Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: New Side Effect!

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Roostertxp View Post
    Would like to buy one but they are all out
    hi Roostertxp!

i believe that the sooner you pre-order, the sooner you'll get it when they are back in stock. i know that the side effect page currently indicates late may for a ship date, but the tom bihn crew is faster than lightning and i wouldn't be surprised if they beat their shipping estimates!

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    hi Roostertxp!

i believe that the sooner you pre-order, the sooner you'll get it when they are back in stock. i know that the side effect page currently indicates late may for a ship date, but the tom bihn crew is faster than lightning and i wouldn't be surprised if they beat their shipping estimates!
    Thanks. May do it

For those who were wondering, my Kindle Paperwhite does fit nicely inside both my Wasabi Dyneema Side Effect [pictured] and my Aubergine Ballistic SE: and I've even got the Kindle in a case. [slim vegan leather rooCase] I'm sad that I can't get my iPad Mini in the SE, but it's a big plus that I can fit the Paperwhite inside.

~Nancy

Name:  IMG_0498 - Version 2.jpg
Views: 1070
Size:  432.2 KB

Name:  IMG_0500.jpg
Views: 1037
Size:  434.2 KB

You can just see the edge of the Paperwhite in its purple case sticking out here, but the zipper closes over it with no problem.

Thanks for showing the rooCase! I am considering it for my new Paperwhite. Though may end up going with just a sleeve, it's nice to know it fits.
    ncb4 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bchaplin View Post
    Thanks for showing the rooCase! I am considering it for my new Paperwhite. Though may end up going with just a sleeve, it's nice to know it fits.
    @bchaplin, note that you may have a pronounced chemical smell when first taking the rooCase out of its packaging. I'd read about that on Amazon before ordering, so I was prepared for it. I did what the rooCase folks suggest: wiped it down with a damp cloth, then let it air out in the sunshine. Within an hour the smell had dissipated markedly; and it kept disappearing rapidly to the point where now I can't notice it at all, though your sensitivity may vary. Just thought I'd let you know. I like the case a great deal; very slim, holds the Paperwhite securely, and the auto-wake function of the cover works well.

~Nancy
    snowbot likes this.

jea
    Thanks Nancy! This is very helpful. I had been meaning to ask this question on the forums, so it was great to see the answer waiting for me!
    ncb4 likes this.

I got a Steel Dyneema (I mean, d'uh) Side Effect and oh my goodness, it is SO nice! When I only need to carry a few things, it's my everyday carry.

My plan is to take it with me on my travels, and also carry a steel Dyneema Packing Cube Shoulder Bag, so I can choose whether I want to carry a big or small purse.

So happy with the changes. And I LOVE the removable waist strap. How clever!
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

Thanks! This convinced me to buy a case for my Paperwhite, though I ended up going with a similar model by a different company, Fintie, because I liked the navy blue color they offered. This also fits into my Side Effect very well, along with my wallet, cash, receipts, iPhone and a few other random items.

Name:  IMG_1472.jpg
Views: 794
Size:  151.5 KB

(I do like having a book-style cover. It makes the Kindle easier to handle on the train, and having it turn on when I open the cover is nice.)
    Last edited by bchaplin; 05-29-2013 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bchaplin View Post
    Thanks! This convinced me to buy a case for my Paperwhite, though I ended up going with a similar model by a different company, Fintie, because I liked the navy blue color they offered. This also fits into my Side Effect very well, along with my wallet, cash, receipts, iPhone and a few other random items.
    bchaplin, we are twins! First, I also h ave an Aubergine SE. And I have the navy blue Fintie case fdor my Paperwhite: I ordered both it and the rooCase because I couldn't make up my mind between them. And I like them both, so since the Fintie was so inexpensive, I kept it as well. I'm so happy my picture helped you decide how to carry your Paperwhite.

~Nancy
    snowbot likes this.

Funny. We should compare reading lists

Quote Originally Posted by ncb4 View Post
    bchaplin, we are twins! First, I also h ave an Aubergine SE. And I have the navy blue Fintie case fdor my Paperwhite: I ordered both it and the rooCase because I couldn't make up my mind between them. And I like them both, so since the Fintie was so inexpensive, I kept it as well. I'm so happy my picture helped you decide how to carry your Paperwhite.

~Nancy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0