Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: New Side Effect!

New Side Effect!

This thing is fabulous! Just picked it up today at the store after pre-ordering it. I can fit my iPhone, wallet, Google Nexus 7 in its case, pocket knife and a writing pad. It can easily fit more, but for illustration purposes this is what I put in it as soon as I got it home. I also got it with the waist strap. I will post up come pictures when I get that set up. Thanks TB Crew, this is the greatest little bag ever!

Name:  Side Effect 002.jpg
Views: 2386
Size:  829.6 KBName:  Side Effect 003.jpg
Views: 2427
Size:  755.8 KBName:  Side Effect 004.jpg
Views: 2409
Size:  716.4 KBName:  Side Effect 005.jpg
Views: 2426
Size:  820.3 KBName:  Side Effect 006.jpg
Views: 2399
Size:  700.6 KB
    Black/Steel TS, Black/Steel A45, Black Dyneema/Wasabi A30, Black/Black/Steel Brain Bag, Black/Steel Co-Pilot, Black/Steel Pilot, Black/Steel Synapse 19, Black Dyneema/Wasabi Synapse 19, Black/Steel Cadet 11, Black/Steel Imago, Black Dyneema/Wasabi MCB, Navy/Cayenne and Black/Solar SCB, Black/Wasabi and Navy/Iberian SE and many pouches in various sizes. Tom Bihnaholic.

this is cool. will it fit the IPad Mini? This might make it a perfect carry on purse ---

I believe the iPad mini is slightly wider so it might fit? The Nexus 7 I have fit with the case on it.
    Black/Steel TS, Black/Steel A45, Black Dyneema/Wasabi A30, Black/Black/Steel Brain Bag, Black/Steel Co-Pilot, Black/Steel Pilot, Black/Steel Synapse 19, Black Dyneema/Wasabi Synapse 19, Black/Steel Cadet 11, Black/Steel Imago, Black Dyneema/Wasabi MCB, Navy/Cayenne and Black/Solar SCB, Black/Wasabi and Navy/Iberian SE and many pouches in various sizes. Tom Bihnaholic.

Volunteer Moderator
    the black/wasabi looks very sharp!

I want this bag too!
    I love the minimalism of it.
    Nice pics. You really get the sense of the robustness of the balistic nylon.
    My little set of TB stuff:
    Western Flyer (steel/ultraviolet)
    Small Pouch (cork)
    Large Shop Bag (solar)
    packing cubes

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva View Post
    this is cool. will it fit the IPad Mini? This might make it a perfect carry on purse ---
    My iPad Mini will squeeze inside my Plum Side Effect if I take it out of its case, which I don't want to do. But sadly I can't zip the old Side Effect closed if I do that. However, I just ordered the Aubergine Side Effect as a "Happy Birthday to Me" gift. I'll let you know if the iPad Mini fits inside the new SE when the Aubergine arrives. But since Darcy says the dimensions of the two versions of the SE are the same, I doubt it will.

~Nancy
    dorayme likes this.

thanks folks. I don't think the Ipad mini will fit; nor the Kindle paperwhite from the sound of it....just thought it would be a good bag to tote something like that in addition to usual stuff. But this would be a handy purse that is not a small cafe bag...

Ok... Just ordered my new Side Effect. tizi's pix forced the issue. I will be using this as my organizer bag for all of my adapters, cables, and power bricks. Really looking forward to it... And it has shipped, so I'll get to play with it soon. It will go really nicely in my just-received Synapse 25!
    YonkDaddy!
    Black/Iberian Aeronaut, Steel/Wasabi Synapse25, Black/UV Synapse19, Black/Steel Western Flyer, Black Checkpoint Flyer, Steel/Wasabi Side Effect, Packing Cube Shoulder Bag, Travel Tray, numerous packing cubes, organizer pouches

Rae
    I can fit my Kindle Paperwhite in my old version of the Side Effect. When the my new one arrives I can test that as well. I don't keep the Paperwhite in any sort of case though.

Quote Originally Posted by ncb4 View Post
    My iPad Mini will squeeze inside my Plum Side Effect if I take it out of its case, which I don't want to do. But sadly I can't zip the old Side Effect closed if I do that. However, I just ordered the Aubergine Side Effect as a "Happy Birthday to Me" gift. I'll let you know if the iPad Mini fits inside the new SE when the Aubergine arrives. But since Darcy says the dimensions of the two versions of the SE are the same, I doubt it will.

~Nancy
    Thanks! Very keen to hear the answer to this question. If an iPad mini will fit then I can dump my messenger bag (not TB)!

It would be a perfect addition to my EDC if it fits a large Moleskine (5" x 8.25"). Has anyone tried it?

I will try it tonight and let you know.

The Moleskine in the size you asked about does not fit. It goes in, but will not zip shut.

Thanks for trying it out. That was really nice of you!

Would like to buy one but they are all out

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0