Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By flitcraft
  • 1 Post By tCook
  • 2 Post By ncb4

Thread: Travel tray turns out to be excellent as a hospital tray

Travel tray turns out to be excellent as a hospital tray

I've reviewed the Travel Tray as a travel tray before, and I wouldn't dream of traveling now without it. I had it with me in Lisbon, doing its usual yeoman thing of corraling my bitty travel goodies, when I broke both leg bones in an unfortunate encounter with a cobblestone pavement.

Some days later, back in the US, it was time for reconstructive surgery. I was packing for the hospital when it dawned on me how useful the Travel Tray might be. So I packed it with my cellphone, handwipes, a pocket comb, my toothbrush and preferred toothpaste, a lip balm, a few pens, a glasses case, and my Kindle, cinched it up, and off we went. Two days in the hospital were made much more comfortable by easy access to my goodies in the Travel Tray. I got to proselytize the nurses and doctors about Tom Bihn, too, so what's not to like?

Since getting home, I'm bed or chair bound for a while yet, but the Travel Tray is a great way to have all my essentials to hand whether in bed upstairs or in chair downstairs.

Now, I'm not suggesting you break your leg just to prove the versatility of the Travel Tray. Consider it proven now. Tough duty, but somebody had to do it.
    Western Flyer (crimsom) with Absolute strap, Zephyr (black), Medium Cafe Bag (steel/olive), Shop Bags (solar, steel), Large Cafe bag (navy/cayenne), Small café bag (forest), Tristars (steel/solar and indigo/solar),Aeronaut (steel), Side Effects (old skool black cordura, olive parapack), Imagos (steel, cork, wasabi, and aubergine, hemp, steel), Dyneema Western Flyer (Nordic/Steel) and miscellaneous packing cubes, pouches, etc.

Brilliant usage! Sorry to hear of your injury but am glad you found an easy way to transport and have access to your small items!

I'm recovering from surgery myself at the moment, but at least I'm able to be up and around. I am beyond sorry to hear about your "unfortunate encounter" and the two broken legs: yikes! I am glad you are on the mend though, and hope you have a swift and pain-free recovery. I'm sure you'll find all sorts of uses for TB bags to help. My Side Effect is my constant companion. I can carry my cell phone and other necessities in it when I'm moving around the house or going on my PT walks. It keeps my hands free (which was even more useful last year when I was on crutches after knee surgery). And it doesn't add too much weight to my neck shoulders, which is essential this year since I'm not allowed to lift or carry anything over a few pounds after my spinal fusion surgery.

Keep healing!

Sorry to hear about your troubles!

My solar travel tray is doing excellent duty at the moment as transportation for prescription drugs. My partner (who needs a disconcerting number of magic sweeties, inhalers and other paraphernalia on a daily basis due to problems with heart and lungs) and I have been spending alternating weeks a few hundred miles from home, working on clearing my late father-in-law's house so we can refurbish it ready for renting out. The prescription drugs almost fill the travel tray (yes, really...) giving great access and ability to see what's there at a glance, and transport the whole lot in safety with a minimum of fuss and bother. When we arrive at the remote location, I just get the 'drugs pod' out and it sits on a dressing table or counter for the duration of our stay. The fact that it's bright yellow helps to avoid forgetting it and leaving it behind when we change locations...

In fact, it's so useful for that purpose that I've been thinking recently about whether I should order another one (or even two) so that we can dedicate one to tablets and inhalers permanently, and I can have my solar one back!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flitcraft View Post
    Since getting home, I'm bed or chair bound for a while yet, but the Travel Tray is a great way to have all my essentials to hand whether in bed upstairs or in chair downstairs.
    Smart! We're all so glad the Travel Tray is, in its own small way, helping out in your time of recovery. Makes what we do mean so much more. Thanks for sharing this.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Here's to a speedy recovery! Being down for the count is no fun at all.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0