• 1 Post By backpack
  • 2 Post By pegolas
  • 3 Post By pegolas
  • 1 Post By kellie16
  • 1 Post By kellie16
  • 1 Post By darbs

Thread: Large Cafe Bag

Large Cafe Bag

I’ve had my Large Café Bag in use for almost two weeks, so I thought I’d give a little review in case there are those out there who are considering it.

1. I was initially concerned that this bag would be too big. I’m 5’2 (AND A HALF)”, and when I pulled it out of the box I thought that maybe I should’ve gone with the medium. After using it consistently and checking myself out in the mirror, I can happily say that I was wrong. The bag is large but doesn’t have a wide profile. It doesn’t look oversized at all, even on someone of my stature.

2. Organizational pouches. So I’m kind of scattered when it comes to my daily belongings. I ordered some small and mini pouches, but doubted that they’d actually keep things where they should be. As of today, EVERYTHING is still in its proper place (except my keys. I never get around to actually attaching them. Lol). I like that when I pull out my “wallet”, it is still attached to my bag, so it is not going anywhere. The front zippered portion is where I throw my miscellaneous items, and the main compartment has my pouches (wallet, change purse, make-up bag), pens (yes, I am actually utilizing pen slots for the first time in my life), my phone, my work phone, and my prescription sunglasses.

3. Holding power. With everything I carry, the bag still has room for SO MUCH more. Saturday evening I rolled up a lightweight hoodie and it fit easily. There was still room to spare.

4. Color: I chose the steel/cayenne option, because I wanted something neutral that would go with everything. I feel like the cayenne interior is a nice little “surprise” when I open up the bag. It’s so pretty!!

Overall, I love this bag. I love the configuration of pouch organization. I can’t believe I’m organized!! When I do decide to change out my bags, I just need to unclip most of my stuff and throw it into the new bag! I'll try to get some photos up so that everyone can see the bag size while I'm carrying it.

Thank you so much for this review! I just bought a Small Cafe Bag (which I love) but I'm finding that my every day carry needs are expanding!! Looks like I'll be adding the LCB to my next order!!

Here is the exterior. I love this shade of gray
    Name:  LC exterior.JPG
Views: 1144
Size:  98.9 KB

Interior. So. Much. More. Room.
    Name:  LC interior main.JPG
Views: 1145
Size:  126.8 KB

Front zip section. Yes, there is a full-sized bottle of perfume in there. Why? I do not know.
    Name:  LC front zip.JPG
Views: 1196
Size:  137.3 KB

Me with the bag! Please forgive my appearance - I have not yet put on my make-up! Me taking a pic with no make-up is pretty much unheard of! I hope this gives you an idea of the size. Remember: I'm a hobbit.
    Name:  LC with ME.JPG
Views: 1150
Size:  139.6 KB

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    It looks really good on you despite the fact that you claim to need makeup before pictures. So, what would you say is your favorite feature?
    pegolas likes this.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, LS, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP, RiPad, FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

I have no idea how Tom designs are able to achieve the same elegant look with a 5’2 (AND A HALF)” lovely lady and all the gorgeous people on Tom Bihn flicker Large Cafe Bag pictures.

The Large Cafe Bag even manage to transform yours truly 5'7', Obelix shape into something elegant, a miracle in itself

I have 4 Large Cafe Bags in different colors and I recommend them wholeheartedly to everybody!

Obelix - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    pegolas likes this.

You guys are the best! And I totally thought backpack said shaped like an "obelisk" and was trying to figure out what that would look like. Then I clicked the link. Lol.

My favorite feature of the bag is something you're probably very familiar with - I love the pouches are all secured and I know exactly where my stuff is instead of scrounging around looking for everything!

Quote Originally Posted by pegolas View Post
    You guys are the best! And I totally thought backpack said shaped like an "obelisk" and was trying to figure out what that would look like. Then I clicked the link. Lol.

My favorite feature of the bag is something you're probably very familiar with - I love the pouches are all secured and I know exactly where my stuff is instead of scrounging around looking for everything!
    However I look more like this Bicarbonatofsoda - Asterix encyclopedia - The characters - The official Website

And I love pink and long sleeves.

The Pouches and Key Straps are the bestest inventions ever. I color and size code them as well as using Clear and All Fabrics Pouches.

I can assure you that they are very strong. I have in front of me the first Cordura Pouches I bought in 07.
    They hold change and have been carried all over inside the back pocket of my Large and Small Cafe Bags, my Swifts and Brain Bags.

I wish I had them when I had to collect quarters for the laundromat then the apartement building washer and dryer.

I am also a public transport user and those agencies have the annoying habit of raising fares on a regular basic and hiring cluless CEOs who never took a bus to go anywhere but on a photo op.

When the my, then local agency set up their first scan fare card, I used my first Clear Pouch with a Long Key Strap, it was very handy, especially when the weather was wet or freezing, it was also handy on really really hot weather.

I was curious to see if my iPad would fit into the front zippered section, so I tried it. I was able to get it in vertically and still close the zipper. Just an FYI.
    Last edited by pegolas; 08-22-2012 at 11:40 AM. Reason: iPad typo

Thanks for the great review! I get to pick up my new LCB (in plum/wasabi) on Friday (shared order with two other Melbournians) and I can't wait to start using it for my commute.

When the my, then local agency set up their first scan fare card, I used my first Clear Pouch with a Long Key Strap, it was very handy, especially when the weather was wet or freezing, it was also handy on really really hot weather

Genius! I will be putting my tram card in a mini pouch on a long key strap ASAP!

My pool key card is in a mini pouch on a keystrap hanging on the pool bag now! You have to scan it to get in and out of the pool. Glad to see I'm not the only one using this trick.

My work id and key card are in a clear mini that gets clipped to whatever I'm wearing at work that day. My bus pass lives in a clear mini on a regular not long keystrap. The regular was long enough for me. It also holds my metro card for when I go to NYC, and any train tickets go in there too.
    Indigo/Black Swift, Kiwi little Swift, Indigo Side Effect, Punch Small Cafe bag, Plum Clear Organizer Wallet, Tall Yarn Stuff sacks in Solar and Steel,

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0