Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: My Smart Alec

Aaaaaaahhhhh. Very nice.

The lower pocket makes the bag look pregnant. If only that worked, could multiple TB items at home!

As a side question, is the lower pocket big enough to fit a lunchbot or mason jar? Trying to figure out if I could carry a lunch in there if the inner bag were full
    enjih likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by earth5 View Post
    The lower pocket makes the bag look pregnant. If only that worked, could multiple TB items at home!
    That's funny!
    As a side question, is the lower pocket big enough to fit a lunchbot or mason jar? Trying to figure out if I could carry a lunch in there if the inner bag were full
    Hmmm .. .not sure on exact measurements, but I think so. One of the reasons I started using it was with the idea of bringing a pack lunch more easily to work.

My SA working this morning (and slouching a bit - precoffee, clearly):
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363818511.042323.jpg
Views: 1197
Size:  248.3 KB
    The admin pocket works great for me in many ways, this being one. My phone goes in head first, glass facing the bag interior. This leaves it super easy to access for charging.

I also use a tether with carabiner to clip n my bag (when not having a passenger). It helps keep it from flying off the seat violently in case of sudden stop.

The lower modular pocket dimensions are 10.8" x 6.7" x 3" and adds 215 cubic inches of total storage. Whether it fits a lunch box or not depends on the measurements of the lunchbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Pocketz View Post
    The lower modular pocket dimensions are 10.8" x 6.7" x 3" and adds 215 cubic inches of total storage. Whether it fits a lunch box or not depends on the measurements of the lunchbox.
    Perfect for my tote umbrella and 20 oz Contigo coffee mug. It was raining today so I needed the first. The second ... was recently returned to me. It got left behind because it was hand carried and not stashed (the SA already had my water bottle).

I haven't been using the Lower Modular Pocket for EDC as a regular item - it tends to be more of a spot solution, as with today's rainy weather.

Time for moar SA:

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364749139.098520.jpg
Views: 929
Size:  211.3 KB
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364749153.607897.jpg
Views: 964
Size:  276.6 KB
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364749173.918064.jpg
Views: 936
Size:  298.6 KB

I love using this bag ...

Quick Review of My Smart Alec in all Steel Dyneema with Top/Bottom Modular Pockets

Finally pulled the trigger and went with the Smart Alec in all Steel Dyneema > see pics attached. I've got more pics that I'll attach in another post (seems I've reached a post size limitation...?).

Lots of stuff inside... Pretty much self explanatory from the pics.

Macbook Pro 17" Protection

I also purchased a Size 1 Brain Cell, but found that it was too big, taking up too much valuable real estate on the inside - it's going back to Tom Bihn.

Fortunately, my Think Tank Artificial Intelligence 17" laptop bag (artificial-intelligence-17-computer-sleeve) fits inside perfectly and takes up less space than the Size 1 Brain Cell (and I think it's much more functional while offering more than enough protection for my use). I also have a Macbook Pro 17" neoprene sleeve by Incase that works perfectly as well, and it takes even less space than the Artificial Intelligence 17". Both the Think Tank and Neoprene sleeve offer enough laptop protection for my use - global travel for business mostly inside/outside of airports, taxis, hotels, client conference rooms. I plan to use this for hikes, bike rides and snowboarding as well, but with out the laptop and related technology for these purposes. I also have a Canon 5D Mark II plus tons of "L" lens, flashes, etc. I tried putting select Canon gear (DSLR, 2 lens, 580 flash, small items) in my Think Tank Hubba Hubba Hiney bag (Hubba Hubba Hiney) and it fits inside with room to spare - note: it's not too much larger than the black Tom Bihn Snake Charmer that I also have.

Was torn by the color combinations, but the Steel Dyneema has grown on me. I think it will work well for both business and pleasure!

Hope this helps if you're considering the Smart Alec.

Name:  IMG_1182.jpg
Views: 1488
Size:  985.3 KBName:  IMG_1183.jpg
Views: 1190
Size:  858.5 KBName:  IMG_1184.jpg
Views: 1321
Size:  870.3 KBName:  IMG_1185.jpg
Views: 1221
Size:  932.5 KBName:  IMG_1187.jpg
Views: 1158
Size:  837.8 KB
    Lani likes this.

Quick Review of My Smart Alec in all Steel Dyneema with Top/Bottom Modular Pockets

Finally pulled the trigger and went with the Smart Alec in all Steel Dyneema > see pics attached. I've got more pics that I'll attach in another post (seems I've reached a post size limitation...?).

Lots of stuff inside... Pretty much self explanatory from the pics.

Macbook Pro 17" Protection

I also purchased a Size 1 Brain Cell, but found that it was too big, taking up too much valuable real estate on the inside - it's going back to Tom Bihn.

Fortunately, my Think Tank Artificial Intelligence 17" laptop bag (artificial-intelligence-17-computer-sleeve) fits inside perfectly and takes up less space than the Size 1 Brain Cell (and I think it's much more functional while offering more than enough protection for my use). I also have a Macbook Pro 17" neoprene sleeve by Incase that works perfectly as well, and it takes even less space than the Artificial Intelligence 17". Both the Think Tank and Neoprene sleeve offer enough laptop protection for my use - global travel for business mostly inside/outside of airports, taxis, hotels, client conference rooms. I plan to use this for hikes, bike rides and snowboarding as well, but with out the laptop and related technology for these purposes. I also have a Canon 5D Mark II plus tons of "L" lens, flashes, etc. I tried putting select Canon gear (DSLR, 2 lens, 580 flash, small items) in my Think Tank Hubba Hubba Hiney bag (Hubba Hubba Hiney) and it fits inside with room to spare - note: it's not too much larger than the black Tom Bihn Snake Charmer that I also have.

Was torn by the color combinations, but the Steel Dyneema has grown on me. I think it will work well for both business and pleasure!

Hope this helps if you're considering the Smart Alec.

Name:  IMG_1182.jpg
Views: 1488
Size:  985.3 KBName:  IMG_1183.jpg
Views: 1190
Size:  858.5 KBName:  IMG_1184.jpg
Views: 1321
Size:  870.3 KBName:  IMG_1185.jpg
Views: 1221
Size:  932.5 KBName:  IMG_1187.jpg
Views: 1158
Size:  837.8 KB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2