TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar

travel with kids: packing made light for a week in san francisco

Great review of the Aeronaut and Checkpoint Flyer over at Simply Bike. Read the full review here.

Name:  simplybike2.jpg
Views: 691
Size:  110.3 KB

"The beauty of the aeronaut is that it is the absolute largest it can be while still qualifying as a carry-on bag. This meant that every aircraft, from the huge international carriers to the tiny domestic ones, allowed us to bring the bags on board and we were able to fit them into the carry-on compartment above our seats. This was especially important to us when flying overseas after our San Francisco trip, as we had our baby’s bed in the Aeronaut, to which we wanted access as soon as we arrived in Romania."

Name:  simplybike1.jpg
Views: 1213
Size:  164.7 KB
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

I love how she used the Snake Charmer as her diaper pouch! Such a smart idea!

Lovely, love the nubered packing and the spread.

I'm not sure I saw the professional clothes for "T". I also didn't see any other shoes so I assume they just had what they wore and nothing else. My running shoes always take up one side of my Aeronaut and bulge into the main compartment. The yoga mat and the crib were new ones to me.
    Owner of : Imago, Aeronaut, Brain Bag, Smart Alec, Synapse, Co-Pilot

That's extremely impressive! Bravo that they were able to fit everything in AND take a baby with them, I would've thought that having a baby on a trip meant having to check a bag instantly as babies tend to be messy creatures and you would have to pack a full wardrobe plus enough diapers to outfit all the babies in California into a roller.

Someone else mentioned using the Snake Charmer as a diaper pouch before, the "baby charmer" as it were. I can't remember who. Still a smart idea, though.

Quote Originally Posted by pretzelb View Post
    I'm not sure I saw the professional clothes for "T". I also didn't see any other shoes so I assume they just had what they wore and nothing else. My running shoes always take up one side of my Aeronaut and bulge into the main compartment. The yoga mat and the crib were new ones to me.
    Solution: dress looking lightweight running shoes.

Adult Soft Soled Shoes | Soft Star Shoes

Dorayme used the brand for her children, I think. They are made in Corvallis, Oregon!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0