Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Synaspe

Synaspe

Has anyone used the Synaspe as a "day bag" in Europe and had a problem with pickpocketer's? Planning a trip to Paris and I'm trying to take only an Aeronaut and one other bag that would be a "purse" and hold my Nikon D5100 along with an iPad, Kindle and knitting. I know too much stuff.

Thanks

Melinda
    K_SA likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mifcnm View Post
    Has anyone used the Synaspe as a "day bag" in Europe and had a problem with pickpocketer's? Planning a trip to Paris and I'm trying to take only an Aeronaut and one other bag that would be a "purse" and hold my Nikon D5100 along with an iPad, Kindle and knitting. I know too much stuff.

Thanks

Melinda
    While I cannot help you directly with the pickpocketing issue, I believe you won't have any issues carrying your camera and things you listed in the Synapse. Everything I've ever seen from that bag is that it is an exceptionally deceiving bag in terms of the amount of stuff you can get into it!

Black/Steel/Wasabi Super Ego, Cardinal/Steel 15"/13" Cadet, Cardinal/Steel Aeronaut, Olive/Cayenne 13" Ristretto, Camera Insert/Outsert, Horizontal Freudian Slip, 13" MBA Cache, Brain Cell for 13" Macbook, Steel Snake Charmer, FoT/FoJ pouch, Organizer Wallet, and more organizer pouches than I can shake a stick at.

I would wear ANY backpack on the front to discourage pickpockets. I also use carabiners to connect the zippers of what ever bag I carry. I also attach my wallet to the bag. Once on the Accademia Bridge in Venice I let my bag swing toward the back and felt someone trying to get into it in time to swing it to the front. I would probably not carry my iPad with me during the day if there was somewhere secure to leave it at the hotel. There is a lot of good infoo on these forums about avoiding pickpockets.

I second jannilee here. A bag you can carry across your front is good to have when you are in pickpocket-heavy locations. I too would ask myself if I really needed to carry my iPad and Kindle (and knitting) while sight-seeing. The number of people I saw wandering about with iPads this past December was very high, though, so having one may not make you as much of a target as you might think.

Of course one needs to carry SOME kntting ( a sock perhaps?) what would one do waiting in line without knitting? And one never knows when pointy sticks might come in handy.

Quote Originally Posted by jannilee View Post
    what would one do waiting in line without knitting?
    Two words: Doodle Jump.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by mifcnm View Post

Thanks

Melinda
    Hi Melinda,

Take a look through notmensa's suggestions in the `Locking' zippers on the Synapse thread.

moriond

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Draw something FTW!
    jeffmac likes this.
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Or: Tiny Wings
    Satisfied owner of: Azalea Swift & LS, Blk/Plum Swift, Cork LS, Blk/UV LS, Synapse 19 & Co-Pilot, Steel/UV Pilot, Fst/Stl Tri-Star, Fst/Blk/UV SA, UV PCSB, Plum SE, FJN, & SCB, Aubergine WF, LS & Kit, Trvl Trays, Passport Pouches, and Shop Bags in all colors , Multiplying OPs

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    Draw something FTW!
    DOH! Another addiction!

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Hi Melinda,

Take a look through notmensa's suggestions in the `Locking' zippers on the Synapse thread.

moriond
    This might just be my paranoid nature, but I think I would rather not lock the zippers on a backpack and risk a pickpocket getting something out of it, then walking around looking like I am trying to protect something very valuable which may entice a mugger.

For me, the only time I really worry about pickpockets is when I am somewhere that people are grouped together very tightly. In which case I prefer to carry my backpack by the top handle just to avoid smacking people as I maneuver through a crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffmac View Post
    DOH! Another addiction!
    Youuuuuu're welcome!!!!!

I may or may not have bought a stylus so I would be better at the game. I cannot confirm.
    jeffmac likes this.
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Quote Originally Posted by jannilee View Post
    Of course one needs to carry SOME kntting ( a sock perhaps?) what would one do waiting in line without knitting? And one never knows when pointy sticks might come in handy.
    Of course! But I've had some trouble getting knitting needles through security at airports. I've switched to bringing the circular ones, in larger sizes so they're not sharp, made of pastic and bamboo. They don't look threatening.

Something to do while waiting in lines . . . mass market paperbacks call to me.
    I have : many pouches & wallets & 3D Cubes & CQPCs & Stuff Sacks & Shop Bags, plum & black (C) & black/UV & aubergine/UV (B) Side Effects, steel/UV Citizen Canine, black FJN, plum/wasabi SCB, Cork Little Swift, black/steel Co-Pilot, old plum/olive (C) & black/UV (D) LCB, plum/black (C) Swift, old plum/olive (C) Imago, old plum/wasabi Ruck's Sac, steel WF/TS PCB, plum/solar & black/UV (C) & steel/UV (D) Synapses, black/iberian Smart Alec, steel Brain Bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    Youuuuuu're welcome!!!!!

I may or may not have bought a stylus so I would be better at the game. I cannot confirm.
    Ummm...also guilty as charged. It hasnt really helped my drawing all that much though...

Huh! I haven't had problems with knitting needles since about 2003 and I do take 2.5mm sock needles. May be I don't look as dangerous as you

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0