Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Synapse 25

Quote Originally Posted by DrewDT View Post
    Just started playing with my Synapse 25 and noticed holes at the bottom of the water bottle pocket. I can touch the contents of each side pocket if I stick my finger in the holes. The holes seem symmetrical and since they are in the same spot for each side pocket, I wonder if this is by design instead of a flaw. Anyone with insights?
    If you have a sweaty water bottle in those side pockets, you'll appreciate those little holes at the bottom of the bag.

They don't actually drain out of the bag they are open from the center pocket into the side pockets.

They are indeed part of the design ... found them when I felt my Synapse19 all over when I got it ... I don't keep tiny objects loose in the side pockets but if I did and they disappeared I'd know where they went...

Quote Originally Posted by trin0042 View Post
    If you have a sweaty water bottle in those side pockets, you'll appreciate those little holes at the bottom of the bag.
    List under construction ....

I never noticed them on my S19, but my S25 has them as well.
    Synapse 25 (Steel Dyneema/UV), Organizer Pouches ( Dyneema, Cordura, Cork - various size & colors), FoJ Pouch, FoT Pouch, 2011 TB Mystery gift(Cork pouch), 2012 Mystery Gift (Forest/ Steel) Pocket Pouch, Sm Yarn Stuff Sack (UV), Small Shop Bag (Steel), Large Shop Bag (UV), Various Color Key Straps, Side Effect (Steel Dyneema/Wasabi)

Salutations!

I think the 'holes' are ports to pass through tubing for a water reservoir/bladder that would be housed in the bottle pocket.

Peace!

Yam
    Quote Originally Posted by roarmouse View Post
    Salutations!

I think the 'holes' are ports to pass through tubing for a water reservoir/bladder that would be housed in the bottle pocket.

Peace!
    Hey, that's pretty interesting. What kind of reservoirs would fit in there? My 3L Camelbak definitely wouldn't...

Mine has two tiny holes, too. At first I thought it was a flaw, but they seem too symmetrical to be so. I am curious as to their function!

Apparently my Synapse 19 has them too. hmm
    Last edited by Rocks; 07-11-2013 at 02:34 PM. Reason: upon further review

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Beau's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewDT View Post
    Just started playing with my Synapse 25 and noticed holes at the bottom of the water bottle pocket. I can touch the contents of each side pocket if I stick my finger in the holes. The holes seem symmetrical and since they are in the same spot for each side pocket, I wonder if this is by design instead of a flaw. Anyone with insights?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocks View Post
    Mine has two tiny holes, too. At first I thought it was a flaw, but they seem too symmetrical to be so. I am curious as to their function!

Apparently my Synapse 19 has them too. hmm
    Glad you brought this up. Those small gaps you both noticed in the side pockets are actually necessitated by the constructions process. Because the pockets of the Synapse 25 have some pretty radical curves, it's nearly impossible to sew them-- those small gaps in the extreme corners of the vertical pocket dividers are a small compromise with the real-world of manufacturing things. They're neither flaws in the design nor the construction.

To be brief: they're supposed to be there.
    Last edited by Beau; 07-15-2013 at 12:37 PM.

Thanks Beau! That's cool information to know. I feel like an insider!

Though I'm a little disappointed they're not wormholes or rifts in the space/time continuum.
    Last edited by Rocks; 07-11-2013 at 04:00 PM.

Thank you for the explanation. The symmetry of the holes suggested this was by design, but it certainly feels better to get confirmation of my suspicion.

Hi Beau,

Other than the gaps that's part of the design, I spotted a couple more holes beside it. About the size of the tip of the pen. What's it for? Some sort of marker?

Thanks!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Beau's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by roadpotato View Post
    Hi Beau,

Other than the gaps that's part of the design, I spotted a couple more holes beside it. About the size of the tip of the pen. What's it for? Some sort of marker?
    You got it! Those are markers made on the fabric to help out our sewing crew when they're assembling the Synapse 25.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0