Like Tree22Likes
  • 13 Post By flitcraft
  • 5 Post By falconea
  • 2 Post By TavaPeak
  • 2 Post By falconea

Thread: Travel tray for the non-traveler

Travel tray for the non-traveler

I've reviewed the Travel Tray before, for its intended purpose. But life sometimes throws us the odd unexpected challenge, and mine recently has been several months of recovery from a serious leg injury that rendered me non-mobile for the past few months. I'm blessed with a wonderful husband at my beck and call, but it's not always convenient for him to be there to fetch me this and that during the day. Enter the Travel Tray, which I am using as my EDNC (or Every Day Non-carry...)

Currently it holds my smartphone, my reading glasses, a couple of pill bottles, an energy bar, a lip balm, a small hand sanitizer, a tube of shea butter, a packet of tissues, a couple of pens, a small hand mirror, a lipstick, a handful of cough drops, my Ipod and a set of earbuds, and a little transistor radio (to listen to spring training games!). It fits neatly into the carry basket of my walker, stands by itself by whatever chair or bed I'm in. It snugs tight to keep everything in when I'm not rummaging through it and when I'm toting it in my walker basket, but its wide opening makes it much easier to find things in than a purse would be.

It's sturdy enough when open to be a convenient place to stash things temporarily, like paperback books, my Kindle, or the TV remote, keeping them off the floor and within easy reach. It's unbelievable how handy it is. It would make a really thoughtful gift for someone with limited mobility, whether temporary or permanent. Next time I know someone in that category, I'm not getting them a potted plant, I'm getting them a Travel Tray!
    Western Flyer (crimsom) with Absolute strap, Zephyr (black), Medium Cafe Bag (steel/olive), Shop Bags (solar, steel), Large Cafe bag (navy/cayenne), Small café bag (forest), Tristars (steel/solar and indigo/solar),Aeronaut (steel), Side Effects (old skool black cordura, olive parapack), Imagos (steel, cork, wasabi, and aubergine, hemp, steel), Dyneema Western Flyer (Nordic/Steel) and miscellaneous packing cubes, pouches, etc.

I use one of mine in a lab I work in around once a fortnight. (In a museum, working on the marine invertebrate collections.) Holds my forceps, dissecting needle, pens, wipes, scissors, jar opener, small post-it notes and all the other little bits and bobs I need. During the day I use it to throw things in to keep the bench neat, and when I go home I close it up and leave it on my little personal shelf and no-one "borrows" my forceps before I am back!

The clip on the pull cord works very nicely to also hold the tip protector for my (very sharp!) forceps so I don't lose that doing the day. Ths prevents the Travel Tray from developing millions of holes. :+>

Audrey

Audrey - you need to post a picture. (ok, maybe without the dissection specimens)

I'll see if I can set one up next time I'm at the Museum!

Audrey

Keep it all in there falconea and then take the pic! Reminds me of my Microbio lab days! Although I can't day it would be "healthy" to use a travel tray in there!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0