Like Tree10Likes
  • 10 Post By j7hompson

Thread: Synapse goes to Colorado (pic heavy)

Synapse goes to Colorado (w/ pics)

Hi Everyone - just thought i'd post some thoughts (and pics) of the Synapse:

My wife and I recently returned from our honeymoon to Colorado and we couldn't have been more pleased with this backpack.

I ordered the Synapse shortly before our trip and it arrived just in time; customer service (Katy) was awesome btw. Because of the varied activities that were planned, I wanted an all-purpose carry-on/city/hiking bag to take along. When I started the search I hadn't heard of Tom Bihn but quickly caught on once I started reading all the great reviews. I was initially considering bags from Osprey, Eagle Creek, and Red Oxx, among others, however once I discovered the Synapse there was no looking back.

Let me just say that yes, it lives up to every bit of the hype. Simply put, it's an awesome backpack. As others have noted, the materials and construction are second to none - it's extraordinarily durable, very comfortable, and brilliantly thought out. My wife insists that we get another for her before our next trip as it was so much more useful (and much better looking) than the shoulder bag she was using.

Anyway, on to some photos (sorry for the quality, they were taken with my phone):

It was great as a second carry-on along with the roll-aboard. Fit under the airline seat without any trouble and still allowed plenty of leg room:

Was nice and snug for hiking. Plenty of room for a windbreaker, trail books / maps, cameras, snacks, and lots of water:

The Navy/Iberian combination was gorgeous and although the cordura looks lightweight, it's a very durable, rugged feeling fabric:

We hiked up to a couple of waterfalls and the spray was no match for the zippers:

Some other misc. photos:

Last edited by j7hompson; 07-06-2012 at 11:11 AM.

Looks like a great honeymoon overall!

Yay! I'm so happy we could get you your bag in time for your trip! I'm glad to hear you had such a wonderful time as well! Congratulations again on the recent nuptials!
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.