Like Tree7Likes
  • 5 Post By Manny
  • 1 Post By cucciasv
  • 1 Post By Climb14er

Thread: Co-Pilot as new EDC bag

Thumbs up Co-Pilot as new EDC bag

After spending a small fortune on several different Maxpedition bags and being unhappy with all in my seach for a perfect edc bag, I stumbled across Tom Binh and knew immediately the CP was what I was looking for. I ordered a black/steel CP w/ Absolute strap & 3D clear organizer. Just got it yesterday and immediately switched over. It's amazing the amount of gear this thing will swallow and in a very organized fashion. iPad, iPhone, charging cables, meds, first aid kit, pocket briefcase, camera with charger, water bottle, etc, etc... All the stuff I need to get through not only a workday but the rest of my life. Best of all I FINALLY have a bag that stays put on my shoulder without sliding off all the time. The Absolute strap is without a doubt the best strap going and the whole package just WORKS.

Thanks to TB for a fantastic bag, the right size and with terrific organizaton. My only regret is it took so long for me to find it. Now to try and off load my Maxped collection to invest into a Tri-Star, then I should be set for anything.

Pocket Briefcase???

Manny,

Curious about the pocket briefcase you mentioned... tell us more!

I, too, love my CP (black/steel) as my EDC murse!

Someone please help me!
    I have BAS (Bihn Acquisition Syndrome)!!

123veo likes this.

The one I use is very utilitarian & cheap, a small leather holder fir 3x5" index cards, slips easily into my pocket and when you have to jot a note etc.. it's quick to hand. Some are much nicer but this one from Oxford works fine for me:

Amazon.com: OxfordŽ At-Hand Note Card Case Holds and Includes 25 3 x 5 Ruled Cards, Black: Office Products

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Welcome to the forums, Manny. I'm glad you found us!
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

The Co-Pilot is a great EDC bag! I've got a Tumi expandable briefcase ballistic top of the line briefcase, an old CLASSIC belting leather Schlesinger Brothers accordion briefcase, a Redoxx Gator and some other carry bags... but the Co-Pilot is my EDC bag!

I have been using my Black/UV Co-Pilot as my EDC for the past 3-4 months and it is fabulous. Holds everything I need without being massive or too heavy, and it has the perfect storage for my KeepCup (travel coffee cup), a crucial part of my commute! Would love one in Wasabi dyneema or if there is ever an orange dyneema May well have to succumb to the temptation of an Iberian dyneema CP while they still have them. But then again, the CP+ must be due soon...
    Happy owner of: Black & UltraViolet Co-Pilot, Kiwi Swift, Azelea Little Swift, Azelea 3D Clear organizer Cube, Turquoise Little Swift, Turquoise Medium Cafe Bag, Plum Field Journal, Plum Large Cafe Bag, Plum Small Cafe Bag, Black Large Cafe Bag, Wasabi CQPC plus lots of travel stuff sacks, Yarn stuff sacks, organiser pouches, travel trays etc

I too have been using my Cardinal/Steel Co-Pilot for the last 5 months and love the functional aspects of the bag. It is so well-organized that I can find my keys, wallet, iPhone, etc. easily. I like the compactness of this bag plus the fact that it has a water bottle compartment handy. It is my go-to bag for work (I also have the Ristretto for MBA 11 - another favourite TB bag) when I'm not carrying my Air 11. I am very tempted to get another Co-Pilot in the new Nordic material but might just wait a little longer to see if a larger version of Co-Pilot will be released in 2013.

So, Darcy, do you have any update on the larger Co-Pilot? Thanks again!

Best,
    WenV

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0