This is my first trip overseas that I am carrying my Synapse (Olive/Solar) as my EDC. I must say that it is the most comfortable day pack that I've every carried even when fully loaded with 3 water bottles, three nappies and baby wipes, camera, iPhone, iPad, wallet, TB wallet with cards, snacks for the kids and one set of change of clothes for the toddler, baby leash, and a packet of wet, and dry tissues. The pack probably weighs around 5-6kg but I hardly felt the weight once it was on my back with the chest strap on. Singapore is especially hot and humid at the moment but with the mesh material on the back of the synapse, I did not feel overly hot on my back or perspired as much as I thought I would.

There were many times where I had to carry my toddler with my fully loaded Synapse on and walk a fair distance. The weight of the pack was more than manageable. Having my hands free to manage my toddler and to push a stroller has been a real plus as there is a lot of walking involved, and catching buses and trains.

All in all, I am very pleased with my Synapse. It would be very tempting for me now to consider a lighter version of the Synapse