Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Tom Bihn Coffee Nerd Kit

What a neat idea!!! (although I have to admit I am a diehard fan of letting electricity and gravity do the work for me - a press just requires too much effort ;>)

Quote Originally Posted by joiedwards View Post
    Grady’s Cold Brew is a New Orleans–style iced coffee concentrate that’s brewed and bottled by hand in Brooklyn, New York. I like this alot for instant gratification!
    Grady's Cold Brew
    You can also very easily cold brew some concentrate for yourself. This is what I do: Perfect Iced Coffee | The Pioneer Woman Cooks | Ree Drummond
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Quote Originally Posted by rabergnc View Post
    What a neat idea!!! (although I have to admit I am a diehard fan of letting electricity and gravity do the work for me - a press just requires too much effort ;>)
    I'm a fan of the Barista

I finally found a favorite coffee shop in Seattle. Java Bean

But Seattle Coffee Works just opened up a location in Ballard, they have a slow bar that I'm pretty excited to try! Welcome to the world of coffee - Seattle Coffee Works

I am a coffee nerd! I looked around for a coffee kit to use on travel and at work. I found the Aeropress and like it a lot. But with all the accouterments, I needed a case! Tom Bihn to the rescue. I got a medium Knitting bag. Everything fits with room to spare. I carry:
    Aeropress (two pieces fit together), cup funnel, stir paddle, scoop spoon
    a baggie of filters
    a tea towel
    a bag of freshly ground coffee

It unpacks like a breeze and packs in seconds. Fits in my Smart Alec, Brain Bag and Aeronaut. I can have great coffee anywhere I can get hot water!

This is just too cool! How do you like the Aeropress?

Quote Originally Posted by rabergnc View Post
    Go to the Sweet Maria website. They have a gravity drip thing that sits on top of your cup seems pretty small. I have no patience, i need to be able to hurry the process! SMH!
    Joi Edwards

black/steel Aeronaut, black/steel Smart Alec, navy Brain Bag, steel Snake Charmer, Absolute Strap, Vertical Freudian Slip, Brain Cell, Cache, Nook Pouch, wasabi Travel Packing Sacks, steel medium Yarn Stuff Sack, Aeronaut large and end Packing Cubes, Tri-Star large Packing Cube, ultraviolet Travel Tray, scads of different pouches of all sizes

I replied a on page one to this question. Love it.
    Joi Edwards

black/steel Aeronaut, black/steel Smart Alec, navy Brain Bag, steel Snake Charmer, Absolute Strap, Vertical Freudian Slip, Brain Cell, Cache, Nook Pouch, wasabi Travel Packing Sacks, steel medium Yarn Stuff Sack, Aeronaut large and end Packing Cubes, Tri-Star large Packing Cube, ultraviolet Travel Tray, scads of different pouches of all sizes

True but this is the NO style with Chicory. It is a nice occasional treat for me!
    Joi Edwards

JLE
    Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    I'm a fan of the Barista

I finally found a favorite coffee shop in Seattle. Java Bean

But Seattle Coffee Works just opened up a location in Ballard, they have a slow bar that I'm pretty excited to try! Welcome to the world of coffee - Seattle Coffee Works
    Baristas are the coolest guys in town here. Coffee is a serious business and should always be transported in style!

Quote Originally Posted by leviathan View Post
    Be sure to order some beans from my favorite Portland roaster, Sterling Coffee Roasters. Their stuff is unbelievable - Sterling Coffee Roasters
    Better than Stumptown!???!!!!!

I replied a on page one to this question. Love it.
    Totally glossed over that! Would you say you like it more than a french press?

Better than Stumptown!???!!!!!
    Without a doubt. Want some beans? I can send some up.
    http://www.playthisrecord.com

My Tom Bihn arsenal
    Bags: Steel/Solar Aeronaut w/ Absolute Strap | Black/Steel Brain Bag | Black/Cardinal Tri-Star | Black/Steel/Solar Smart Alec
    Accessories: Camera I-O, Tripod Quiver, Brain Cell, Snake Charmer, Vertical Freudian Slip, Vertical iPad Cache, RFID Blocking Passport Pouch, Kit, Travel Tray, various Organizer Cubes & Pouches

Joiedwards, could you share your Mate tea setup?

Stumptown rules. I will have to order some Sterling and get a taste test together.

When I get a chance, I will post the Mate set.
    Joi Edwards

Totally glossed over that! Would you say you like it more than a french press?
    I sometimes use a French press to make a pot for the house. This makes enough for one or two cups at a time.
    Joi Edwards

Mate kit: Gourd cup, two Bombilla metal straws, bag of Yerba Mate tea.
    Joi Edwards

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0