Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: SuperEgoSuperBag

KmK

SuperEgoSuperBag

This isn't really a review-review. Not yet. That will come later... after I actually use the SE as I intended when purchasing it-- as the ultimate one-bag carry-on for a month-long trip to Indonesia to help catalog a library... CAN'T WAIT (for the trip or for using the bag that way!) I love that there is well organized room enough for a change or two of clothes to be with me as well as separate space for water, notebooks/pens/snacks/book/docs, etc... all in one compact (all considered) bag...and not have it jammed full, weighing its max. Suitcase and a personal item all in one...tuck a MCB into the checked bag...good to go.

Most of the other trips I might take in a year are only going to be 4-5 days and I can imagine using the SE as the only bag for those shorter trips... awesome.

BUT, beyond using it for travel... This thing holds it ALL when it is raining...which it has been doing one heck of a lot of here this last month. I throw in my work shoes, a MCB filled with the daily assortment of whatnot, laptop and cables, umbrella...and much more would fit besides. I could put all in the MCB in other compartments of the SE, but I like having something smaller to move with me throughout the day.
    Darcy and Maria like this.

Ooh. PLEASE SHARE PHOTOS OF INDONESIA. PLEASE SHARE PHOTOS OF INDONESIAN LIBRARIES. I'm not shouting--I'm, um, emoting. I like libraries a lot.

And I think it's awesome that you found a great all-in-one carry-on bag. I hope it is all you hoped it would be!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Ooh. PLEASE SHARE PHOTOS OF INDONESIA. PLEASE SHARE PHOTOS OF INDONESIAN LIBRARIES.
    I second this request!
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

KmK
    Will do! It will be a little later this summer that I can post them, but promise to post them nonetheless! Heading out June 5.

Awesome. Have fun! I can only imagine that Indonesian libraries are way sexier than Iowan libraries (Iowan libraries = not sexy). Too bad I know where I'm spending my summer, ha ha.
    tCook likes this.

KmK
    Awesome. Have fun! I can only imagine that Indonesian libraries are way sexier than Iowan libraries (Iowan libraries = not sexy). Too bad I know where I'm spending my summer, ha ha.
    I'm not sure I've ever thought about libraries being sexy! On any number of levels, I'd say that was up to the beholder... or the reader! I have to say, though, I do enjoy Carnegie libraries--those built with Carnegie funds donated to promote reading in parts of the country that did not otherwise have easy access to books, whether for financial or rural-living reasons. I don't know exactly what I will encounter in Indonesia. Their last library was devastated by termites and they've received donations to fill the new metal shelving. It's predominantly a theology library. Pictures promised... leaving on the adventure soon...am Most Excited.

Here is a Very Sexy Library.

Volunteer Moderator
    @Badger great linked library, but your comment brought to mind books, rather than just libraries as in the case of Searle's collection of cartoons in Slightly Foxed, but Still Desirable.

moriond

KmK
    Ahhhh...Ok! Agreed!! Cafe, art, library, reading room, manuscripts on papyrus....in Ireland... yes...agreed! This is definitely not your "shush-ers" library...!

Quote Originally Posted by KmK View Post
    Ahhhh...Ok! Agreed!! Cafe, art, library, reading room, manuscripts on papyrus....in Ireland... yes...agreed! This is definitely not your "shush-ers" library...!
    I haven't yet been to the British Library, but until then, the Chester Beatty is my favorite library in the world. The cafe is really nice, actually--I always liked to go when it was raining and have a cup of tea or something and watch the water glaze the windows. It was very--evocative.

KmK
    Ahhhh!! (Again... ) The British Library Reading room is a glorious bit of history... The Library of Congress in DC is also amazing. When I lived in NYC, the main research branch (with the lions, Patience and Fortitude) was a favorite wanderspot of mine. Visiting the Bodleian in Oxford is one of my dreams... Have you been? I totally understand the rain, tea, cafe in a library experience... SiGh.

My favourite Library Pr0n

This book will fit in a superEgo bag ...
    List under construction ....

KmK
    Quote Originally Posted by daisy View Post
    My favourite Library Pr0n

This book will fit in a superEgo bag ...
    Oh, delicious! I am going to look for that book... in the library! Thank you, Daisy!

How about a sexy bag on a sexy lion outside of a sexy library?

Name:  sm lion.JPG
Views: 528
Size:  826.5 KB

^ best photo ever.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0