• 1 Post By Moose
  • 1 Post By pocketsize
  • 1 Post By backpack
  • 1 Post By dorayme
  • 1 Post By pocketsize
  • 2 Post By marbenais
  • 2 Post By backpack
  • 2 Post By marbenais

Thread: Introducing the new black/black Little Swift and my thoughts on Wasabi Dyneema

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas

Introducing the new black/black Little Swift and my thoughts on Wasabi Dyneema

Well my long awaited brown box arrived today, delivered by Cesar Desparado himself. Therein I had my long awaited Black/Black LS, Wasabi Shop bag, Wasabi Travel Stuff Sack size 4, Solar Travel Tray, Ultraviolet Tall Yarn Stuff Sack, Ultrasuede Strap Wrap for Z's MCB, 2 Half Strap Wistles and 3 sets of zipper pulls.

My first thought out of the box was WOW! It all looks so pretty together! I know that there are different philosophies to collecting TB, some more coordinated than others, but my personal preference is to gather a coordinated collection of matching and complementary pieces. The new Wasabi works so well with the other colors I have, and I love that!

First thing after taking a picture, I showed Z her strap wrap and installed it. I explained to her little scissor happy 4 year old mind that she is to NEVER EVER EVER attempt to get scissors near the TB bags, but just this once mommy had to cut off the plastic shoulder pad so that her new cushy one would fit on. She loves it! For a small child, the USW is perfect, it provides a larger surface for when they aren't as careful about seating the bag in a balanced way on their shoulder, and it's gently padded but not bulky. Z will no longer get plastic strap pad marks on her neck!

Secondly I pulled out my new LS, and loaded her up with the contents from my Cork LS. The LS really is a perfect PLO/handbag for me. It holds everything I need, plus a few things I think I might need. When that list of contents grows because I'm handed a toy, pair of sunglasses, sweater or waterbottle that one of my family members no longer wants to schlep, I have plenty of room to stuff it in. The padded shoulder straps keep the weight from ever being too much.

♥♥♥ my LS and now I have one that works well in every occasion.

I noticed a few things since my order from the spring. The new QR code labels are fun! I also noticed a new label on the LS,

nice touch!

of course, I already knew from my other LS how well it fit over my arm, but I took a picture anyway just because.

My thoughts are that this LS was worth the wait. It's gorgeous. I think it's that little black bag that I was looking for. The 1050D ballistic is so sturdy and the sheen is lovely. Well done Tom Bihn!

As for Wasabi Dyneema. . . zomg, lovely stuff! I'm glad to finally have a bit of it in my hands and will definitely add some more in future orders.

perfect shade, excellent choice!
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, LS, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP, RiPad, FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

dorayme, what a lovely thing to come home to. I know you'll be first in line for a plum Swift. Are you able to compare the wasabi color to the kiwi color? I have learned to love kiwi. As I mentioned in another post I've never been a green girl but I think, after seeing yours, a wasabi shop bag could be in my future. Your black on black Little Swift is really classy too.
    Take care,
    Moose
    dorayme likes this.
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Wasabi dyneema is the same color as a grasshopper? (also holy deityofchoice the bug was a surprise, it went from bags to GIANT BUG and back to a bag).

I LOVE the label best of all.

@ Moose, I have a Plum/Black Swift and she goes very nicely with my LS I was just showing how dressed up I feel with Corky and my new Black/Black LS by my side.

@ pocketsize, the "giant bug" is actually a baby grasshopper, the color I was hoping the new dyneema would be If you click the link and scroll down you will see what I mean.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, LS, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP, RiPad, FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

Dorayme: Ah! It makes a bit more sense, and Wasabi is a lovely color. I'm not afraid of bugs, but I found it a little jarring. Bags, bags, bags, nice side shot of the new Swift, Oh MY GOD BUG, bag...
    dorayme likes this.

I'm so sorry @pocketsize. Do you want me to edit my post and take it down from the thread? I'm imagining it would be akin to somebody posting a picture of a clown in the threads. I would be tempted to avoid the thread.

On an aside, if you click the link for View First Unread in red at the top of the page it will scroll past all of the posts until you get to the newest one, and skip over my scary bug pic.

@ Moose, I have no Kiwi

The bug is actually really cute.

It seems that between Kiwi, Wasabi, Conifer, Forest and the discontinued Hunter, Tom is a green person, in more ways than one.

Dorayme, you look stuning, as usual, and I am extremely impressed at your first class organization.
    Last edited by backpack; 08-17-2012 at 10:10 PM.
    dorayme likes this.

@backpack, I think you are right, and we musn't forget current Olive or the now discontinued Kelly. That's one discontinued color I wish I had a bag or two in.

@dorayme: No, don't take it down. The bug is cute. (Clowns on the other hand...)
    dorayme likes this.

Eeeeeee! That black Little Swift looks great! I'm hoping to get one at some point. I use the cork Little Swift as my purse when I need to just have a purse (for example, for tomorrow's wedding).
    I have : many pouches & wallets & 3D Cubes & CQPCs & Stuff Sacks & Shop Bags, plum & black (C) & black/UV & aubergine/UV (B) Side Effects, steel/UV Citizen Canine, black FJN, plum/wasabi SCB, Cork Little Swift, black/steel Co-Pilot, old plum/olive (C) & black/UV (D) LCB, plum/black (C) Swift, old plum/olive (C) Imago, old plum/wasabi Ruck's Sac, steel WF/TS PCB, plum/solar & black/UV (C) & steel/UV (D) Synapses, black/iberian Smart Alec, steel Brain Bag.

Quote Originally Posted by marbenais View Post
    Eeeeeee! That black Little Swift looks great! I'm hoping to get one at some point. I use the cork Little Swift as my purse when I need to just have a purse (for example, for tomorrow's wedding).
    That does it, I need a Little Swift!

The Little Swift is the perfect size & design for a purse. I didn't carry purses until a few years ago, but -- even in working in theatre -- there are some Important Obligatory Events which require bags which are neither backpacks nor messenger bags. I bought a Cork one when they first came out because it was the only one immediately available (and Kiwi Ballistic Nylon & Cacao Ultrasuede do not match any of my nice black clothes), but I really wanted an all-black one! Hopefully I will be able to purchase one in black before they are discontinued . . .
    I have : many pouches & wallets & 3D Cubes & CQPCs & Stuff Sacks & Shop Bags, plum & black (C) & black/UV & aubergine/UV (B) Side Effects, steel/UV Citizen Canine, black FJN, plum/wasabi SCB, Cork Little Swift, black/steel Co-Pilot, old plum/olive (C) & black/UV (D) LCB, plum/black (C) Swift, old plum/olive (C) Imago, old plum/wasabi Ruck's Sac, steel WF/TS PCB, plum/solar & black/UV (C) & steel/UV (D) Synapses, black/iberian Smart Alec, steel Brain Bag.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0