Like Tree9Likes
  • 6 Post By PGJohnson
  • 1 Post By lonestar6
  • 1 Post By backpack
  • 1 Post By Tlacltme

Thread: Why I Like My Synapse!

Why I Like My Synapse!

This is perhaps premature given that I've had the backpack only a little over 24 hours but I really was amazed at how quickly I've become accustom to using all of it's great features. I also have to preface this review with the fact that I have a very small frame 5'0" 125lbs so "normal" backpacks (1200+ sq in) are almost always too large for me. As a post-student I'm now job hunting and with no car I pound the pavement the old fashion way. With me come the essentials:

- laptop,
    - charger,
    - mouse,
    - water bottle, -
    - coffee mug,
    - agenda,
    - notebook,
    - pad,
    - TNF TKA Stretch jacket,
    - glasses case,
    - spare batteries for my hearing aid and CI,
    - a book (to pass the time on the bus)

All of this could never fit in my old favorite bag as it was too small (the Synapse is to replace this, 7 years constant use did it in) and all other bags I have used (and spent too much money on) were much too large and would "hang" the weight on my on my shoulders with no support leaving me with a sore neck. Today I went from 6:30 am to 5 pm with the Synapse on my back as I went all over San Diego: morning coffee meet at VoSD, a job fair, the library to search, lunch, a networking meeting, back to the library and waiting for the buses and tram in between. If I had done this, with the above load, with those other bags I'd be having an Advil dinner.

As I type this, I have no pain. It is amazing how well the Synapse takes the weight and distributes it properly. It feels like it is an extension of the clothes you are wearing. The pocket are wonderfully organized. No more digging around for stuff. Need a pen or my keys? Left front pocket. Need my glasses? Right front pocket. Need my mouse? Bottom center.

Like I said, this may be premature and just "new bag glee" (it was on back order so I had to wait in anticipation as I read how everyone loved their pack), but right now I really like my new best friend.

Will post an update in a week.

Nice review that is not premature. It sounds like you packed your Synapse 100s of times mentally before you received the physical pack. Now you validated your packing plan, congratulations!

The Synapse love is not going to go away, I have had mine for a year.

This summer it has supplanted the Large Cafe Bag as an EDC.

Due to the horribly hot weather and polluted air, I didn't do as much going around as last year, nevertherless, the Synapse is a first class champion for running errands, going to appointments, doing research.

Paired with the Field Journal Notebook, it is a dream,
    Multiple store grocery shopping, no problem. Each store has its list by section.
    Notes are easy to take in a compact way.

It excels with portable electronic devices, even an heavy EEPC housed in a Cache glide seamlessly in the center or inner main pocket.

It can also be crammed with stuff when one doesn't have time to redo a perfect packing because, at the last minute, the weather has suddenly turned cold and soggy when when it was previously sunny and warm.

Or the children, dogs or husband contingent refuse to move if they don't see their snacks, toys or paperwork getting into your bag.

Yes. Synapse = Love.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0