• 1 Post By mifcnm
  • 1 Post By wennefer
  • 2 Post By Miking
  • 1 Post By JLE
  • 1 Post By darbs
  • 1 Post By Brehnert

Thread: My Aeronaut is here!

My Aeronaut is here!

First a huge thank you to everyone who got me my Aubergine/Wasabi Aeronaut here a full 2 weeks before I needed it. I am so appreciative.

When I opened the box my first thought was "It is so small!" because I am a recovering overpacker. I immediately took a ton of bulky items out of my closet and loaded it up and was still able to fit an enormous amount in it which made me feel like packing for 4 days in it should be no problem.

I found the backpack straps to be super comfortable and want to be able to carry it that way when traveling but that prevents me from using my Synapse. I need to figure out what to do for my personal item but I am quite excited to use my Aeronaut and the challenge (for me, I know some of you are experts) of packing a lot lighter than I have in the past.

Also, I am traveling to Philly for this trip so I am open to restaurant recommendations!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    I'm glad we could get your new Aeronaut to you in time for your trip!

Just got a restaurant recommendation for you via Twitter: HipCityVeg
    U.S. / Canada 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries: +1-206-652-4123
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Try the Co-Pilot in the same color great combo and another great bag!

Not sure what kind of food you like, but Jose Garces's Amada is a terrific restaurant if you like tapas (Amada Restaurant Philadelphia PA).
    Darcy likes this.
    Owner of Crimson/Steel Western Flyer, Forest/Steel Zephyr, Olive/Cayenne Ristretto for iPad, Olive/Cork/Steel and Cardinal/Hemp/Steel Imago, Plum/Wasabi Side Effect, Linen/Steel and Conifer/Steel SCB, Steel Breve, Plum/Black Swift, Steel FJN, Horizontal Freudian Slip, black Brain Cell, Iberian Packing Cube Backpack, Ultraviolet Packing Cube Shoulder Bag, and various organizer pouches, caches, and other odds and ends.

Quote Originally Posted by wennefer View Post
    Not sure what kind of food you like, but Jose Garces's Amada is a terrific restaurant if you like tapas (Amada Restaurant Philadelphia PA).
    This looks great! My sister in law is driving up to visit me and this would be a fun place to take them to.

I'm sure you will love it, if you haven't already I highly recommend getting packing cubes, it makes it easy to delegate a cube to shirts, one to socks and undergarments and a large one to pants and sweaters and once you have them full you pack no more.

Also almost more important than a packing list is taking note of all the things you didn't use on your trip. Besides a few essentials, if there is something you haven't used in a few trips take it off your packing list and in no time you will have packing light down to an art.

I would recommend the Co-Pilot as well, it MAKES you pack less and I have very long legs @5'10", so it give me the leg room I really need.

Had a 3-night trip myself last week, and was reminded again how much I love this bag. Clothes, toiletries and an extra pair of shoes (so I could ditch my lace-up hikers for my slip-on Vans at the end of the day) all fit perfectly. Definitely one of my favorite bags to take on a trip.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
    Had a 3-night trip myself last week, and was reminded again how much I love this bag. Clothes, toiletries and an extra pair of shoes (so I could ditch my lace-up hikers for my slip-on Vans at the end of the day) all fit perfectly. Definitely one of my favorite bags to take on a trip.
    My overpacking ways are so nervous. It should be fine but I insist on bringing some things that do take up a bit of room. If I pack wisely and don't fall into the same packing traps I usually do I will be fine.

I am also planning to use the backpack straps, so comfortable that way IMO.

My best strategy when I was learning to be a light packer was to evaluate when I got home, look at what items were not used or not used much and adjust my packing list for the next trip. My favourite self comment was ... In spite of what you think you do NOT need more than three tops. Somehow though, i do not seem to be able to force myself to leave a dress behind although I never find myself going to the dressy restaurant I imagine... sigh!

JLE
    Quote Originally Posted by jannilee View Post
    Somehow though, i do not seem to be able to force myself to leave a dress behind although I never find myself going to the dressy restaurant I imagine... sigh!
    I say pack that dress! The one trip you don't bring it could be the one trip you wish you had. I have a black silk jersey dress that can be dressed up or down, doesn't crush and packs down to more or less the size of a t-shirt. I always take it.
    darbs likes this.

I tend to throw in a dress as well. I've got a black and white one that folds up small and doesn't wrinkle. Has 3/4 sleeves and works with flat or heeled sandals when it is warm or can be paired with tights or leggings and boots or ballet flats when cooler out. I've done fancy jewelry, not so fancy jewelry, scarves, cardigans...just about any accessory really with it and it works great. I think it's important to have a versatile piece in your wardrobe collection. I don't always get a chance to wear it, but am always grateful to have it when I need it.
    JLE likes this.

ceb
    Quote Originally Posted by darbs View Post
    I tend to throw in a dress as well. I've got a black and white one that folds up small and doesn't wrinkle. Has 3/4 sleeves and works with flat or heeled sandals when it is warm or can be paired with tights or leggings and boots or ballet flats when cooler out. I've done fancy jewelry, not so fancy jewelry, scarves, cardigans...just about any accessory really with it and it works great. I think it's important to have a versatile piece in your wardrobe collection. I don't always get a chance to wear it, but am always grateful to have it when I need it.
    Ehhh, I never take a dress or ballet flats

I've found two ways to pack effectively.

Clearly the bundle method (which works well in the Aeronaut) packs the most with fewest creases, but I've found that using multiple packing cubes works best for me.

I put everything for one day in a packing cube so I just need to pull that one out of the bag. The next day I use the next cube and so forth.
    When in trouble, obfuscate.

Hey, I'm the manager at Mixto Restaurant here in Philly. We're a great, fun restaurant serving traditional Cuban, Latin American and Carribean cuisine in a South Beach atmosphere. We have great mojitos and margaritas too! Check out our menu and let me know if you have any questions or need a reservation! Philly's a great city and we look forward to having you!
    Darcy likes this.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0