It is good to do that with Dyneema bags regularly because they see the world, even if grime and dirt just brush of, bacterias accumulate.

Great tips! I've decided to go with another solution (for now) that will enable me to continue using the Lifefactory bottle. I put a Camelbak insulated neoprene sleeve on it which should address the condensation issue while giving me the added benefit of maintaining liquid temperatures for longer periods.

Just started playing with my Synapse 25 and noticed holes at the bottom of the water bottle pocket. I can touch the contents of each side pocket if I stick my finger in the holes. The holes seem symmetrical and since they are in the same spot for each side pocket, I wonder if this is by design instead of a flaw. Anyone with insights?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0