Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: One of my great regrets...

Quote Originally Posted by PanSauce View Post
    The ironic twist - the company I work for actually makes bags, packs and laptop bags. I won't say who, and I won't say I dislike their products, it's just that TB gear blows them out of the water 6 ways from Sunday.
    Worker...or owner?

^lol

I still have my first love (a black Brain Bag) going on 12 years now. All my TB's are going to be heirlooms.

Shortly after I gave my Olive/Solar Synapse to my spouse, I was seized with longing and regret. The Smart Alec I had purchased to "upgrade" capacity did not elicit the same feelings of delight . After a few months of use, I certainly did develop respect and appreciation for it's design, superb quality and capacity. My spouse consented to acquire a new Synapse ( Black/Iberian) and return mine. Yes! I now switch off between both bags. If I acquire the larger Synapse should I sell the Smart Alec? Perhaps I need carefully consider this tale of remorse before acting rashly.

Quote Originally Posted by Stacybean View Post
    Shortly after I gave my Olive/Solar Synapse to my spouse, I was seized with longing and regret. The Smart Alec I had purchased to "upgrade" capacity did not elicit the same feelings of delight . After a few months of use, I certainly did develop respect and appreciation for it's design, superb quality and capacity. My spouse consented to acquire a new Synapse ( Black/Iberian) and return mine. Yes! I now switch off between both bags. If I acquire the larger Synapse should I sell the Smart Alec? Perhaps I need carefully consider this tale of remorse before acting rashly.
    Perhaps it's the subconscious hoarder in me, but I would say keep both. At least, until/if you realize you don't use both.

My own experience isn't quite so drastic: I purchased the Imago a year ago or so and, while well-made and all that, not really laid out well for my needs at the time. Thankfully, I did not get rid of it, though the thought did cross my mind (as in, "hmmm, perhaps I should sell this to fund some new TB loot"). A few months ago, I pulled it out thinking I'd give it another go...and lo and behold! It's my fave of the moment! It's laid out perfectly for my needs right now.

Am I suggesting one should never part with TB gear? No, of course not. But, I guess, proceed with caution when parting with your TB "family"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0