Thread: My new Synapse

My new Synapse

Not as exciting as Laura's story, but I my Synapse and Matterhorn bottle came the other day. Black/Iberian. It's really nice. Iberian interior was the only black available, so I went for it and I do like it. I haven't done any insane packing in it yet, but it's very comfortable. The best way I can put that is that it actually feels like it wants to be on my back, where most backpacks just sort of sit there. I am still at a loss about the inside pocket of the main compartment. I see it getting in the way more than being useful, having to fit with it when trying to pack things tightly. I hope people will have some advice on that. All I'd really carry is my Kindle in its Incipio case, which actually fits really nicely in the outside water bottle pocket. Not sure what I'll do with it when I do carry a water bottle. The straps to tighten the shoulder straps are super long, so I think I'll be doing the cut and burn to shorten them unless there's any reason not to.

Overall I'm quite happy with it and looking forward to all the uses I can find for it.

JLE
    The inside pocket is not a big deal to manage, even when you are packing tightly, because it has no real structure to it. It just squashes flat. You could use it for your Kindle when you have a water bottle in the other pocket, provided the case is sturdy enough. I use the inside pocket in my Synapse for first aid kit, hand sanitizer, tissues etc. It is never full.

Your story sounds exciting to me too - perfect description of how it feels on your back! I'm using that pocket in the main compartment of my iPad, and I'm getting a thin sleeve for it. Even with the iPad in there, it didn't seem to interfere at all with how much I could get in the main compartment. Enjoy! Take care, LauraA
    "To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive."
    LauraA

Thanks, Laura! I have an iPad from work, but have yet to find much real use for it, so I don't take it anywhere. I hardly ever touch it actually. I just think that it could get in the way when pushing things down into the main compartment, not staying out of the way. Maybe not. We'll see soon enough, since I've been off running this week due to a twisted ankle. All better now.

I carry my 11" Air and iPad in huge Otterbox Case in the inside pocket in general,it keeps them out of the way of the other items in the main compartment.

I forgot to mention a couple of things about the shoulder straps. Quite impressive that the strap extends down past the buckles so they don't rest against your body. Maybe other high-end bags do that too, but I've always had Jansport or Outdoor Products type stuff. The one thing I find odd, though, is that with my arms down they're resting against the buckles, which is uncomfortable. Maybe that's nitpicking, though.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0