Joy

rave: organizer pouches

I keep my Dell Axim + headphones stored in a small organizer pouch. I (stupidly) put a bottle of water in my purse the other day that wasn't completely closed. Everything got fairly well soaked - the textbook I had in there, my wallet, etc. But my Axim was perfectly fine, because the pouch pretty much kept the water out - it was maybe slightly damp inside, but that's it. These basic pouches are really a million times more useful than I initially thought!

I just got my Imago earlier in the week and I picked up some organizer pouches at the same time. They work very well together because there are little rings to clip them to in three places in the Imago (at least I think that is one of the possibilities for the little rings). This works especially well for the open pocket under the flap. I can just put a small organizer pouch in that pocket and clip it to the ring. This works very well for putting all my my change, wallet, etc. into before going through airport security. It is this sort of attention to detail that makes TB bags so cool!

I'm another fan of the organizer pouches. At first I though I would prefer pouches with a little more structure but no, these are great because when they're empty they're flat. I have a medium and a small in my large cafe bag and I'm planning on buying more(two small ones, I think) because I love being able to reach in and pull things out without having to dig too much. Now I put anything that's not large enough to grab quickly(and doesn't fit in the sewn in pockets) into a pouch and it's much easier to find everything.

I second everything that was said about them. They are great and not at all flimsy.

I have a medium size and I'm thinking of adding the big and small sizes to my collection. Now! What to do with the color?

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    We offer the pouches in a couple of colors that aren't listed on the Web site: Periwinkle and Grid.
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Volunteer Moderator
    Periwinkle sounds good. The lighter color pouches work well when you want a contrasting color to highlight your contents. This might make a nice combination with plum or deep blue for the new Imago color offerings.

Since there have been a lot of comments about uses for the small and medium organizer pouches, I thought I'd add that the large organizer pouch is beautifully sized for the front pocket of the ID bag; you can clip it to the rings at either side. Then, in addition to putting things inside the pouch, you can also use the pouch as a divider for the front pocket to easily separate items you put in front of it or behind it. The top of the pouch sits just halfway between the colored section in back and the top of the built-in ID pockets in front, so the items in the sewn-in pockets just behind it get a little extra protection, but remain easily reachable. My large organizer pouch is crimson, so this looks pretty classy against the crimson interior of my ID bag!
    Last edited by moriond; 10-25-2006 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Added comments about use of large organizer pouch with ID bag.

Organizer pouches are great for sorting the many small cables, power adapters, batteries etc that belong to our electronic gadgets. Again, I use the round paper tags from an Office Supply for labeling.
    All the pouches shown are traveling in the main and secondary compartment of the new ID Bag.Several sizes are being used- allowing for effective content volume customization. Their flatness allows them to stack easily on the inside of the ID - preventing buldging! Another plus is that although other companies use RipStop Nylon to make thier pouches, I like the use of cordura better.The Tom Bihn pouches have better 'structural' characteristics than the competition. Cordura makes for a quieter surface/against surface interaction and they feel warmer in my hands too.The YKK zippers are a big upgrade from the usual no-name microzippers that tend to snag up on such pouches. Inside surfaces are waterproofed for accidental spillage mitigation and easy clean-ups.
    Last edited by Zephyrnoid; 11-19-2006 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrnoid View Post
    Organizer pouches are great for sorting the many small cables, power adapters, batteries etc that belong to our electronic gadgets. Again, I use the round paper tags from an Office Supply for labeling.
    All the pouches shown are traveling in the main and secondary compartment of the new ID Bag.Several sizes are being used- allowing for effective content volume customization. Their flatness allows them to stack easily on the inside of the ID - preventing buldging! Another plus is that although other companies use RipStop Nylon to make thier pouches, I like the use of cordura better.The Tom Bihn pouches have better 'structural' characteristics than the competition. Cordura makes for a quieter surface/against surface interaction and they feel warmer in my hands too.The YKK zippers are a big upgrade from the usual no-name microzippers that tend to snag up on such pouches. Inside surfaces are waterproofed for accidental spillage mitigation and easy clean-ups.
    Could you tell me what colors and sizes you are using?

I'm using the ones shown. Small, Medium & Large sizes

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0