Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By KmK
  • 1 Post By Berkeley

Thread: SuperEgoSuperBag, II

KmK

SuperEgoSuperBag, II

If you are considering a "travel bag" purchase, let me just say that the SuperEgo is an AWESOME possibility. It is entirely too big for my daily use, but just about the most perfect bag ever for traveling, as far as I am concerned. I have used it this trip to hold a 5 gallon Ziploc bag of clothing with the air rolled out, spare Chaco sandals, a fleece (plane/a.c), a raincoat, all of my notebooks, pens, books, spare glasses, 311, Nalgene of water, etc... and it is perfectly manageable in weight by hand or shoulder. (I'm 5-2 and the strap is hitched-up short--this is one bag I find easier to manage on one shoulder rather than across the body).

One of the best things is the dedicated space for different kinds of material in the same bag-- love the spacious zipper side for clothes, shoes, etc... and the "under-the-flap" for writing/reading materials, snacks, etc. Everything in one bag--SO convenient! All of that, and it looks darn cool to boot. It is my plane carry-on and I have used it several times this month as the main bag for week-long journeys to other locations in Indonesia from my base in Jakarta.

Have also brought my Synapse that carried a packed MCB inside. Extra room there if needed and the benefit of backpack straps as well as having a smaller daily bag at the ready.

And, as this has come up in conversation here... I carried the Super Ego and the Synapse on the plane and no one batted an eye...except me who smiled while others had to gate-check.
    Darcy likes this.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Great review, KmK -- I just posted it on the blog.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

No laptop? (I ask because I find business travel generally takes more bulk for me that other travel due to laptop, power brick, two phones and chargers for each, etc. Not to mention business-y clothes.)

KmK
    Dichroic,

No...believe it or not, I took nothing with a plug. I had a couple of USB sticks and used those when necessary while working on whatever machines were available where I went. I was there to arrange a library and also had a chance to travel a bit and visit other sites. If I were going to bring my laptop, I'd have put it, the cord, etc. in a Synapse and still used the SE for clothes/books/notebooks etc. Had I the need to dress more formally, as a woman, I'd have gone for rayon dresses/skirts. Magic material that just doesn't wrinkle while scrunching considerably and compactly.

KmK

Quote Originally Posted by dichroic View Post
    No laptop? (I ask because I find business travel generally takes more bulk for me that other travel due to laptop, power brick, two phones and chargers for each, etc. Not to mention business-y clothes.)

Smile Based in JKT

Quote Originally Posted by KmK View Post
    It is my plane carry-on and I have used it several times this month as the main bag for week-long journeys to other locations in Indonesia from my base in Jakarta.
    Wow, I didn't think there'd be anybody in Indonesia, let alone Jakarta with Tom Bihns
    KmK likes this.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0